Confused?
FloydF
Oct 12 2008, 10:19 PM
GMC:er
ive been playing guitar for almost a year but i feel like im not getting anywhere, mabye you know of some things i could do to make my playing better. thanks cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 12 2008, 10:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
Warning! The following advice might be obvious and demotivating for the reader...

Practice, Practice, Practice!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
FloydF
Oct 17 2008, 02:13 AM
good point. got anything in particular i could practice.ive been playing scales pretty hard for about a week

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 17 2008, 02:18 AM
Instructor
Hi Floyd. Are you saying that on this website you can't find what to practice? There are over 1000 lessons from beginner to advanced. You have every style covered so just search the database and I am sure you'll find something interesting for yourself.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Oct 17 2008, 02:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 17 2008, 09:35 AM
Just practice your favourite songs if your a beginner. Get playing the simple songs like Iron Man by Black Sabbath and Breaking The Law by Judas Priest. And improve your playing until you know what isn't progressing so well with your playing. Practice chord changing between basic chords and scales like the Major Scale, Minor scale and pentatonic scale with blues additions. Also practice down picking and alternate picking and maybe a little tapping. You can find it all at GMC. Just use the search functions and choose lessons that you think will be fun for you. smile.gif

Good luck and practicing for a week wont get you to god status you need to really put the hours in and in a years time I guarantee if you practice you'll be a long way forward from where you are now smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 18 2008, 05:31 AM
yeaahh practise practise and practise is the way!!!!!!

pick some werry easy song to learn.....record how you doing when you start learning the song and then made another video next month and try to see you progres and be hapy from that.....learn some scale even if thats be just 2 boxes and try to improvise on them...and also pick some exersizes and work on them every day{made some day plan and be sure what you gonna do} for example if you got 1 or 2 hour split this hour to improvising...this is nice warm up......then do some exersizes like alternate picking ...and then learn some song.....folow this for few month and you will se the progres...you can also mix and change this schedule to don't go bored cool.gif

also my advice is don't pick so hard song to play becouse thats gonna made you crazy{i'm know what i'm talking about laugh.gif }..take realy something easy
good luck

This post has been edited by besip: Oct 18 2008, 05:33 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 20 2008, 11:34 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (FloydF @ Oct 12 2008, 11:19 PM) *
ive been playing guitar for almost a year but i feel like im not getting anywhere, mabye you know of some things i could do to make my playing better. thanks cool.gif

Hi Floyd!

This is a very motivated question - and I think we have all been there! So the first thing I want you to understand is that feeling the way you do is highly normal - and even the best guitarists go through periods like this!

Secondly - I would guess that there are things you have "skipped" in your playing. Basically things which everyone has described as "this is really important you have got to practice this" - but they have felt really difficult for you to accomplish so you have skipped them.

Examples of this could be: practicing with metronome, learning scales, alternate picking etc.

If I am right about this - I would suggest diving into one of those "skipped" areas. It will be a lot of hard work in the beginning - but it could really take your playing to the next level.

Another thing which could work - is to just double your amount of daily practicing. You should then notice quicker progress.

I hope this helps! I also want to say that you did the right thing asking for support here on the forum - that's part of the reason why we have forums at GMC! smile.gif

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 20 2008, 01:03 PM
Ugh I wish I knew to use a metronome when I started. Figure out how to use that thing FloydF and make it your new best friend!

+Quote Post
FloydF
Nov 2 2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks everyone ive been practicing alot more and im starting to see improvements in my playing cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 3 2008, 01:03 AM
Instructor
Glad to hear it Floyd smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:32 PM