Nile
The Uncreator
Apr 13 2007, 01:38 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ok, so i know alot of you dont like death metal, but, i also know all of you can Appreciate a good guitarist, and this band has two of the craziest riff writers to have ever spread there music across this Earth, Impossibly technical, super fast, and some very unique lyrics based on Egyptian Mythology and Egyptian History, not only is the Brutality at its best, ive also learned from there songs! and some of the best growls ever. Behold...NILE!!

NILE - Execration Text
NILE - Sacrifice Unto Sebek
NILE - Sarcophagus

By the way, if you want to learn some NIle songs, they tune Drop A biggrin.gif
http://www.niletabs.netfirms.com/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Apr 13 2007, 01:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
wheeler
Apr 13 2007, 07:41 AM
GMC:er
Awesome. I was listening to Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka and In Their Darkened Shrines all day at work. It ruled.

Even funnier because I work for a massive financial corporation....so people would call in to check on their loans and hear blast beats and mach 5 palm muted riffage in the background. I'll bet I sounded very professional. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by wheeler: Apr 13 2007, 07:41 AM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 13 2007, 11:44 PM
Thast the best way to sound in my oppinion!

Since there are like no replies, i think this another one of those bands not very many people are gonna like that.

Oh well

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 14 2007, 12:18 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 13 2007, 05:44 PM) *
Thast the best way to sound in my oppinion!

Since there are like no replies, i think this another one of those bands not very many people are gonna like that.

Oh well

Personally, I am currently using your recommendations as my CD purchasing guide. You have yet to steer me wrong. I am going to pick up some Death this weekend, probably "Human" and "Individual Thought Patterns". So by all means, PLEASE keep posting this stuff, it's a gold mine in my opinion. cool.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 14 2007, 04:59 PM
yea nile is crazy when it comes to creating riffs. My fav riff oriented band would have to be Gorguts though, there just fucking insane. I sometimes wonder what the hell there thinking while writing riffs like this. Oh for the person buying a death album, go for Leprosy, death metal masterpiece!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 15 2007, 03:17 PM
QUOTE (wheeler @ Apr 13 2007, 07:18 PM) *
Personally, I am currently using your recommendations as my CD purchasing guide. You have yet to steer me wrong. I am going to pick up some Death this weekend, probably "Human" and "Individual Thought Patterns". So by all means, PLEASE keep posting this stuff, it's a gold mine in my opinion. cool.gif

As long as one person is benefiting from this, im satisfied!

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 15 2007, 05:40 PM
I have always disliked these american extreme metal bands(Nile is american?), but Nile have always been very interesting. Never really bothered buying anything yet, though. But maybe I should buy something some time smile.gif

+Quote Post
unmarshal
Apr 15 2007, 08:30 PM
I've been listening to Nile a lot as well, specifically Amongst the Catacombs of Nephr. Thanks for the recommendation.

-Marshall

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 16 2007, 02:34 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 15 2007, 12:40 PM) *
I have always disliked these american extreme metal bands(Nile is american?), but Nile have always been very interesting. Never really bothered buying anything yet, though. But maybe I should buy something some time smile.gif

What bands do you mean? when you say Extreme metal Dragonforce comes to mind, you know "Extreme Power Metal"

Do you mean American Death Metal?

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 16 2007, 03:38 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 16 2007, 01:34 AM) *
What bands do you mean? when you say Extreme metal Dragonforce comes to mind, you know "Extreme Power Metal"

Do you mean American Death Metal?

Yes, I mean american(well, not all those bands are american)death metal that is totally extreme, like cannibal corpse for instance. And what the hell, power metal = extreme? wacko.gif Thats the new to me tongue.gif
I like some death, but I hate it when its too extreme. Well, not always, I like some Nile. Actually Cannibal corspe isnt that bad either laugh.gif But I dont really like it that much. Lets say I like it very simple and very old school. (Darkthrone, Bathory(OLD STUFF), Immortal, burzum, Mayhem, slayer, aura noir, nattefrost, hobbs angel of death, and maaany others <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 )

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 16 2007, 10:37 PM
Ahh, but Immortal are nowhere near american or death metal biggrin.gif , but i see what you mean. as for me, next to maiden, priest, and megadeth, i grew up on early death metal, like Death, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Possessed and whatnot, maybe what you refer to as "Extreme" is what i enjoy and call "Brutality" biggrin.gif

PS
Dragonforce have dubbed themselves Extreme Power Metal, mostly as a joke

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Apr 16 2007, 10:38 PM

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 16 2007, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 16 2007, 09:37 PM) *
Ahh, but Immortal are nowhere near american or death metal biggrin.gif , but i see what you mean. as for me, next to maiden, priest, and megadeth, i grew up on early death metal, like Death, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Possessed and whatnot, maybe what you refer to as "Extreme" is what i enjoy and call "Brutality" biggrin.gif

PS
Dragonforce have dubbed themselves Extreme Power Metal, mostly as a joke

Of course I know Immortal and all the other bands I mentioned are far from Death metal, I'm not stupid smile.gif and most of them are norwegian anyway tongue.gif

Anyway, I've always combined Extreme metal with Death, black, thrash etc.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 17 2007, 12:10 AM
yeah i know your not stupid, just wanted to make sure is all biggrin.gif

Anyway, if you like the technicall stuff like Nile, Check out Necrophaist

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 17 2007, 12:40 AM
Sounds great, but do you know what sucks i still havent developed an ear for being able to understnad what there saying..its till says like...ahghghhhhghgsj;gojdisajigldj;laskghghahgahghaghghahg...to me..but I will eventualy get the ear for it smile.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 17 2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah, when i first started listening to growling vocals i couldnt understand anything, but its been about 4-5 years now, and it comes rather easily, it just takes time. and if you get time, look up Niles Lyrics, very interesting, they use Egypt and its vast history as the backdrop for there lyrical themes

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 17 2007, 03:29 PM
I think its fun to read lyrics while listening, then its like "Ahhh! Of course, thats what he says!" smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 17 2007, 09:07 PM
biggrin.gif

Yeah its a great feeling, you feel almost as if you would have know that anyway

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 18 2007, 02:33 AM
sorry man, but i found that "singing" wink.gif annoying.i love heavy metal guitar, so i loved that, but like i said i hated the "singing" biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 18 2007, 02:50 AM
Thats cool man, its one of my favorite styles of "singing", and one wouldnt call it singing neccesarily, but a vocal styling, called growling, but most nobody likes it at first, go buy one of there albums, and after a few listend, you never know, maybe youll be hooked like me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 18 2007, 05:28 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 18 2007, 02:33 AM) *
sorry man, but i found that "singing" wink.gif annoying.i love heavy metal guitar, so i loved that, but like i said i hated the "singing" biggrin.gif

Whatever floats their boat. So long as no animals are harmed on stage, I won't criticize.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 18 2007, 05:54 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:19 PM