2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I'm On A Roll, Guys..., ...and not a positive one!
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2009, 11:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
You recall my streak of bad luck?

Flat tire -> use of old bike -> getting run down by a car -> getting fired -> Aunt's mother dying -> girlfriend about to break up with me -> tooth hurting... and then I went to the dentist.

I have to have 2 wisdom teeth removed, and fixed a hole as well as a few other things, which I don't know the terms of. It'll be about $500. No way I have that money, so now I have to sell a few things of mine.

This all started on Friday the 13th, and there's another one coming up in two days! Oh no! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 11 2009, 11:23 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Sorry to hear it mate, but good thing you still are able to chill out wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2009, 11:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
It'll hit me when my bank account hits 0. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Mar 11 2009, 11:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
Wow... Definetly not the best time of your life mellow.gif

We can only hope that this ends with the next friday 13th tongue.gif Maybe you just got all the bad luck one could have in a lifetime, within this month. You'll be flying on clouds of wealth and love the rest of your life after this ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 11 2009, 11:28 AM
Instructor
Oh man many things are going bad smile.gif Remember, from all bad things in life there must be something that turns out good. I hope you'll survuve all that and get back to the right track soon.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Mar 11 2009, 11:52 AM
Learning Roadie
phew.. thats hard on you..

hope they can pull them out though.. i had to have mine surgically removed because their roots were going under the other teeth..

Good luck though..

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2009, 11:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Mar 11 2009, 11:52 AM) *
phew.. thats hard on you..

hope they can pull them out though.. i had to have mine surgically removed because their roots were going under the other teeth..

Good luck though..

Yeah, I've heard some pretty nasty stories about removal of wisdom teeth. He told me it would be a piece of cake with mine though, because it's the top ones, they are already waaay out, because I have no lower wisdom teeth.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 11 2009, 12:06 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2009, 12:20 PM) *
This all started on Friday the 13th, and there's another one coming up in two days! Oh no! laugh.gif

Oh boy!!! Hopefully the last fri 13 was the start of a demonic period while this upcoming fri 13 will be the end of it biggrin.gif

...which means that some day you'll go into a period which will be very long sad.gif

Hope things turn to the better for you asap

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Mar 11 2009, 12:07 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2009, 10:54 AM) *
Yeah, I've heard some pretty nasty stories about removal of wisdom teeth. He told me it would be a piece of cake with mine though, because it's the top ones, they are already waaay out, because I have no lower wisdom teeth.

You should be ok I had my top wisdom teeth out a few years back as there where no lower wisdom teeth. Took a matter of minutes to extact them in two visits.

Hope things turn around for you from now on smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 11 2009, 12:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Mar 11 2009, 10:52 AM) *
i had to have mine surgically removed because their roots were going under the other teeth..

yup mine too! wasnt a very pleasant experience at all!

I hope yours will be nice easy out before you know it ones! smile.gif

Having some bad luck recently mate, keep positive, things can only get better! just hang in there smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 11 2009, 03:14 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2009, 11:20 AM) *
Flat tire -> use of old bike -> getting run down by a car -> getting fired -> Aunt's mother dying -> girlfriend about to break up with me -> tooth hurting... and then I went to the dentist.

You're definitely on a spree. Good thing statistically talking is once all this mess ends you should be fine for 7 or 8 happy years. I bet next fridday 13th will be the end of this cycle. Now, make sure you stay somewhere safe til the day arrives laugh.gif

Good luck Cae.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Mar 11 2009, 04:52 PM
GMC:er
If it helps at all, my dad just had surgery for a hernia and he can barely walk right now let aloe other 'uncomfortabilities..?" so t can get worse than wisdom teeth.

I'm sure things will eventually have to look up for you, hang in there!

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 05:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
You never know with extractions if they are gonna be easy or difficult. Usually upper wisdom teeth are a piece of cake. smile.gif

I could tell you some horror stories though......but I won't. smile.gif

Don't sweat it Ben ususally it takes me longer to numb the patient up than to get the tooth out. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 11 2009, 05:31 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
You are going through a quite difficult period in your life, which is terrible. But hang on, try to think in opportunities/challenges instead of problems and you should be able to climb out of this in due time!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 11 2009, 05:34 PM
Instructor
Man, that is really bad luck!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Boson
Mar 11 2009, 05:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sounds like you should be the subject of the next GMC cartoon!

Doesnt life suck sometimes wink.gif

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2009, 07:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Boson @ Mar 11 2009, 05:40 PM) *
Sounds like you should be the subject of the next GMC cartoon!

Doesnt life suck sometimes wink.gif

I bet ya my guitar breaks its' neck next time. wink.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 11 2009, 05:25 PM) *
You never know with extractions if they are gonna be easy or difficult. Usually upper wisdom teeth are a piece of cake. smile.gif

I could tell you some horror stories though......but I won't. smile.gif

Don't sweat it Ben ususally it takes me longer to numb the patient up than to get the tooth out. tongue.gif

Hey.

Yeah, he told me the upper ones usually wouldn't be any problem. I can't remember if I wrote this before (just work up from a 4 hour nap! laugh.gif ), but I only have my two upper wisdom teeth as the lower ones don't exist at all, so the upper ones just keeping growing. It doesn't bother me AT ALL now, but my dentist said it probably would in 5-10 years time.

Now, I have another problem for ya though, which he couldn't quite put his finger on. Every time I drink something cold it hurts 'round the lower sider of a tooth in the right side of my mouth. It comes and goes and leaves for a week, then comes back for half a day etc. There's nothing now, and he couldn't see anything. It only hurts when something cold, or tooth-pasty hits that spot. Any idea what that could be? laugh.gif My dad always tells me that if he has a hole in the right side of his mouth it hurts in his left side. Is there any truth in that, as the hole I have is in the upper left side? tongue.gif

Oh, and please don't charge anything for answering my questions, Monte! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Mar 11 2009, 06:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 07:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2009, 07:07 PM) *
I bet ya my guitar breaks its' neck next time. wink.gif

Hey.

Yeah, he told me the upper ones usually wouldn't be any problem. I can't remember if I wrote this before (just work up from a 4 hour nap! laugh.gif ), but I only have my two upper wisdom teeth as the lower ones don't exist at all, so the upper ones just keeping growing. It doesn't bother me AT ALL now, but my dentist said it probably would in 5-10 years time.

Now, I have another problem for ya though, which he couldn't quite put his finger on. Every time I drink something cold it hurts 'round the lower sider of a tooth in the right side of my mouth. It comes and goes and leaves for a week, then comes back for half a day etc. There's nothing now, and he couldn't see anything. It only hurts when something cold, or tooth-pasty hits that spot. Any idea what that could be? laugh.gif My dad always tells me that if he has a hole in the right side of his mouth it hurts in his left side. Is there any truth in that, as the hole I have is in the upper left side? tongue.gif

Oh, and please don't charge anything for answering my questions, Monte! laugh.gif

Your Dad is talking about referred pain.....Almost never crosses the midline though. So your lower right molar could be causing pain but you could feel the pain on your upper right side.

Sounds like you have a tooth on the right side of your mouth that is either cracked or has a leaky filling. Sounds like the nerve might be dying as well if you are getting sensitvity to cold. If the symptoms become such that it starts hurting spontaneously and waking you up in the middle of the night etc., then your nerve is dying and the nerve needs removed. You do this by either doing a Root canal....which means you can keep the tooth.....or an extraction.

Send me your address so I can send you a billing statement!! laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2009, 08:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Haha. Yeah, I wouldn't think that it could cross that midline.

I don't think it's a leaky filling, if that means a filling from a filling of a hole (that's a lot of filling, there!), as I have not have any holes yet. I've read about dying nerves, as I did a search on the thing. Sounds like what is happening, though it's not waking me up at night at all.

Thanks, internet-dentist!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Mar 11 2009, 08:17 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Haha. Yeah, I wouldn't think that it could cross that midline.

I don't think it's a leaky filling, if that means a filling from a filling of a hole (that's a lot of filling, there!), as I have not have any holes yet. I've read about dying nerves, as I did a search on the thing. Sounds like what is happening, though it's not waking me up at night at all.

Thanks, internet-dentist!

I always thought it was when you're enamel wore off that you started getting sensitive teeth. I don't know anything about denstistry though so ignore me.

Anyway when you're through this rough patch of your life you'll be a stronger person because of it. Just keep positive. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:39 PM