> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

23 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Tom51's Practice Thread, for Gab's Army
Tom51
Jan 2 2016, 06:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab. That is a great exercise I will do daily to improve my bending neck up and down.

Just recorded a new take. Here I do not hear any bend that is over pitch - which does not mean much laugh.gif - for some I would even say I tend to be a little flat (like second last A - here it seems to be most obvious). But to me this take sounds more pleasant than the last one with sharp bends. Am I on the right way?

Simple Melodies in Amin
https://soundcloud.com/user619267345/amin-020116

And here is a new Buckethead too.
https://soundcloud.com/user619267345/buckethead-0301

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tom51: Jan 3 2016, 12:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2016, 03:54 AM
Instructor
Hi Tom!

That bending exercise is killer. Please work on it for 15 days and then we can move to more advanced exercises.

About your new takes, yes, I notice improvements on the Amin solo. The bends are sounding good most of the times. I notice more problems in the first two ones and maybe 1 then, but the overall sounds more precise and natural. Well done!

Buckethead lesson has a pitch issue, I think that you guitar was a bit out of tune. Even with this issue, your playing is tighter.

Keep going!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jan 9 2016, 03:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab - just some feedback about my current practice schedule. It looks like this:

Warmup with scales and chords 10min
(choosing a key each day and play all known minor and major scales, -pentatonic and -chords in this key; adding a new chord each 15 days)
Beding exercise (Satriani) 10min

Lessons 60min
Goo Goo Dolls
Melodies in Amin
Buckethead

Improvisation 45-60min
I decided not to do the two different workouts on one day, instead I will change weekly. currently work at Applied Music Theory

As I got feedback for Frusciante2 and Beginner Solo at REC I would like to do something new and maybe add a new lesson soon. I really like this one:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...style-lesson-3/
Do you thin I can give it a try or is it too advanced?

Hare are two videos from today.

GooGooDools
https://youtu.be/5YZhSEuRe38
Melodies in Amin
https://youtu.be/z6dsb8cKojU

Cheers Tom

So, recorded a Buckethead lesson too. I am getting more and more relaxed while playing this and enjoy it. Hope it shows some small improvements too.
https://youtu.be/6_dQU5sBnRc

This post has been edited by Tom51: Jan 9 2016, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2016, 02:42 AM
Instructor
Hi Tom! Great post!

The lessons keep on improving from take to take! Each of the elements that you need to improve sounds better on this take and now I hear that your phrasing sounds on pitch and smoother. Congrats!

The plan for the next weeks sounds good to me, and Frusciante's lesson 3 is an interesting choice. Let's go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jan 16 2016, 12:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
Could you please let me know where I stand with my Buckethead lesson right now with this take?!
Everything else is on track. Thanks Tom

https://youtu.be/9vJ8Be1Gw9M

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2016, 12:24 AM
Instructor
Hi Tom, the first half sounds good. The main issues appear on the second part where I hear pitch issues on bending and some phrases. Your vibrato also has room to be more consistent. Practice over the original lesson in order to adjust this two things.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jan 18 2016, 11:04 AM
Learning Roadie
OK - will do so ! Next take will be better.
Hope you do not loose patience with me at this lesson.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2016, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Hey Tom! It will never happen! I'm here to help and you can share all the takes you need. There is a natural process that you have to do and it takes some time, so maybe you'll feel that I repeat the same things too much, but it's necessary, you need more time of practice, focusing on the same elements.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jan 20 2016, 02:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi mate - still try to improve my bending precision and vibrato with the "slow melodies" lesson from Laszlo. Here is a new video. Happy to hear what you think about it. Tom

https://youtu.be/kHGEZDP4jfM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2016, 04:38 PM
Instructor
The video sounds good! Your vibrato looks more natural here and there are not pitch issues (except at 00:15 and 00:33). You just need to make the phrasing and the bends sound smoother. Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jan 30 2016, 03:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
its been a few weeks ago since I posted my last videos on GooGooDolls and Simples Melodies. So here they are. Working on Frusciante 3 lesson to. Maybe I records something within the next few days to show you how its going. Thanks Tom!

Simples Melodies in Am
https://youtu.be/AWFX9nyQPIY

GooGooDolls
https://youtu.be/_XY-4gkpt5Y

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2016, 05:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom, thanks for the updates.

Things keep on evolving. I see your left hand more relaxed while playing the goo goo dolls lesson however I feel that your right hand should "dance" more with the groove. Try to liberate a bit your hand from your wrist while doing the up and down movement.

The solo lesson is also on the way. But it still needs practice to improve:

- Making everything sound smoother.
- Vibrato more natural.
- Work on dynamics.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Feb 1 2016, 08:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for feedback Gab - understand what you mean. Maybe the next rhythm lesson will be some fast funky stuff to get my rigth hand dancing biggrin.gif

Currently I have days where I feel some progress with my lessons and then work long and with passion on them. But there are also days where I loose concentration fast with those lessons that I have been working on for a long time. Then I do only about 10min per lesson with focus on weak points and add at the end about 30 min "playing around" which means I choose a lesson - often above my level - that inspires me or that I simply like a lot and try to learn a lick from it or just play slowly a few phrases. Or I learn a few notes from a song of an artist I like (currently I try "slow dancing..." by John Mayer)
I feel this is better to work with passion and happyness instead of enforcing the lesson work when I am not really behind it and work unconcentrated.
Dont get me wrong - I really want to master all my current lessons and its a big big motivation when I reached a level that gets good review by you.
Just let me know what you think.

This post has been edited by Tom51: Feb 1 2016, 10:52 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2016, 04:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom,

this really makes sense to me and it's exactly what I would recommend doing. It's good to keep focused on some required works, but it's even more important to keep motivation so if this keep you practicing and inspired, this is the way to go.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Feb 14 2016, 12:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
the last two weeks I worked very focused on my four lessons mostly 2hours+ per day in the late evening. So here are new videos.

As promised a first Frusciante3. Yes, that is a demanding lesson for a beginner. I know it sounds bad but that is the best I can after a few weeks of work. Work as you recommend, concentrated on one part each day with slow and clean playing and then get it up to speed which is the tricky thing.

Frusciante3
https://youtu.be/GzQqFpczjIE

Also trying hard to get Buckethead at REC level. I played many times with the lesson to get rid of the timing flaws I had in the second part.
Buckethead2
https://youtu.be/MrXVhtCdENk

Simple Melodies in Am (smoother, vibrato natural, dynamics)
https://youtu.be/H0EfhU5fJ5M

The GooGooDoll will come in the next days. Please let me know what you think.
Today I will add the Applied Music Theory to my daily practice too.

Thanks Tom

This post has been edited by Tom51: Feb 14 2016, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2016, 12:00 AM
Instructor
Hi Tom,

Great to see you working hard. Based on your comment you already know the things that need work but I'll give you my thoughts about it.

Frusciante 3 lesson obviously needs work but this take is promising. Your overal timing is not as problematic as it was in the past so you are going forward. There are many tricky parts that need special attention, go for them.

Buckethead lesson is better but it still needs more work. I notice that your bending is not precise in the last parts and there is also a pitch or tuning issue in this take.

The things to work on the melodic solo are bending, a bit of timing and articulation, the connection between phrases which should be smoother.

Keep on working!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Feb 15 2016, 08:53 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 15 2016, 12:00 AM) *
Buckethead lesson is better but it still needs more work. I notice that your bending is not precise in the last parts and there is also a pitch or tuning issue in this take.

I guess the tuning issues you hear in 2nd part may be related to my playing and not the guitar. Maybe I am pressing to hard when fretting the note and so the string gets tiny bends that make it sound out of tune. OK - will try to make that smoother and check my pitch with a tuner.
Its a stony road to success sad.gif , started this lesson in May last year and slowly get bored. Lets take May this years as final deadline and then rate may playing ?

This post has been edited by Tom51: Feb 15 2016, 08:53 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2016, 04:01 PM
Instructor
yes, we need to keep motivation as the main element so you can start working on another lesson (not trickier just different) to keep motivated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Feb 15 2016, 06:05 PM
Learning Roadie
With music theory I have enough to work on. But will check for a new lesson level 3 or lower in the next weeks. Maybe 2nd rhythm lesson as is enough lead playing?

About tuning issues : not my fingers this time. Its really the new guitar with bad intonation. Its a nigthmare on 15th or 17th fret. That makes me really angry. So I will have to take it to a luthier or send it back with in my 30 days return period. Will decide tomorrow ...maybe more relaxed than now mad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2016, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom,

If your guitar is new and has important pitch issues, I recommend you send it back. I believe that well done guitars don't need to much set up to work properly.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:26 AM