Scar Symmetry - Dark Matter Dimensions, Sheer Brilliance!!
The Uncreator
Oct 24 2009, 06:49 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
So this past week I have been non stop listening to Scar Symmetry's new album Dark Matter Dimensions. Since Christian Alvestrom left, I was worried how it would turn out. But the album is amazing, I think the decision to use 2 singers has worked out wonderfully for them. On top of superior, smooth and epic clean vocals by Lars Palmqvist, Roberth Karlsson has some epic and just evil growls. And since he focuses on this and not cleans, he also brings a great amount of screams to Scar Symmetry. With a tinge of Black Metal to them, this adds a new and welcomed dimension to Dark Matter Dimensions.

And as always, the guitar work is simply Phenomenal!! Heavy and violent riffs coupled with beautiful melodies and brilliant solo work make for a completely fresh sounding album. Also, lyrically this is by far there best work. I might be biased because of all the science/ science fiction style themes, but that aspect aside, they are just extremely well written.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 24 2009, 10:08 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I ordered it the day it was released, have only listened through it once which isn't enough for me to have an opinion. But one singer for cleans and another for growls works very well, and I'm pleased with a mix of both worlds since I don't listen to all out growling. This works for me! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Oct 29 2009, 07:47 AM
GMC:er
I listened to the entire album a few time and I have to say that I didn't like it that much. At least, not as previous albums. But, taste is not written

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Nov 7 2009, 02:54 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I like it, it still reminds me of Soilwork a bit, but it is for sure a nice album.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Canis
Nov 8 2009, 07:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
I really like this song... Haven't got the album though, and I don't think I've heard any other of it's songs, so I don't have an opinion yet either. I'm definetly gonna check it out, though!

Two singers work alot better with their style then one singer who sings both clean and growls, which is really hard to pull of live since it requires alot more computers, etc...

Thanks for sharing =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 9 2009, 12:58 AM
GMC:er
If didn't listened to them Canis, I recommend you to start with Pitch Black Progress. You won't regret, that album is unbelievable. And I saw some vids of Scar Symmetry with Christian and trust me that he, alone, was better than the 2 singer that are now part of Scar Symmetry

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:24 PM