> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

15 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Vonhotch's Musical Journey, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2012, 04:07 PM
Instructor
This is now much better mate! Now it's time to continue evolving these ideas a bit more... try to not be so repetitive with the phrases. Use your voice to think on variations of what you already have... try different rhythms, longer notes, bends...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 4 2012, 04:47 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 1 2012, 03:07 PM) *
This is now much better mate! Now it's time to continue evolving these ideas a bit more... try to not be so repetitive with the phrases. Use your voice to think on variations of what you already have... try different rhythms, longer notes, bends...

Hey, I posted my new takes. They are not perfect but I worked really hard on them. I literally played till my fingers hurt. smile.gif The challenges of this one have really helped me to learn this new tuning and the notes at least as well as standard tuning. Thanks for the help on this one. It has come a long way since the first take I posted, and I think it has helped alot with learning to expand repetitive ideas. Hope you like it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2012, 04:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 4 2012, 12:47 PM) *
Hey, I posted my new takes. They are not perfect but I worked really hard on them. I literally played till my fingers hurt. smile.gif The challenges of this one have really helped me to learn this new tuning and the notes at least as well as standard tuning. Thanks for the help on this one. It has come a long way since the first take I posted, and I think it has helped alot with learning to expand repetitive ideas. Hope you like it. smile.gif

Hi mate! I'm really glad of reading this.... this is the main purpose of this mentoring program and also of the collaborations... having fun and learning during the process.

So, what's next? Are you working on the lessons? any new one?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 5 2012, 04:40 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 5 2012, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 5 2012, 03:34 PM) *
Hi mate! I'm really glad of reading this.... this is the main purpose of this mentoring program and also of the collaborations... having fun and learning during the process.

So, what's next? Are you working on the lessons? any new one?

I'm still working on the lessons you gave me. I just got wrapped up in the collab and trying to get it done for the deadline. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2012, 09:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 5 2012, 01:35 PM) *
I'm still working on the lessons you gave me. I just got wrapped up in the collab and trying to get it done for the deadline. smile.gif

Perfect! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 11 2012, 09:18 PM
Hey man!!! How's everything? I finally got some videos for you this week. I have also been working some more on my own song that I showed you a few weeks ago, I am excited to show you what more I have done with it. It has been hard to join different sections fluidly. Hopefully I will get that for you soon. But in the mean time. Proof that I'm still practicing! laugh.gif

This first one I'm still working on getting my endurance up. I have to concentrate on not fretting too hard, sometimes so much I lose track of what I have to play. laugh.gif

Oh and nice job with the collab mix. It must be really tough to mix together completely different styles with all the takes having different settings and levels and stuff. This one sounded especially uniform, and they all flowed well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2012, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! you are doing a very good job with this lessons! The AP ones need some more practice to achieve a more consistent AP playing. Keep on practicing those exercises another week and let's add other technique. Is there any other technique that you would like to master and you think that needs work? tapping? Sweep Picking? String Skipping? any other?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 12 2012, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 12 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Hi mate! you are doing a very good job with this lessons! The AP ones need some more practice to achieve a more consistent AP playing. Keep on practicing those exercises another week and let's add other technique. Is there any other technique that you would like to master and you think that needs work? tapping? Sweep Picking? String Skipping? any other?

This sounds good. Sweep picking would be cool, and you mentioned in the collab about working arpeggios and triads to play more with the chords. Sweep picking exercises could be a way to work on this at the same time?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2012, 10:16 PM
Instructor
yes! you can learn arpeggios and practice them using sweep picking! This are the 2 first classes for the "Improvisation Course". Learn this 5 chord and arpeggio shapes and then combine them over this progression: Am - Dm - Em - Dm

Attached File  01._A_minor_chord.gp5 ( 2.14K ) Number of downloads: 72

Attached File  02._A_minor_arpeggios.gp5 ( 1.94K ) Number of downloads: 74

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 18 2012, 11:19 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 12 2012, 09:16 PM) *
yes! you can learn arpeggios and practice them using sweep picking! This are the 2 first classes for the "Improvisation Course". Learn this 5 chord and arpeggio shapes and then combine them over this progression: Am - Dm - Em - Dm

Attached File  01._A_minor_chord.gp5 ( 2.14K ) Number of downloads: 72

Attached File  02._A_minor_arpeggios.gp5 ( 1.94K ) Number of downloads: 74

These arpeggios and chords are cool. I like this. I hope I didn't over think this but I figured sweep picking was going to take me a while, so I made myself a backing track but I made a main backing track that I can improve the chord shapes over, and then use that as my backing for the week to practice the arpeggios. Here is the main backing track.
http://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/backing-track/s-37XEO
And here it is with my first set of chords.
http://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/backing-track-1/s-l0qOX
While I was doing these I was messing around with putting a compressor on the guitar track and somehow I really like the tone I ended up with. I also have a compressor on the main. Is that too much compression?

And also here are my vids. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2012, 11:31 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! You did a great job this week!! Those backing tracks sound good and will help you a lot to start working on arpeggios. The compression sounds ok, as well as the EQ, maybe that tone has too much Reverb, but it's a matter of taste.

The lessons sound very good too! the rhythm one is just perfect! the alternate picking ones are getting better and better, you should continue working on these ones... try to get a fuller tone, picking strongly with your pick.

I would like to choose some more lessons to work on but first... what bands have you been listening lately?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 20 2012, 02:19 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 19 2012, 10:31 PM) *
Hi mate! You did a great job this week!! Those backing tracks sound good and will help you a lot to start working on arpeggios. The compression sounds ok, as well as the EQ, maybe that tone has too much Reverb, but it's a matter of taste.

The lessons sound very good too! the rhythm one is just perfect! the alternate picking ones are getting better and better, you should continue working on these ones... try to get a fuller tone, picking strongly with your pick.

I would like to choose some more lessons to work on but first... what bands have you been listening lately?

Hey, thanks! But too much reverb? Is that even possible??????? Just kidding I love reverb though, as you can see. smile.gif Here are a couple of my favorite bands that I'm listening to.

This post has been edited by vonhotch: Nov 20 2012, 02:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2012, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Ok, let's add this two lessons... these ones are a bit over your level but don't worry, we can use slower backings at first. The idea is to continue training hard your right hand. biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/single...-picking-etude/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-picking-etude/

what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 20 2012, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 20 2012, 02:44 PM) *
Ok, let's add this two lessons... these ones are a bit over your level but don't worry, we can use slower backings at first. The idea is to continue training hard your right hand. biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/single...-picking-etude/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-picking-etude/

what do you think?

Looks good to me. I'm on it!!!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2012, 07:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 20 2012, 12:49 PM) *
Looks good to me. I'm on it!!!! smile.gif

Perfect! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 26 2012, 04:48 PM
Hey Gab, I don't have any video this week I am still trying memorize everything, but I didn't want to break my streak of posting every week so I thought maybe it would be a good time to get you opinion on my practice routine, and what I am doing or not doing. If that's ok. smile.gif

-Warm up: At least part of the warm up from your intesive technique course
Whatever mission I happen to be on in Todd's bootcamp course.
-Current lessons/ technique exercises: The 2 lessons/ arpeggios you gave me and 15 blues licks that Alex assigned me.
-Improvising stuff / any collabs / Creative stuff: Arpeggio/chord improv and blue's improv stuff from Alex.

I don't spend a certain amount of time on any one thing just til it feels right. Some stuff take longer to run through especially when learning, but I have found that sometimes it doesn't help to play something more than a few times, like it doesn't improve by playing too much in one night. If that made sense. Right now I play every night and if I'm not feeling quite so motivated I can compress this down into an hour but usually it's more like 2. I try to practice everything I'm working on everyday, is that the best way? This is the most structure practice plan I have ever had, though it probably doesn't sound like a real strict plan. biggrin.gif Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2012, 04:23 AM
Instructor
I doesn't sound strict but it sounds creative and productive so it's great for me! I think that practicing everything every day is the way to go, at least that's my opinion and what worked for me. Maybe you can focus a bit more on something each day but you should play at least 5 minutes each of the other things that you are working and also some of the old ones... so keep on the good job!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 28 2012, 02:13 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2012, 03:23 AM) *
I doesn't sound strict but it sounds creative and productive so it's great for me! I think that practicing everything every day is the way to go, at least that's my opinion and what worked for me. Maybe you can focus a bit more on something each day but you should play at least 5 minutes each of the other things that you are working and also some of the old ones... so keep on the good job!! smile.gif

Awesome. smile.gif Do you have any tips on learning new pieces. I have tried playing through the whole thing all at once and just focusing on parts. I'm not sure I have noticed which is better. Do you have a preference?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2012, 03:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 27 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Awesome. smile.gif Do you have any tips on learning new pieces. I have tried playing through the whole thing all at once and just focusing on parts. I'm not sure I have noticed which is better. Do you have a preference?

At first I learn the whole thing to be able to play it at least slower. Then I isolate the most difficult sections and work on them as exercises over metronome or a drum loop. Sometimes I create variations just for practice of this difficult sections. Finally I work on the conexions of the ideas...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 29 2012, 06:24 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 28 2012, 02:19 PM) *
At first I learn the whole thing to be able to play it at least slower. Then I isolate the most difficult sections and work on them as exercises over metronome or a drum loop. Sometimes I create variations just for practice of this difficult sections. Finally I work on the conexions of the ideas...

This is good. Sometimes it feels like it takes FOREVER to remember a whole piece of music, and sometimes I can remeber it after only a couple times. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:13 PM