3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Free! Software For Music & Video Creation, Some of my fav resources for free shiz on the web for recording.
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2010, 06:23 PM
GMC:er
FREE GUITAR MODELING EFX PLUGINS

My producer buddy (Matt Rowles of indieatl.com) pointed me to this. A bunch of free plugins for emulating guitar effects pedals including the spiffy Digitech Whammy which has pitch shifting. PC and Mac AU/VST. Enjoy!

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2010/08/...cts-for-mac-pc/

Todd

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2010, 12:36 AM

A great free audio spectrum visualizer plugin. Mac and PC

DOWNLOAD

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 11 2010, 12:37 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 29 2010, 04:23 AM
There is a FREE version of GUITAR RIG 4 that is limited, but is functional and is FREE. Also, you can get all the free Native Instruments Players in one download as well. Both links are below. It's a great way to get in to virtual instruments for free, Mac or PC.

FREE VERSION OF GUITAR RIG 4 (One Amp Model, and Various FX)
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/pro...r-rig-4-player/
Attached Image

FREE VERSIONS OF ALL FREE KONTACT PLAYERS INCLUDING GTR4
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/pro...lete-7-players/
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2010, 01:37 AM
Guitar Rig User? Check out this link. It's the user area to download wads and wads of free user presets from the Guitar Rig forum @ Native Instruments and they are all FREE!

https://co.native-instruments.com/index.php...ESC&filt=83

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2010, 11:43 PM
FREE VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS/PC

The good folks at LIGHTWORKS have made their new product FREE! It's a very powerful and fast editing system that used to cost thousands and now will run on most any laptop or desktop with a decent graphics card. See link for more details and information. I"m a Mac user so I can't use this software but it seemed to good not to share for all the windows users on the site. The software is in beta and currently free of charge.

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 21 2010, 10:24 AM
WAVES software has made their GTR SOLO software amp modeling software FREE! For a full year. This is really great software for those interested in guitar modeling in software and home recording. Grab it before they change their mind!

http://bit.ly/gtrsolofree

Attached Image

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 21 2010, 10:25 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 21 2010, 09:36 PM
I"ve created a couple of patches for GTRsolo. Great software to have, especially for free! Here are the patches in a zip file.
Attached File  ToddGTRpresets.zip ( 5.12K ) Number of downloads: 297

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 21 2010, 04:24 AM) *
WAVES software has made their GTR SOLO software amp modeling software FREE! For a full year. This is really great software for those interested in guitar modeling in software and home recording. Grab it before they change their mind!

http://bit.ly/gtrsolofree

Attached Image

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 24 2010, 03:43 AM
GUITAR RIG 4 CUSTOM PATCH (Blues/Tube Lead)

Merry Xmas! Happy Holidays! Here is a custom made Guitar Rig 4 patch for those who are trying to get a more tube/blues sound out of it and I have included a preview file so you can hear what it sounds like ahead of time. I did put in quite a bit of Gain (naturally), while trying to retain a tubey sound. Enjoy!

P.S. If you don't have Guitar Rig, go and download the FREE VERSION! I"ve got posts about it further up in this thread.
Attached File  DoubleChunk.mp3 ( 317.47K ) Number of downloads: 313

Attached File  DOUBLE_CHUNK.zip ( 5.35K ) Number of downloads: 241

Here is what the patch looks like. A couple of tube screamers, Marshal Head and Cab, etc.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 24 2010, 03:47 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2011, 02:20 AM
NEW FREE VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE (Simple Interface)

Special thanks GMCer KAHALL

KAHALL PROFILE PAGE

Here is the link to download the software for free!

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Here is a screen shot. Very easy to work with!
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2011, 08:38 PM
SOLID STATE LOGIC PLUGINS (No Duende Hardware Required, Mac and PC, FREE download and Trial)

The KILLER sounding SOLID STATE LOGIC plugins that used to require pricey additional hardware to even work, are now available as software only plugins. These will work in most any DAW (recording software) See this link for more details. You can download them for free and try for 30 DAYS. Apply them to pretty much any mix and they will help even using the defaults. Tweaking them to taste gets even better results. These things RAWK

http://www.solidstatelogic.com/music/duend...native/demo.asp

Here is a list of the SSL Plugins Available for download

SSL Duende Native Bus Compressor
SSL Duende Native X-Comp
SSL Duende Native Vocalstrip
SSL Duende Native Channel Strip
SSL Duende Native X-Verb
SSL Duende Native Drumstrip
SSL Duende Native X-Eq

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 5 2011, 02:27 AM
FREE ONLINE STORAGE! 2 GIGABYTES WITH FILE SHARING ABILITY

I"ve been using DROPBOX.COM for sharing project files and such in our QUADRIRUM collaborative project and I thought I"d share DROPBOX with everyone. It's FREE which makes the price just about right. You can buy more if you need it but I haven't needed to yet. You can give people links directly to the PUBLIC folder so you can share files with anyone up to 2GB in size. Very handy for collaboration!

Here is the link.

http://db.tt/wL1AQiC

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 5 2011, 02:28 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 13 2011, 04:12 AM
UPGRADING TO GUITAR PRO 6 (Not Free But Worth Looking at )

I've started creating GUITAR PRO files to go with my lessons and now There is a version of Guitar Pro that works with the Fretlight Guitar. So you can see the notes light up on the neck and hear what's being playing by the software. I really wish this was around when I was starting out. It's not for everyone, some folks are offended by it. But I'm all for anything that gets you to "better" quicker.

Here is a video showing some of the features. If you don't have a Fretlight guitar, Guitar Pro 6 is still a killer upgrade. It's well worth getting.

Here is a link to a site with tons of FREE guitar pro tabs.
http://www.guitarprotabs.org/

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 13 2011, 04:19 AM

+Quote Post
snackajacks
May 13 2011, 08:00 AM
nobody mentioned audacity, well the link :
http://audacity.sourceforge.net
It's an audio editer/recorder.

grtz

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 29 2011, 07:49 AM
QUOTE (snackajacks @ May 13 2011, 02:00 AM) *
nobody mentioned audacity, well the link :
http://audacity.sourceforge.net
It's an audio editer/recorder.

grtz

Well done! Audacity is a very handy little audio app/editor. It's not as full featured as REAPER but it's not meant to be a DAW.

P.S. IMPORTING CUSTOM PRESETS IN TO GUITAR RIG 4.
*I have gotten this question several times so I went and found a spiffy video featurnig Adrian talking about how to do it!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 5 2011, 12:26 AM
Instructor
Great links ,thanks !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2011, 04:06 AM
AMPLITUDE FREE!

If you have ever heard of AMPLITUDE software, but have never tried it. Now is your chance. There is a version now called AMPLITUDE FREE for the simple reason that it's FREE! Amplitude is a great piece of software and will work stand alone or withing your recording software. Here is the link with more information. Get a copy and dive in to Amp Modeling!

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree/download/

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2011, 07:14 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 26 2011, 10:06 PM) *
AMPLITUDE FREE!

If you have ever heard of AMPLITUDE software, but have never tried it. Now is your chance. There is a version now called AMPLITUDE FREE for the simple reason that it's FREE! Amplitude is a great piece of software and will work stand alone or withing your recording software. Here is the link with more information. Get a copy and dive in to Amp Modeling!

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree/download/

Attached Image

UPDATE:

PROS: This plugin is very flexible and the core engine sounds great. Also, wads of presets and gear types available.

CONS: This is where the FREE version falls apart. The bits that come with the free version are so limited that it's tough to make half decent presets on your own. To be honest, GUITAR RIG FREE is simply better, IMHO. This is worth a download, but until you buy some virtual amps through the IK store interface (which is why the released it this way) it's just not much in the way of being impressive or useful.

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2011, 08:14 PM

No problem wink.gif I LOVE Guitar Rig. I always make a point to try to share my custom patches. Great for recording as well. You can tweak your tone even after you record your performance. Technology at work smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jun 4 2011, 06:26 PM) *
Great links ,thanks !!

Well done! Audacity is a very handy little audio app/editor. It's not as full featured as REAPER but it's not meant to be a DAW.

P.S. IMPORTING CUSTOM PRESETS IN TO GUITAR RIG 4.
*I have gotten this question several times so I went and found a spiffy video featurnig Adrian talking about how to do it!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 16 2011, 08:15 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 17 2011, 12:18 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

A video I made thats somewhat relevant. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2011, 06:28 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 16 2011, 06:18 PM) *

A video I made thats somewhat relevant. smile.gif

Great stuff! Any links to free sims and such that are spiff?

Todd

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:00 AM