For Lies I Sire, New My Dying Bride Album
Artemus
Mar 27 2009, 12:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Just got my hands on it today - still listening. I won't give my opinions yet but they won't be unbiased since I'm a MDB fan boy and have been since I was 16. What's more the violins are back!
Also, I managed to get the "guitar edition" which comes in a digipack with a tablature booklet and a plecturm with the band logo - what a cool idea for guitarhead such as myself!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Mar 27 2009, 12:37 AM
GMC:er
I just need to know one thing...

Is it does it more resemble the older albums (Like Turn Loose The Swans), or the newer albums (Anything after The Dreadful Hours). I'm also a long time fan boy (they're the band that got me into metal, along with Reverend Bizarre) but haven't been too fond of A Line Of Deathless Kings or Songs Of Darkness, Words of Light. I gotta know this, that way I won't spend my money on disappointment =|

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 27 2009, 12:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
It's a bit early for me to say yet - I'll get back to you as soon as I form an opinion. I need to listen to things fully before I decide. I don't think it can compare to classics such as Turn Loose but I think so far it's stronger than their previous, newer material. Hold out whilst I listen to it some more and I'll do a little review or something..

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 27 2009, 01:37 AM
Instructor
I've given this album quite a number of spins lately myself.. and i must say, i love it!
It's not exactly Turn loose the Swans, but what is?

There is a certain minimalistic approach to the album, which works really well, and the violins fit excellent.

In one way it does resemble the older ones more than the newer albums. There's way more slow parts than on the more recent albums.
There's one song though near the end with some unusual vocal-work, it kinda sounds blackmetallish at times.... but it works smile.gif

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Mar 27 2009, 01:37 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 27 2009, 11:10 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I absolutely love it biggrin.gif
I bought the "guitar edition" with tabs and plectrum, great stuff biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Skalde
Mar 27 2009, 03:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank for this information I didnt know that they released a new album. I will check it out for sure

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:27 AM