Ideas For A Melodic Kind Of Song.., video i made/rage at the end
enlo22
Nov 18 2012, 11:53 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
so lately i've been listening to a band called Gates Of Ishtar lately and it influenced me to come up with this, some of the parts are based on things i've learned lately like the scales going across the fret board etc.. kept it simple and fun and i'm attempting a somewhat melodic feeling on this.. hope you enjoy and critique like always! thankss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e5UhmSq7Rc...eature=youtu.be

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2012, 09:39 AM
Instructor
I love what you did with the riffs mate and the melodies!! Very good timing until 0.43 when that lick sounds a bit off to me.

The lead part from that point on sounds a bit rigid and the articulation could be improved - bends, vibrato and such. You got the basis for playing great though, so it's just a matter of time well spent practicing and knowing yourself now smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 19 2012, 12:21 PM
Instructor
I like the angry stuff at the end.. have you been watching me ?? laugh.gif

Great riffs. I'm a big fan of that open string lick you've got going on. You can create really anthemic melodies with just single notes like this.. good job !

I can see you're trying to make your solos more melodic instead of just full of technique which is nice to see. You could do with working on your bends and vibrato more to make them stronger. I like the way you mix up straight 8th notes with triplets etc.. mixing up note values is important to make solos interesting smile.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Nov 19 2012, 06:35 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 19 2012, 11:21 AM) *
I like the angry stuff at the end.. have you been watching me ?? laugh.gif

Great riffs. I'm a big fan of that open string lick you've got going on. You can create really anthemic melodies with just single notes like this.. good job !

I can see you're trying to make your solos more melodic instead of just full of technique which is nice to see. You could do with working on your bends and vibrato more to make them stronger. I like the way you mix up straight 8th notes with triplets etc.. mixing up note values is important to make solos interesting smile.gif

haha yeah, i have seen that video on youtube of your freak out and it was hilarious, i'm glad i'm not the only one loll.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 20 2012, 08:20 AM
Instructor
You know Ben and enlo biggrin.gif The Romanian language is so expressive when it comes down to swearing and cursing, that you would probably run away terrified if you would hear what foul stuff can come out one's mouth when he/ she is cursing with passion, in a situation similar with Ben's video laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Nov 20 2012, 08:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 20 2012, 08:20 AM) *
You know Ben and enlo biggrin.gif The Romanian language is so expressive when it comes down to swearing and cursing, that you would probably run away terrified if you would hear what foul stuff can come out one's mouth when he/ she is cursing with passion, in a situation similar with Ben's video laugh.gif

Can we have a Romanian version with subtitles, please?

Anyway, enlo, I really like the introductory riff. Rhythmic AND melodic, without the unnecessary pretentiousness (showing off technique or messing with beats or scales just because). The "solo" part is great, composition-wise - as Ben indicated, it could use some tightening up and a bit of bend/vibrato control, but it has excellent choices of notes and note values.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 20 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 20 2012, 07:20 AM) *

I look forward to learning from you in person when I visit Bucharest !! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:09 AM