Insurance Question, what goes with instruments?
Xuestor
Jan 20 2009, 04:14 PM
GMC:er
Hey!

First of all, I know this is a issue depending on what country you live in, so I would appreciate if anyone located in sweden could give feedback on this, but all opinions are welcome ofcourse:)

So, as my recent years as a player and collector of guitars, I have laid my hands on a few pretty expensive pieces of gear and guitars. I just wanted to know what covers in regular home-insurances, and what doesn't. Do I need a special "instrument-insurance"?

I know that my insurance company surely know this, but I thought I'd check with you guys first. I'm pretty sure that if I call them and ask if I need some extra insurance, they will not let that moment slip them outta their fingers, and they would tell me to get some unneccessary insurance with high fees.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 20 2009, 04:15 PM
Instructor
I don't think there is a special "instrument-insurance", atleast here in Finland. Better to get a second opinion on that though laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 20 2009, 04:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
this is what I belive. For normal gear the usual home insurance goes. Did you buy a collectors item with extreme value you should get a special insurance for that.
About the home insurance, it can be of either "value" (lösöre) or full value (fullvärde) and to not be limited by a set value (like the entire house + 200kSEK) you would go with fullvärde.

Fullvärde on the other hand means your gear will drop in value over time so if you lose a LP that you cought for 18k you will not get back what you gave but f.ex 12k after one year, 11k after two etc.
So to include a valuable 100 year old violine in the home insurance would possibly render it useless.

Some guesses from how I understand my home insurance.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:23 PM