Feeling Lost, Think im headen east when im really headen west.. but not sure of eith
Smikey2006
Dec 1 2007, 05:51 AM
GMC:er
Well today i woke up.. in my bed.. in my appartment.. completely lost.. realizing that the past months have been very sureal.. im un able to recall past days and i just feel generally lost.. i talk to people i do things but when i look around i just can't take things in the way i used to. has anyone ever gone through this.. its not like life is collapsing around me.. life is just.. so normal its abnormal.. any thoughts?

P.S- im drug free and running on plently of coffee and guitar smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 1 2007, 06:07 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I've had that happen to me, mine was for about 2 years. It still seems like a dream, like it didn't happen. Although with me, the issues lied with some family troubles i had going on, that i should of moved on from, but i kept trying to solve them.

Anyway, after i got that stuff settled, i even moved to a new house, it all returned to normal. If you dont have anything abnormal or bad going on, maybe you just need something new?

Try doing something you've always wanted to do, but haven't.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 1 2007, 10:07 AM
Lets go fishing!
I recall feeling a bit like that when I was about 18. I think it was when I realised that I wasnt in the safe little bubble I was in all through my childhood. Life changes you often as the years go bye, and sometimes you can feel a little dis-orientated for sure.

The main thing is, as you settle into a new routine things often start to feel "normal" again for you ! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 1 2007, 01:42 PM
Alien Abduction, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (sorry, had to be said)

Sounds strange, can't say I've ever experienced anything like that.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 1 2007, 01:45 PM
Lay off the coffee... wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 1 2007, 02:41 PM
I'm going through a similar thing right now, I'm guessing that it's happenening because of too much routine.

For me, there's alot of things in my life right now that I'm not content with, I'm in the army and the "job" I got there is very below me, and unfourtantly I can't change that for the next year and 2 months(that's when I will get released from the army), I can't live with my parents, it's driving me nuts, I just need my independance and living with them doesn't allow me that, and again because I'm stuck in the army for the next year, I can't change this either.

And on top of that I'm experiencing wierd headaches for the last year or so which cause me often to lose concentration, get dizzy, and most noticeable get lazy, now I'm not a lazy person, In my school days I used to study from 7am-4pm, than I would go to the pool for Sweeming practice and coaching groups(didn't get paid for that tongue.gif) till about 8pm, and because I had so much studying the remaing couple of hours I had left i spend on homework and studying for tests.

This has been going on for more than a year now, and often I find myself not bealiving, or more precisly not understanding where I am in life right now, feeling lost as you said, and I hope I will get out of this phase when I get out of the army.

Wow I don't think I ever really talked about this before, feels good(just a little) to get this off my chest.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
seagull
Dec 1 2007, 02:54 PM
Boy, do I know that feeling!
Recently I just felt gui-tarded! No feel, no technique, no nothing.
I was really starting to worry, but then when I got to relax a little more and focus, it all came back.
I guess everyone experiences it at some point. Maybe it's because we all want to become super sweet players, and when our expectations aren't filled swiftly, it backfires.
So my advice is: Take some time to stress off man! Lay off the guitar for a couple of days, or sit and play loosely with it in front of the TV, just to get the feeling of it back. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 3 2007, 02:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Dec 1 2007, 01:45 PM) *
Lay off the coffee... wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

No seriosly, just go out, make some friends, enjoy in life. Talk with you family, let them know your cencerns, if anybody can halp you they can. So be brave man and overcome it whatever it may be. GUitar helped me to overcome some tough periods in my life too. So keep rockin smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 3 2007, 02:42 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Dec 1 2007, 04:51 AM) *
Well today i woke up.. in my bed.. in my appartment.. completely lost.. realizing that the past months have been very sureal.. im un able to recall past days and i just feel generally lost.. i talk to people i do things but when i look around i just can't take things in the way i used to. has anyone ever gone through this.. its not like life is collapsing around me.. life is just.. so normal its abnormal.. any thoughts?

P.S- im drug free and running on plently of coffee and guitar smile.gif

wow! must be a little un nerving that, cant say thats ever happened to me, we are all here to help ya m8 smile.gif but I think going out chatting with friends, a few beers, generally having a bit of a laugh and chilling out is what you need, just a question, do you work at all? if not then maybe this is where some of the problem is? the weekends can just roll into the weekdays (if that meakes sense) and free/spare time doesnt seem as precious when your not working. smile.gif hope it clears for you soon, cant be fun, feel free to talk to us m8 biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:17 PM