Gus G. Or Rusty Cooley
TreyDeschamp
May 7 2008, 05:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Which Guitarist do you think is better? wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
DeepRoots
May 7 2008, 06:00 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Define better....

Who is faster? More economical playing style? plays on more strings? Has more instructional videos?

Rusty for sure..

Who plays better sounding music? Who doesn't make me want to put a screwdriver to my head during a solo? Has some awesome chops and musical ideas? Has some freakin awesome riffs?

Gus for me!

----

Out of the two- i'd pick Gus G to jam with any day smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rockztar
May 7 2008, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ May 7 2008, 07:00 PM) *
Define better....

Who is faster? More economical playing style? plays on more strings? Has more instructional videos?

Rusty for sure..

Who plays better sounding music? Who doesn't make me want to put a screwdriver to my head during a solo? Has some awesome chops and musical ideas? Has some freakin awesome riffs?

Gus for me!

----

Out of the two- i'd pick Gus G to jam with any day smile.gif

agreed

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 7 2008, 07:09 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I pick both, Dont feel I have to choose smile.gif

+Quote Post
Enucleation
May 7 2008, 07:51 PM
I guess sometimes it can be fun to say who is better or worse but I think at a certain point it becomes a question of who is better at a certain thing. I can say Muhammed Suicmez is the greatest gutiarist in the death metal scene and someone could say Pat OBrien is. We may both be right...(random names that came to mind...)

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 7 2008, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Rusty is the fastest guitarist in the world, but sometimes he forget about melodies and music, but I'm sure he have a good taste, I hope He will show to us!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 7 2008, 09:36 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I think rusty has some of the coolest melodies ever, like "Under The Influence", Man that song has some of the coolest melodies ever, and the sweeping melody is so awesome.

They both play two different styles that appeal to two different senses if you will, Or at least to me they do.

+Quote Post
Duncan
May 7 2008, 09:49 PM
Gus G everyday.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 7 2008, 10:45 PM
What I mean is who do you think is more creative or melodious.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
bsamn
May 7 2008, 10:54 PM
I think that Gus G. is more conventional ( as far as the videos i have seen) by that i dont mean his melodies just an overall point of view.

Rusty Cooley on the other hand, u see for the first time and are like what the hell whether you like him or hate him,
i personally did not like him though was very amazed, but when i started to work on technique i had a new found respect for him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 7 2008, 11:03 PM
Instructor
mmm I haven't seen too much stuff from Gus but I like Rusty Cooley too much more.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 8 2008, 12:57 AM
Instructor
I would go with Gus. I cant help but find Rusty's endless stream of insanly fast notes a bit boring in the long run. It's cool the first 30 seconds or so.... smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 8 2008, 02:15 AM
thats true

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 8 2008, 02:40 AM
Well.

Rusty vs Gus . blink.gif

Rusty is clearly a more technical player.

And Gus clearly has better melodies.

But I have seen Rusty show off some great melodies.

Gus G does have the potential to play fast.

I really dont know.

I think that if I was trapped in a cave, for the rest of my life and their was one outlet in the cave, with one plug.
And I either had to listen to Gus G for the rest of my life or Rusty Cooley.

Id go with Gus G. smile.gif

Rusty is a amazing player, no doubt about that but alot of the time it seems as if he has no speed limit, and doesnt know how to slow it down and obey the law. laugh.gif Metaphorically speaking of course laugh.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 8 2008, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Gus definitely, he can make great riffs but also shred like a maniac! biggrin.gif I find Rusty's playing a little bit one-sided and boring.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
superize
May 8 2008, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I would have to say Gus G because his riffing and soloing are amazing and i dont think that i have listen to rusty that much

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 8 2008, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ May 8 2008, 12:57 AM) *
in the long run

biggrin.gif No pun intended smile.gif

His runs seem like an endless stream of notes played at ridiculous speeds. So I pick Gus G even though I'm not a huge fan, compared to Rusty Cooley I love him lol

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 8 2008, 09:28 PM
Instructor
I love both! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Canis
May 9 2008, 06:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like both as well, but I like Gus more, since I love Firewind biggrin.gif
He's one of the people that has inspired me to keep playing, while Rusty is just.. meh. He can play fast and has a lot of great tecniques, but I don't feel anything special when I watch him.

This post has been edited by Canis: May 9 2008, 06:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Dec 23 2009, 08:29 PM
Rusty for life! That guy blows my mind!

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:48 AM