Broken Egg Collaboration, Break Your tought, metal shell and show me some epic rock soloing
Darius Wave
Apr 24 2013, 01:40 PM
Instructor
Attached Image

Once again we will work mostly on phrasing but the 160 bpm is also a good tempo for medium advanced alternate picking show-off. So this time Do whatever You like but please - keep it musical smile.gif

Make shure Your guitar is in tune. Try to tune it on frets (not on open strings). Backing track is exported with precise fit to the time measure. You can import it to Your Daw, set the tempo to 160 bpm and move the backing track drawing exactly to the point zero of the session. This will give You perfect synchro and will make my mixing work much easier.

This is an audio collaboration. All You have to do is post here Your take (solo mixed with backing track) for reference and send me only the guitar solo track (remember to export file exactly from the point zero of time measure in Your DAW)

Please - post Your takes that way: with backing track goes on soundloud, only solo goes as an attachment to the post. This will help to avoid some mess smile.gif

Backing track:

Attached File  broken_egg_collab_backingtrack.mp3 ( 3.89MB ) Number of downloads: 346

Solo length:

Each player has a one verse and a one chorus to make his solo. You can choose which verse + which chorus You will play over. I will remake the backing track according to how many solos will be played over which part.

Chord progression:

verse 1: 4/4 Em | D | G | A || x4

chorus : 4/4 C G | D | C G | D | C G | D | Em | Em || x 2

verse 2: 4/4 C | C | Bm7 addG | Bm7 addG | Em add9 | Em add9| G7+ | G7+ || x 2

chorus : 4/4 C G | D | C G | D | C G | D | Em | Em || x 2

Key - E-minor

Tempo - 160 bpm

Scales:

You can use are E-minor + E-dorian ( E-dorian is a must "must" on the A major chord in the 1 verse section because it contains the C# note).

Example -

Deadline - 08.05.2013

Inspirations:

I think it would be great to listen to some Andy Timmons compositions to fit this kind of rock soloing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Apr 24 2013, 01:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Slavenko Erazer
Apr 24 2013, 01:56 PM
GMC:er
Damned, il laught to death while i'm reading your Collab's names!! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 24 2013, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Apr 24 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Damned, il laught to death while i'm reading your Collab's names!! laugh.gif

Sorry don't realy play any games or listen to Bieber so...tongue.gif Gotta go on my own tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Apr 24 2013, 04:29 PM
Who listens to Beaver?

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 24 2013, 07:46 PM
Dam beavers! ph34r.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 26 2013, 08:47 AM
Here's my try....

https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/broken-egg-collab-with-darius

solo

https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/broken-egg-collab-roberts-solo

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 26 2013, 09:01 AM
Instructor
Wellcome in the collab my friend! smile.gif Great to hear Your take. But You know...You deserve a kick in tha butt tongue.gif Didn't read the description.
Please choose only one verse and chorus - not a whole backing track smile.gif Second thing is additional info about scales- be very careful with the dorian mode cause honestly it works on the first verse as an exchange for natural minor but...in the chorus and II verse natural minor fits better because in contains the C note instead of C# (dorian mode difference). When the chorus parts has often repeatable C major chord...than C# sounds weird in this part of backing.
Also please upload only the fulkl mix to soundcloud but the solo.mp3 goes as a post attachment (You can upload files - option is hidden under "more options" button". Also You can make Your solo louder - I made the mix with drums louder than rest so the other instruments will not affect the solo track that much smile.gif Cheers!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Apr 26 2013, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 26 2013, 02:45 PM
I always deserve a kick in the arse! My wife will tell you that, but I like the backing track so I just played over it. smile.gif

As for the dorian or any other scale, well I play by ear so whatever note I throw in where ever is just how it ends up. I never have a scale pattern in mind as my music theory stops at pick up the guitar and play some notes when I play anything at all. I am with out a doubt the sloppiest guitarist you may ever meet on here.

I'm married, have three kids (one being an infant), a full time job, plus part time soccer coach for my daughters team so yea.... guilty as charged man... lol! I didn't read too much of anything, I just scanned the forum, liked the track and played with what little time I had, so it's cool not to use it in the full blown collab mix as I kinda knew you had like rules and stuff that I more likely didn't follow.... lol!

However, I do appreciate the feedback sir. smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 26 2013, 04:01 AM) *
Wellcome in the collab my friend! smile.gif Great to hear Your take. But You know...You deserve a kick in tha butt tongue.gif Didn't read the description.
Please choose only one verse and chorus - not a whole backing track smile.gif Second thing is additional info about scales- be very careful with the dorian mode cause honestly it works on the first verse as an exchange for natural minor but...in the chorus and II verse natural minor fits better because in contains the C note instead of C# (dorian mode difference). When the chorus parts has often repeatable C major chord...than C# sounds weird in this part of backing.
Also please upload only the fulkl mix to soundcloud but the solo.mp3 goes as a post attachment (You can upload files - option is hidden under "more options" button". Also You can make Your solo louder - I made the mix with drums louder than rest so the other instruments will not affect the solo track that much smile.gif Cheers!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 26 2013, 07:46 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Darius!

I gave this one a shot, really nice backing track smile.gif

As Marc I have no clue about sclaes and modes but only play by ear. Anyway, I hope you like my take.

Christian

https://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/broken-egg-collab-wbt

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Broken_Egg_collab_nbt.mp3 ( 828.98K ) Number of downloads: 183

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 26 2013, 09:11 PM
Sounds good Chris...

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 26 2013, 11:02 PM
Instructor
You are right at some point smile.gif Scales are not a must smile.gif But there are some particular points that make some notes ounding not in the correct place. The scales suggestion is only an idea for where to look for what could be wrong. Playing guitar has to be fun smile.gif We're not a YouTube-like site where some 12 year old kid wants to bing You down smile.gif Those are only suggestion for what You could do if You want to improve Your playing and the most important in all this is... You smile.gif So...forget about any rules, competitions etc...just let us all be friends who try to help each other smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 28 2013, 04:42 AM
Hey don't get me wrong Big D... Scales are important as well as their proper placement and modes and such.... however I'm not the guy that could talk to you about those.... I understand it enough to know that there is order to the chaos, however for me there is not much order for my own chaos. I don't know all the technical details enough to properly apply them.... doesn't mean I don't want to but I've played by ear for ever and though it doesn't always work out for me, it's all I have time for these days.

I'm down with all the feedback you guys got to throw my way trust me.... no thin skin here... ":) I've heard my playing... sometimes it's ok sometimes not so much.

That's the good thing about here, we all try to help each other... I was just letting you know that yea, I didn't follow the rulez, but I did really like your BT and I just wanted to play to the entire thing. I couldn't tell you if I was using dorian scales or fish scales.... I was just playing what I thought was a close fit.... like I said sometimes it works out for me ok and others eehhhh not so much.

I know that Kris tightened up the grading for the takes, but for these types of BT's, I just play whatever comes to mind at the time so I personally don't really follow too many rulez, and with that I understand that it may not fit what you want.... but you did give me feedback nonetheless so it's all good.... plus I got you to threaten me with a butt kickin.... That was awesome! I'd rather you say that to me then to say.... well uh Mr. Roberts you may need to take a look at the structure of the collab" lol... just tell me I need a good arse whoopin'! LOL.....

It's all good man, we're all friends here.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 26 2013, 06:02 PM) *
You are right at some point smile.gif Scales are not a must smile.gif But there are some particular points that make some notes ounding not in the correct place. The scales suggestion is only an idea for where to look for what could be wrong. Playing guitar has to be fun smile.gif We're not a YouTube-like site where some 12 year old kid wants to bing You down smile.gif Those are only suggestion for what You could do if You want to improve Your playing and the most important in all this is... You smile.gif So...forget about any rules, competitions etc...just let us all be friends who try to help each other smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 28 2013, 12:45 PM
Instructor
Gitarerro - very cool and pleasant take smile.gif Thank You!

mroberts70.... Yeah You know...I can only tell You because of what You would need that kick ha ha tongue.gif You ain't gonna get it anyway tongue.gif You can make it useful or just do the way You are biggrin.gif You rulesless bastard biggrin.gif

From the other point I can understand You and it's good that You wrote about Your situation with time and knowlege...so will help with future collabs biggrin.gif

\m/

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 29 2013, 05:40 PM
I'm all up for breaking some eggs Darius!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 30 2013, 09:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 29 2013, 05:40 PM) *
I'm all up for breaking some eggs Darius!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I felt I can count on You mister Sensi-tiv-e Gomez tongue.gif Thanx! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jouve
May 1 2013, 12:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice takes guys! smile.gif

Great backing Darius. You can play almost every music style over it wink.gif
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/egg-pre-1
I'll post something like this later. Gotta work on slides timing and control, cause that fingers always slip from the neck smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jouve: May 1 2013, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post
Jouve
May 3 2013, 09:11 AM
Learning Roadie
Here they are
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/egg-pre-2?in=jouveivan/sets/broken-egg-collab
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/egg-pre-2-gtr

This post has been edited by Jouve: May 3 2013, 09:12 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 3 2013, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Nice work Jouve! A have no complains about the tone and the solo buil-up I think it's gonna be great as a one of beginning solos smile.gif

+Quote Post
tonyk
May 4 2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks Darius

https://soundcloud.com/tonyk525/egg-collab

https://soundcloud.com/tonyk525/egg-collab-solo

+Quote Post
Jouve
May 4 2013, 01:30 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (tonyk @ May 4 2013, 12:21 PM) *

"Sorry! We can't find that sound"
huh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:33 PM