New Guitar
Heyuintheshirt
May 25 2008, 05:49 AM
GMC:er
For graduation my parents said that they are willing to buy me a new guitar. I have a $500 dollar limit and I was thinking about getting an Ibanez RG350DX or a Schecter C1 with a Floyd Rose. I was just wondering does anyone have any suggestions on what to get, I pretty much play everything except for jazz and heavy metal.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Smikey2006
May 25 2008, 06:15 AM
well if you look at my signature i think you know which of your choices i would recommend smile.gif schecters are awsome! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 25 2008, 08:38 AM
Instructor
Ibanez RG350DX is a good choice also i suggest a strato

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 25 2008, 10:31 AM
Instructor
I would go for the schecter, but in my mind it's always more of a metal-guitar, so I would also suggest that you take a look at some strat's/tele's aswell smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
May 25 2008, 10:37 AM
Two great metal guitars, but neither of them are well known for versatility. So unless you don't mind swapping the pickups I'd recommend an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, it's a lot more versatile.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 25 2008, 11:53 AM
Instructor
I will go for the schecter, for this range o money I think it's better.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
May 25 2008, 12:00 PM
the schecter is probably better made in this price, although if you save up that money then definately a prestige ibanez is worth the money!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
May 25 2008, 12:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I don't know if you were following my other threads...but I just bought a brand new Ibanez RG3EXQM1 and had to return it to Guitar Center two days after is showed up because the neck was so badly warped. I ended up with a used Strat that I LOVE!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 25 2008, 05:32 PM
Instructor
Maybe Epi LP can be a good choice. With it you can play.. well almost anything.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 25 2008, 05:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Shecters are great in that price range but you should save your money and work some and buy a Jackson.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 25 2008, 08:50 PM
Instructor
There's plenty of good guitars in that price-range. But be a bit cautious if you decide on one with a floating tremolo. In most cases cheap floaters will drag the guitar down a few steps. Some are good though, but it's still a good idea to keep it in mind.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
besip
May 26 2008, 01:48 AM
it's always confusing with diferent type of recomendations biggrin.gif
i'm beginer so you don't need to listen me carefuly wink.gif

i'm also thing if you want quitar with floating tremolo you shoot be careful becouse as i'm know now biggrin.gif lot of cheap quitar as Trond set can has a problem soon or later..i'm know you have just 500$ so with the money i'm will be go for quitar without tremolo

actualy lot of new quitars specialy Ibanez have a great floating tremolo..but thy are more expensive
for example i'm heard lot of great stuff about this ibanez
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG2550Z

on zz-sound you be can made 4 easy payments for 224$ or as you know on USA is lot of holidays when price drop down

but my final words if you can spend 500$ i'm be go for schetcher wink.gif

This post has been edited by besip: May 26 2008, 01:52 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 26 2008, 03:04 AM
What guitar you choose should be based on what style of music you are going for. These days, players want alot out of their instruments in terms of versatility. If I were you, and this is just me talking, I'd go for the Schecter. The Schecter has a Floyd Rose, which gives you options over other guitars that don't have a locking vibrato...including Strats. You can make this guitar sound any way you want by eq-ing your amp/rig. I also think you are getting alot of guitar for your money with the Schecter, because a Floyd Rose, by itself costs a couple of hundred dollars. Hope this helps...

+Quote Post
Zephyr
May 26 2008, 03:28 AM
I would definitely go for the Schecter, these guitars are some of the highest quality you can find in that price range, and, in my personal opinion, they are extremely versatile. Not to mention, Schecters are some of the nicest-feeling guitars I've ever played. I think of them as the budgeted equivalent of a PRS.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:49 AM