G'day Guys
AusiMik
Apr 18 2007, 02:23 PM
GMC:er
My name is Mick. I live in south western New South Wales Australia. I've been trying to teach myself to play for about two years. I've had one term of lessons with a teacher which did help. I'm away from home for work a lot so regular lessons aren't working so I thought I'd give this a go. As any one who knows me will tell you I enjoy the technology of my hobbies as much as actually doing them. I've already built one guitar, restored five and and bought three new. I also have three amplifiers, two of which I bought and restored. I've had a go at building my own effects pedals as well. However after trying this I believe for the price you can buy them for, I won't build any more. I'm also in the process of making my own speaker cabinet, and hope to build my own valve amp one day. SO....with all this hardware around the place I thought I'd better get serious about learning how to use it. Musically I've always liked punk (Ramones, Blue Hearts) currently I'm into The Living End (Aussies) My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Offspring and Jet (More Aussies). My favorite guitar is my Gretsch 6119SP Tennessee Special. By now you have probably realised I do like to talk.

Regards,

Mick

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 18 2007, 03:00 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (AusiMik @ Apr 18 2007, 09:23 AM) *
My name is Mick. I live in south western New South Wales Australia. I've been trying to teach myself to play for about two years. I've had one term of lessons with a teacher which did help. I'm away from home for work a lot so regular lessons aren't working so I thought I'd give this a go. As any one who knows me will tell you I enjoy the technology of my hobbies as much as actually doing them. I've already built one guitar, restored five and and bought three new. I also have three amplifiers, two of which I bought and restored. I've had a go at building my own effects pedals as well. However after trying this I believe for the price you can buy them for, I won't build any more. I'm also in the process of making my own speaker cabinet, and hope to build my own valve amp one day. SO....with all this hardware around the place I thought I'd better get serious about learning how to use it. Musically I've always liked punk (Ramones, Blue Hearts) currently I'm into The Living End (Aussies) My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Offspring and Jet (More Aussies). My favorite guitar is my Gretsch 6119SP Tennessee Special. By now you have probably realised I do like to talk.

Regards,

Mick

Hey welcome Mick smile.gif I remember back in the day making my own distortion unit and building it into my guitar, and I also made a Wah/Phase pedal - endless fun!

I saw your other post - and I'm 40, so there are plenty of us older blokes on the site ...

Glad to have you on board, hope you enjoy the site!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Apr 18 2007, 03:01 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 18 2007, 07:13 PM
GMC:er
Yey! Welcome, again.
Bet you hate AC/DC wink.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:48 PM