Etude No. 1 - In Style Of Flash Of The Blade
Victor Simion
Dec 10 2019, 07:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I created and played the following etude in the style of Iron Maiden - Flash of the Blade

I play it at different speeds as you can see in the video https://youtu.be/RL74FCPSbYI

I also put the version that was no edited, as you can hear just the audio that was recorded by my cam (expect low quality), I did this just to get a better idea of my playing, just to be sure I did not mess up the tempo or something by doing video and audio editing.

Next I am going to share with you the guitar pro file and the backing tracks as different speeds.

Have fun and let me know what you think and what I should improve!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Etude_in_style_of_Flash_of_the_Blade.gp5 ( 7.54K ) Number of downloads: 73
Attached File  Etude_no.1___Style_Flash_of_the_Blade___60BPM.wav ( 10.44MB ) Number of downloads: 119
Attached File  Etude_no.1___Style_Flash_of_the_Blade___80BPM.mp3 ( 743.42K ) Number of downloads: 81
Attached File  Etude_in_style_of_Flash_of_the_Blade___100BPM.mp3 ( 610.36K ) Number of downloads: 66

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2019, 02:30 AM
GMC:er
Very cool composition! Congrats there smile.gif I like it! The video is usually more helpful than just the audio file as it's always good to be able to see what the hands are doing. After watching the vid the first thing that jumped out at me was that your timing seems off just a bit. Your pick strikes are not quite synched up to the cymbal hits for example. So the first thing I'd say to work on would be your timing. There are many ways to do this but one way that has worked for me is simply using a metronome to make sure I'm picking on the beat or the off beat depending on what I"m going for.

It's something worth doing as it will impact all of your playing. Timing is crucial. It can be a pinch tedious working with a metronome but also can be satisfying to get to a place where one can match beat synch with a pick strike. We work a lot on picking and on timing in my Shred Bootcamp so shoot me a personal message if you would like to give it a go!

Todd
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Dec 10 2019, 02:14 PM) *
Hi,

I created and played the following etude in the style of Iron Maiden - Flash of the Blade

I play it at different speeds as you can see in the video https://youtu.be/RL74FCPSbYI

I also put the version that was no edited, as you can hear just the audio that was recorded by my cam (expect low quality), I did this just to get a better idea of my playing, just to be sure I did not mess up the tempo or something by doing video and audio editing.

Next I am going to share with you the guitar pro file and the backing tracks as different speeds.

Have fun and let me know what you think and what I should improve!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Dec 11 2019, 12:43 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 11 2019, 01:30 AM) *
Very cool composition! Congrats there smile.gif I like it! The video is usually more helpful than just the audio file as it's always good to be able to see what the hands are doing. After watching the vid the first thing that jumped out at me was that your timing seems off just a bit. Your pick strikes are not quite synched up to the cymbal hits for example. So the first thing I'd say to work on would be your timing. There are many ways to do this but one way that has worked for me is simply using a metronome to make sure I'm picking on the beat or the off beat depending on what I"m going for.

It's something worth doing as it will impact all of your playing. Timing is crucial. It can be a pinch tedious working with a metronome but also can be satisfying to get to a place where one can match beat synch with a pick strike. We work a lot on picking and on timing in my Shred Bootcamp so shoot me a personal message if you would like to give it a go!

Todd

Hi Todd,

And thank you for your message.
I play this etude at 100BPM, I feel that after I pass 100BPM I start having hand sync issues.
About my timing, I practice a lot with and without metronome and still it's not there, I don't know why.
I was hoping that my timing issue could be related to the fact that I did not put the audio synced with my backing track, not sure, that's why I posted also the version where is no editing.

Not sure which is the best way I should practice, below 100 BPM, or above and how much should I stay at a certain speed?

One of my main goals is to play at 200BPM, on time, and in sync.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:28 AM