> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Duby's Thread, For Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2014, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Mr Duby! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army. Here I will help you with your guitar playing designing guitar routines, plans, and giving feedback about your guitar playing, always based on your goals.

I need this info from you:

How many time have you been playing?
Guitar Goals?
Do you have any video of you playing? Could you please post it here?
What do you know about theory?
Favorite bands and musicians?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Duby
Jul 18 2014, 07:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 18 2014, 01:41 PM) *
Hi Mr Duby! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army. Here I will help you with your guitar playing designing guitar routines, plans, and giving feedback about your guitar playing, always based on your goals.

I need this info from you:

Guitar Goals?

Hi Gabriel.
Thanks for your help.
I want to move a lot!.

Below I answer your questions.:

I play guitar since I was 15 years dad. Always played classical guitar, just one year ago I started with electric guitar. Now I have 35 years of age.
Practical short time because I feel limited, stuck, did not advance.
I know how to improvise, to know why I play what I play, improve my technique, improve my speed, I enjoy the guitar.

Guitar Goals?
Rock riff playing and Blues, legato, alternate picking, bending and vibrato. And to improve my ability to improvisation, both for solos and for singing.
I play at home with backingtracks and a rock 80.
Play more at home for fun and enjoy playing at home more.

Yes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnJQgVcB82w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsWY_3CkMk
Some more:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ALRAHU/videos

I have degrees in half degree in music theory.
But I feel more comfortable working with tablature

Gary More, Slash, Angus Young, BB King.....

I am currently working this exercise, I took 3 days with him, I think I'll get in two or three days.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/

Thanks!.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Duby: Jul 18 2014, 07:35 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2014, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Duby! Thanks for this info!

I checked your videos and I can say that you already have a good base and now it's time to adjust details and take your guitar playing to a new level. In order to achieve this, we have to stat training and polishing your guitar technique with weekly routines that cover the different topics that you need to improve.

I can see that you like blues rock solos, and you already have an average technique to play them. However, there is an extra value that makes those solos by Gilmour and Slash epic, and that's what we usually call "feeling". Playing with "feeling" means much more than just playing the right notes at the right moment, and it's connected to things like dynamics, groove, and expression techniques like vibrato, bending, slides and other details. We definitely have to work on this things to give more life to the solos that you are practicing.

Another thing that you said, is that you want to play fast. I notice that your playing becomes "blurry" and "imprecise" when a faster lick appears and this must be improved, you should be able to keep the same clarity when you play fast than when you play slow and this is achieved with technique training and being sure that you are using your hands and pick in an effective way. That lesson that you are practicing is very good for staring polishing your alternate picking and legato techniques.

In order to design your routine for the first week, do you think that you can play at least 2 hours per day?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Duby
Jul 18 2014, 08:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for your review Gabriel. smile.gif

I think it will be difficult to take out 2 hours a day ... work and have large families.

If really necessary I'll try, but my better 1 hour every day, but certainly some days I can make 2.
Take 10 hours a week.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2014, 09:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Duby @ Jul 18 2014, 04:46 PM) *
Thanks for your review Gabriel. smile.gif

I think it will be difficult to take out 2 hours a day ... work and have large families.

If really necessary I'll try, but my better 1 hour every day, but certainly some days I can make 2.
Take 10 hours a week.

Ok, let's design a 1 hour per day routine and if you have 2 hours you can duplicate the time.

This first weeks I was thinking on covering these topics:

Warming up (7 minutes)

Alternate Picking (15 minutes)

Legato (15 minutes)

Vibrato and bending (15 minutes)

Rhythm (15 minutes)

Do you have some GMC lessons that fit on these topics and that you like?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Duby
Jul 18 2014, 09:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok, I still do that planning.

Yes, I like the videos there.
Please tell me what exercises I do smile.gif

Thank you!

This post has been edited by Duby: Jul 19 2014, 10:29 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2014, 01:16 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, please check the PM that I've sent. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:55 AM