Using Wah effects
ciscosity
Aug 22 2006, 12:22 AM
GMC:er
Kris,

I think your lessons are awesome.

I was wondering if you might give a lesson on soloing while using a Wah pedal. I have a BOSS GT-3 multiFX that has a wah pedal, but i really have no clue how to use. I would really like to be able to take advantage of it and play stuff like Metallica's "Wherever I may Roam" solo.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Tank
Aug 22 2006, 08:55 AM
GMC Veteran
QUOTE (ciscosity)
Kris,

I think your lessons are awesome.  

I was wondering if you might give a lesson on soloing while using a Wah pedal. I have a BOSS GT-3 multiFX that has a wah pedal, but i really have no clue how to use. I would really like to be able to take advantage of it and play stuff like Metallica's "Wherever I may Roam" solo.

Thanks!

Heya,

Welcome to the site. Kris is on holiday, he should be back (early next week I think!!)

If you are looking to make good use of that Wah pedal, check out the "Alley Cats" solo.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/memberson..._cats_solo1.htm

Slippers are optional... smile.gif

/T

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Santana
Aug 22 2006, 09:02 AM
Im looking for some help also. I have a BOSS ME50 Pedal and the Wah on it sounds very thick and slimey almost. How could i make it sound lighter and more Slash/Hammett like?

+Quote Post
Tank
Aug 22 2006, 10:51 AM
GMC Veteran
QUOTE (Santana)
Im looking for some help also. I have a BOSS ME50 Pedal and the Wah on it sounds very thick and slimey almost. How could i make it sound lighter and more Slash/Hammett like?

This could be a problem with the way that you are chaining your effects together in the multi effects. Imagine that you've got separate effects, lets say distortion, a wah, and a delay pedal. If you were to stick them together like this

GUITAR ---->Wah------>Distortion----->Delay------->AMP

you will get a different sound than if you stick your effects together like this:

GUITAR ---->Delay------>Distortion------->Wah------->AMP

I would suggest checking your pedal, you should be able to change the way that the effects "chain" together. I'd consider trying the first chain above, wind down the distortion to start off, and then add more to taste. You should get a pretty decent sound. If it's still a bit muddy, consider putting an EQ in front of the distortion, and use it to clean up the sound (usually cutting out some of the mids). This should remove the thickness, (getting a sound like slash or kirk might take a bit longer!!!)

/T

+Quote Post
Santana
Aug 22 2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks alot, Tank.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:41 PM