2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ufc 100, Henderson vs. Bisping...US vs. UK
Praetorian
Jul 16 2009, 07:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
This picture cracked me up!

"The British are coming!"

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 16 2009, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Hehehehe biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 16 2009, 07:14 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I watched that fight. Bisping to quite a shot and an even harder one after he was down. There are rumors that he may not be able to return.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 16 2009, 07:28 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'va always loved Dan Henderson, and after that fight I love him even more biggrin.gif
Man what a fight, and man what a knockout!!!

I've watched it a hundred times, and it's still just as great to watch biggrin.gif

Thanks Dan, for shutting him up for at least a little while tongue.gif

edit:
I read this in a fight forum:
Bisping somehow is fine after a brutal KO. The medical suspensions were released this morning and he only got a minimum suspension for precautionary reasons. I would have thought he jaw was smashed.

Amazing, but good for him smile.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jul 16 2009, 07:32 PM

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 16 2009, 07:33 PM
GMC:er
I loved ufc100, pretty devastating right by Henderson. Mir vs Lesnar went pretty much as i expected, Frank mirs weakness has always been that he cant stand pressure, almost all his loses has been due to high pressure on ground. Maybe only threat to Lesnar is shane Carwin now, ofc Fedor Emelianenko could dominate him anyday imo but doesnt look like he wants to go with ufc.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 16 2009, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (Siggum @ Jul 16 2009, 02:33 PM) *
I loved ufc100, pretty devastating right by Henderson. Mir vs Lesnar went pretty much as i expected, Frank mirs weakness has always been that he cant stand pressure, almost all his loses has been due to high pressure on ground. Maybe only threat to Lesnar is shane Carwin now, ofc Fedor Emelianenko could dominate him anyday imo but doesnt look like he wants to go with ufc.

Definitely Shane Carwin will give him some problems. He has to get through Cain first which is quite a feet in itself but I think he will do it.

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Jul 16 2009, 08:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So much violence in the world already. What about love ? tongue.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 16 2009, 08:20 PM
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Jul 16 2009, 12:10 PM) *
So much violence in the world already. What about love ? tongue.gif

There is love.....a ever-growing love for watching people fight on t.v.

I watched the fight to. I got kinda mad that the Japanese guy one the first fight.
Thought that wasn't a good call.

I didn't think Mir had a chance from the start. This is Brock Lesner were talking about afterall, the man is a tank !

Next fight its Anderson vs Forest. If there is a chance Anderson might lose it is to Forest. ! smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 16 2009, 08:40 PM
QUOTE (Siggum @ Jul 16 2009, 08:33 PM) *

Who said Shane Carwin beats Cain Velasquez? smile.gif
I would never count him out, that's for sure..

He might be very small for a heavyweight, but he outworked Kongo and beat him down really well for three rounds so I don't see an easy fight for Carwin there smile.gif

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 16 2009, 09:20 PM) *
There is love.....a ever-growing love for watching people fight on t.v.

I watched the fight to. I got kinda mad that the Japanese guy one the first fight.
Thought that wasn't a good call.

I didn't think Mir had a chance from the start. This is Brock Lesner were talking about afterall, the man is a tank !

Next fight its Anderson vs Forest. If there is a chance Anderson might lose it is to Forest. ! smile.gif

Well, I think there's a few other matchups that would be worse for Anderson than Forrest.
Although I believe Forrest could beat him, I'm not sure he will..

I actually believe he'd loose against Dan Henderson in a rematch smile.gif
And Anderson vs. Quinton Jackson/Georges St. Pierre/Demian Maia etc. would be awesome to watch smile.gif

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jul 16 2009, 09:03 PM
Bisping really does have a great chin - its the first time hes ever been knocked out in his career! Anyone else would have would definitely have lost a jaw there laugh.gif

English or not, I can't say I like Bisping. But regardless of that, I still think the way that Henderson hit Bisping even after he knew he was badly knocked out was in poor taste. I guess the Americans needed to get one back after team UK annihilated them in the UK vs USA ultimate fighter competition tongue.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 16 2009, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (Moon Boots @ Jul 16 2009, 04:03 PM) *
team UK annihilated them in the UK vs USA ultimate fighter competition tongue.gif wink.gif

I can't argue that... laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 16 2009, 09:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I've watched the replay a few times on that last punch and you have to remember that in real time Henderson didn't know for sure that Bisping was out cold. I've seen many UFC fighters jump on a downed opponent like that to "finish the job"......

One that didn't was Andrei Arlovski when he fought Tim Sylvia......Sylvia got back up, recovered and knocked out Arlovski. Arlovski's never been the same....... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jul 16 2009, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 16 2009, 09:24 PM) *
I can't argue that... laugh.gif wink.gif

Its about the only thing that UK fight fans can be proud of at the moment laugh.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 16 2009, 09:29 PM) *
I've watched the replay a few times on that last punch and you have to remember that in real time Henderson didn't know for sure that Bisping was out cold. I've seen many UFC fighters jump on a downed opponent like that to "finish the job"......

One that didn't was Andrei Arlovski when he fought Tim Sylvia......Sylvia got back up, recovered and knocked out Arlovski. Arlovski's never been the same....... sad.gif

I'd normally agree but Henderson said in the after fight interview that he knew Bisping was out and he "wanted to shut him up a little more". Regardless of what you thought about the late punch you can't fault his honesty laugh.gif

I really loved the Akiyama vs Belcher fight, very suprised by the decision though. One of the judges scored it 30-27 Akiyama! blink.gif I really was impressed by how Akiyama continued with no complaints after taking a really nasty low blow and a poke to the eye though, hes got a lot of heart lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 16 2009, 10:04 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Moon Boots @ Jul 16 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Its about the only thing that UK fight fans can be proud of at the moment laugh.gif

I'd normally agree but Henderson said in the after fight interview that he knew Bisping was out and he "wanted to shut him up a little more". Regardless of what you thought about the late punch you can't fault his honesty laugh.gif

I really loved the Akiyama vs Belcher fight, very suprised by the decision though. One of the judges scored it 30-27 Akiyama! blink.gif I really was impressed by how Akiyama continued with no complaints after taking a really nasty low blow and a poke to the eye though, hes got a lot of heart lol.

Didn't know that about the post-fight interview.....that's pretty bush league if you ask me. He could of killed Bisping..... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 16 2009, 10:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Man that knockout was brutal.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 16 2009, 10:58 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 16 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Didn't know that about the post-fight interview.....that's pretty bush league if you ask me. He could of killed Bisping..... ohmy.gif

Well, they're allowed to continue until the referee stops the fight and/or pulls them off..
The ref never stopped it after the first punch..
It's a violent sport and everyone in it knows that, and fight in the octagon knowing that, so I wouldn't say Henderson did anything wrong.
He finished the fight, and I really mean finished it smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 16 2009, 11:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 16 2009, 10:58 PM) *
Well, they're allowed to continue until the referee stops the fight and/or pulls them off..
The ref never stopped it after the first punch..
It's a violent sport and everyone in it knows that, and fight in the octagon knowing that, so I wouldn't say Henderson did anything wrong.
He finished the fight, and I really mean finished it smile.gif

I agree with you Audiopaal.....BUT....if he knew he was out and took a shot like he delivered to him then that's pretty bush league IMO.....I think Lesnar's beatdown of Mir was just as bad.....but Lesnar didn't know he was out and the ref hadn't stopped it. I guess what bothers me is that he says he knew he was out and still took the shot. Who knows....he was probably just talking smack too..... smile.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Jul 16 2009, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
besip
Jul 17 2009, 02:09 AM
lot of nice fights on Ufc 100

I like Bisping but he was talk lot of trash and i was happy when he's get knock-out
i also can belive how Bisping circle on this fight.. with the bad circling he was made him self looser before the game start if he be circle to other side dean will be had more problems to knock him out smile.gif

The ST Piere case Fight--i like this guy a lot..i was smile a lot when i see the conference after the match..after 3 round he says to his trainer hey i'm badly injured..and he's trainer tell him i don;t care hit him with that biggrin.gif

and Lesnar -Mir--- another great match..lesnar is machine his to strong ..i was like how he react after the match biggrin.gif not becouse it's nice or bad...but i see on him the bad dude from wrestling i belive his not play that for entrtaimeting his self..his just kind of crazy man biggrin.gif

same story if you remeber how he talk after the match...i not gonna drink any bud light becouse they dont pay me nothing smile.gif on the after match konference he says and smile today i gonna dring just bud light biggrin.gif

check this conversations here rolleyes.gif --->>> http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=VideoPlaye...e&gid=21196

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 17 2009, 07:33 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 17 2009, 12:14 AM) *
I agree with you Audiopaal.....BUT....if he knew he was out and took a shot like he delivered to him then that's pretty bush league IMO.....I think Lesnar's beatdown of Mir was just as bad.....but Lesnar didn't know he was out and the ref hadn't stopped it. I guess what bothers me is that he says he knew he was out and still took the shot. Who knows....he was probably just talking smack too..... smile.gif

Yeah, but the thing is that many fighters have stopped and walked away when they believed their opponent was out..
And oops, they've recovered and bounced back up. Believe me, I would never take that chance if I were in there, I'd go until the ref pulled me off smile.gif
I think Dan Henderson knew he was hurt pretty bad, but gave him that last shot to seal the deal and there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Bisping would've done the same as well I believe, as there was some bad blood between them too smile.gif

QUOTE (besip @ Jul 17 2009, 03:09 AM) *
lot of nice fights on Ufc 100

I like Bisping but he was talk lot of trash and i was happy when he's get knock-out
i also can belive how Bisping circle on this fight.. with the bad circling he was made him self looser before the game start if he be circle to other side dean will be had more problems to knock him out smile.gif

The ST Piere case Fight--i like this guy a lot..i was smile a lot when i see the conference after the match..after 3 round he says to his trainer hey i'm badly injured..and he's trainer tell him i don;t care hit him with that biggrin.gif

and Lesnar -Mir--- another great match..lesnar is machine his to strong ..i was like how he react after the match biggrin.gif not becouse it's nice or bad...but i see on him the bad dude from wrestling i belive his not play that for entrtaimeting his self..his just kind of crazy man biggrin.gif

same story if you remeber how he talk after the match...i not gonna drink any bud light becouse they dont pay me nothing smile.gif on the after match konference he says and smile today i gonna dring just bud light biggrin.gif

check this conversations here rolleyes.gif --->>> http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=VideoPlaye...e&gid=21196

Yeah, you're not exactly having a great gameplan when your circling TOWARDS Dan Hendersons power arm!!??
I didn't believe what I was seeing at first, but I was happy though 'cause I knew he'd loose biggrin.gif

St Pierre is awesome.. When he said he pulled his groin, his trainer told him to beat/hit his opponent with it laugh.gif
Very great fighter, one of the best there is smile.gif

Lesnar was acting like a chump with his antics after the fight..
I think he should be fined or punished by the Nevada State Athletic Comission, what a dork..
He's very good though, but come on.. Don't act like a child because your opponent tries to hype up the fight actually making him more money of pay-per-view sales, and why on earth would he diss UFC's main sponsor of the event???

Ah well, he'll get beat soon enough hopefully and hopefully that'll humble him a bit smile.gif

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 17 2009, 12:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
I used to quite like this as a spectacle of outright skill and technique but I have really gone off the UFC now, the focus on the marketing side makes me sick, wrestling went the same way, just turned into a circus in the end. In the beginning they would match anyone with anyone, I remember one of the Gracie's fighting a 44 stone sumo wrestler and beating him in 60 seconds, amazing stuff. Now its just full of loudmouthed punks who think its cool to hit a guy on the floor and then snarl at the camera, big deal, I can go downtown and see that every weekend.
I used to study Muay Thai, Gung Fu and western boxing and was proud of the respect we all showed each other, even when we fought at tournaments there was always respect and we would be friends afterwards, I did a seminar with one of the Thai legends, Mungsarin (spelling!?!) and he was stamping his feet into broken glass, could jump and kick the chains of the heavy bag (seven feet in the air) from standing but showed everyone the utmost respect and humility, where's that in the UFC? Nowhere to be seen of course because it doesnt make money.
Teaching some of these braindead morons martial knowledge garnered from a thousand years of sacrifice and tradition for a commercial purpose is everything thats wrong with society today, thankfully the real martial artists out there will continue with the tradition, honour, respect and humility that should be instilled into every student before they learn any fighting form.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:20 PM