5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Who Is The Oldest In Gmc?
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 10 2007, 09:17 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (bill chalmers @ Oct 10 2007, 04:04 PM) *
I am 67 years old. I love playing my guitar even if it is mostly Shadows music I play. However I am excited about this web. it's great.

Now I have 2 questions

1. Am I the oldest in gmc

2. I hope you guys are not despising age.

1. Yes!
2. Definitely not!

I think you get the prize so far, unless anyone knows different?

Gotta love Hank smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bill chalmers
Oct 10 2007, 09:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 10 2007, 09:17 PM) *
1. Yes!
2. Definitely not!

I think you get the prize so far, unless anyone knows different?

Gotta love Hank smile.gif

Hey - if I am the oldest then maybe I deserve a prize!! I love guitar masterclasss and learning a lot . The instructors are just excellent I have 3 electric guitars, a roland amp. several effects pedals and I use guitar pro for tabs.

Besides playing shadows music I also play a few numbers from eric clapton and carlos santana (who is my favourite guitarist of all time). Not bad for an old guy!!! Gmc rocks!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

[size="3"]Guitar - Main guitar is a Kimbara Strat copy bought in 1977.
Amplifier - Roland G60 Combo Also bought 1977 and still going strong.
Effects - Zoom 3030 , Zoom GFX 1, Boss Compressor.
Tascam CD-GT2 guitar trainer. Tascam DP 004 Portastudio
[color="#FF0000"]
[/size
]

+Quote Post
brandon
Oct 10 2007, 09:35 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (RobM @ Oct 9 2007, 09:05 PM) *
Sorry, i think that might go to me as I just turned 48 on October 2. Believe me it's a prize I'd gladly give up to someone who is older, lol.

HA!! my birthday is october 2nd too, RobM......except i'm about half your age....just turned 27

This post has been edited by brandon: Oct 10 2007, 09:36 PM

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Oct 10 2007, 09:37 PM
Ack! laugh.gif
How could we despise age - we are all gonna end up with larger and larger numbers to claim as our 'age'!
And guitarists are an exceptionally compassionate, wise, intellectually brilliant
and usually pretty darn gorgeous sector of humanity I have noticed -
so we truly just get better and better with the years tongue.gif
That's my story and I'm sticking to it wink.gif
Kris can we give Bill a prize - he rocks! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Oct 10 2007, 09:38 PM
Whats the prize gonna be? A free 3 months for lifelong rocking?! laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 10 2007, 09:41 PM
GMC Founder
It's fantastic to see we have such a wide age span! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 10 2007, 09:55 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Oct 10 2007, 05:37 PM) *
Ack! laugh.gif
How could we despise age - we are all gonna end up with larger and larger numbers to claim as our 'age'!
And guitarists are an exceptionally compassionate, wise, intellectually brilliant
so we truly just get better and better with the years tongue.gif
That's my story and I'm sticking to it wink.gif
Kris can we give Bill a prize - he rocks! biggrin.gif

Completely agree with you on that one!

I turned 30 this year and am so looking forward to whatever life throws at me as I get older....I just hope I'm still rocking the guitar at 67!

I think playing the guitar is like a fountain of youth of sorts. I always feel young at heart with a guitar in my hands.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 10 2007, 10:03 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Oct 10 2007, 04:37 PM) *

Exactly! Not sure about Wise and Compassionate in my case, but I am definitely totally gorgeous

<--- The picture says it all laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
lliber
Oct 10 2007, 10:37 PM
i am 50 with 5 granchildren and loving GMC and at long last gettting some nice sounds out of a guitar i bought 17 years ago and until 5 months ago was just gathering dust and spiders.....not anymore

+Quote Post
Jeff
Oct 10 2007, 10:47 PM
I'm 18 with 25 years of experience! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 10 2007, 11:08 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jeff @ Oct 10 2007, 11:47 PM) *

Then you must have started when you were -7 years old! laugh.gif

Now that's cheating! dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 10 2007, 11:57 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (bill chalmers @ Oct 10 2007, 10:04 PM) *
I am 67 years old. I love playing my guitar even if it is mostly Shadows music I play. However I am excited about this web. it's great.

Now I have 2 questions

1. It seems that way
2. No way, in neither direction.

As prize I think you should get to wish from Kris to support you with the lesson of your choice, anything you like! wink.gif

QUOTE (jeff @ Oct 10 2007, 11:47 PM) *

TEACH ME!!! blink.gif

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 11 2007, 12:22 AM
Imagine a 67 year old playing Heavy Metal for beginners 3... (theres nothing wrong with it is there)?

No seriously, age has no limits, it just brings wisdom and diseases (as my dad would say).

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Jeff
Oct 11 2007, 12:49 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 10 2007, 05:08 PM) *
Then you must have started when you were -7 years old! laugh.gif

Now that's cheating! dry.gif

Yeah - not guitar experience! huh.gif laugh.gif I saw that quote when I turned 40 ... 3 years ago. So I'm not the oldest but I am a member of the 40 year old wishing I had the body of a 20 year old club... dry.gif .

+Quote Post
ace_frehely
Oct 11 2007, 01:27 AM
I just turned 15..im like in intermediate..i started playing bass than liked guitar and had a bit experience dry.gif

--------------------
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/guitar4ace.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/major%20nelson.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe

+Quote Post
Gen
Oct 11 2007, 01:35 AM
Just turned 19 yesterday...im getting old sad.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Oct 11 2007, 02:00 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 10 2007, 10:55 PM) *
I think playing the guitar is like a fountain of youth of sorts. I always feel young at heart with a guitar in my hands.

hehe! im feeling older and more mature when playing guitar, most becouse im barely 16 , so i think playing guitar basicly makes you feel better biggrin.gif

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Oct 11 2007, 04:01 AM
QUOTE (PacmanProductions @ Oct 9 2007, 04:28 PM) *
yep thats me... but im 12 tongue.gif

i know i deserve a prize for that.... rolleyes.gif

dang it!!!!i thought i was the youngest!!i wanted that prize laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 11 2007, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (bill chalmers @ Oct 10 2007, 10:04 PM) *

Now I have 2 questions

Dang-de-diddeli-dang!
I never win anything sad.gif
I was runner up for a long time but got beaten by two guys so far I think.

2. No way. Every age adds it's flavor.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 18 2007, 12:50 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Oct 9 2007, 08:53 PM) *
im probably the youngest, turned 13 back in august lol

tongue.gif same ^^

EDIT: nvm pacman is younger :\

This post has been edited by Xranthoius: Nov 18 2007, 12:51 PM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:26 AM