Bjørn Berge Live Review
Robin
Mar 15 2008, 01:06 AM
GMC:er
Well, well, well... I just came home from the best concert experience of my life.
First of all just let me say that all extreme metal bands can go hide in a cave... because they have no way to play as heavy as Berge.
His footstomping can move mountains, his voice sounds like a pissed of bear and his guitar playing sounds like an orchestra.

Bjørn Berge's playing is amazingly technical, and he manages to play it so clean and make it sound so big.
He does alot of long solos, and I like how he makes them different every time. I've seen many youtube videos and live dvd's from him, and he makes variations all the time. Long amazing jams with unique licks and incredible technical playing.
He even played a bit from Dueling Banjos in one of his solos! laugh.gif

When Bjørn covers songs he makes the originals sound like bird crap. His setlist contained songs from from Black Sabbath, Metallica, Lightnin' Hopkins, Robert Johnson, including others and his own songs. And of course he ended it all with his amazing version of Ace of Spades with everyone infront of the stage.

He's also a very funny guy. Beetween songs he does these little stand up sessions wich are very funny.
He makes contact with the audience, talks, make jokes etc. I love it.

Don't know what more to say... except that:

I F#@¤%!!! HATE DRUNK PEOPLE!!!

I sat about 4-5 metres from the stage, infront of everyone else, everything is perfect, except the fact that there were tons of drunk chicks behind me, yelling to eachother: "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. TALK LOUDER"
And one of the women said: "What? Did we pay 180 bucks(NOK ofc) to see this guy??"... pissed me off. Ah well, Bjørn Berge played loud, those drunk @$€#holes didnt bother me that much smile.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1pXtWCSAiFg
(video is not from the gig I was on)

See if Bjørn Berge plays near you! http://www.bjorn-berge.com/default.asp?pag...p;cmd=resetsort

Thanks for reading my review.

(I'm not very good at writing, so I apologize if this review seems too repetetive and unproffesional)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robin: Mar 18 2008, 10:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:00 AM