Removing A Neck Finish
sted
Apr 7 2010, 09:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys,

Despite my strat being a wonderful instrument im finding the neck finish a pain in the backside! Most of my other guitars have oiled or extremely thin satin finishes that feel great in the hand but my strat has a nitrocellulose finish, whilst this is a great finish in terms of resonance it really clags up in the hand and totally outs me off playing it, I thought i could wear it in but it still feels like theres a ton of it on there. Ive tried a good guitar polish but the sticky feeling comes back after an hour or so playing.
Ive spoken to a local luthier who said he can refinish the entire neck but it will need refretting as the finish is applied under the frets, this seems a little extreme to me so I was just wondering if anyone on here has any other tips for getting a more woody feel to the neck without destorying a fifteen hundred quid guitar laugh.gif

cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:08 PM