Guitar jamming only (lots of guitar solos) [ 3 ] ** [37.50%]
Guitar jamming, but still song oriented [ 5 ] ** [62.50%]
Song oriented only (no long solos at all) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 2 2021, 07:17 AM
GMC Founder
I am really digging the fact that we have some very "listenable" tunes in the GMC radio. I just keep rotating our playlist 😍

However our tastes are obviously different. So please vote in this poll - and if you have any ideas what you would like to do for the next collab let us know here!

Especially if you have never participated in a collab before - we are listening to you! Collabs are the best way to make progress, even if you just end up submitting one single lick.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 2 2021, 09:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I seriously can't decide Kris, I like them all. I know I didn't have much input on the "All 'bout The Song" collab but that was was very busy and I felt like there was no room for more laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2021, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Where is the "all of the above" option??? laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 2 2021, 08:25 PM
GMC:er
My vote is for "guitar jamming, but still song oriented".

*Another option could be to write a complete backing track (2 or 3 mins. long) and anybody and everybody who wants to jam over it can approach it however they want and then post their own finished product.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 2 2021, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 2 2021, 08:46 PM
Voted "Guitar jamming only" by mistake and can't take it back laugh.gif

Having a song structure is great but would prefer the vocal element to me more of a surprise or sauce of the food factor.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jun 2 2021, 08:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 2 2021, 09:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'd like to see "lots of solos" like in the old days of collabs. Not permanently of course, but just for a change, as we've been doing quite a lot of song stuff lately.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2021, 02:41 AM
Brilliant!! Well said and I hope we go this way!!! We can do both! Work on a group oriented song with vocals and still have killer solos in it, maybe just a few bars each of the best bits as picked by Gabe. Then have full on go for it versions for each person if they want. These could be put together as well as a separate more instrumental version of the song.

Todd

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 2 2021, 03:25 PM) *
My vote is for "guitar jamming, but still song oriented".

*Another option could be to write a complete backing track (2 or 3 mins. long) and anybody and everybody who wants to jam over it can approach it however they want and then post their own finished product.

I'm with you on that smile.gif I love "song stuff" but I also love having lots of killer solos!!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 2 2021, 04:11 PM) *
I'd like to see "lots of solos" like in the old days of collabs. Not permanently of course, but just for a change, as we've been doing quite a lot of song stuff lately.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 3 2021, 02:40 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 3 2021, 08:31 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 2 2021, 10:11 PM) *

Yes, I also feels it's time for this kind of collab!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 2 2021, 09:25 PM) *

This is a very cool idea. I think to make it manageable maybe the backing track would be like a ~1 minute "micro tune". After all just mixing and mastering one single of those can be quite a challenge.

I do think the idea is worth pursuing, as it would allow each participant to get their "own" song/mix at the end. We have never tested this before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 3 2021, 04:57 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 3 2021, 12:31 AM) *
I think to make it manageable maybe the backing track would be like a ~1 minute "micro tune". After all just mixing and mastering one single of those can be quite a challenge.

You're right, 1 minute is probably better.
*I would like to have the option of doing my own mix and master as I need the practice in that area.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 4 2021, 07:20 PM
Ha, ha!
Guitar players wink.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2021, 03:33 AM
I know right? ohmy.gif)

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 4 2021, 02:20 PM) *
Ha, ha!
Guitar players wink.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 5 2021, 10:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like the jamming with structure. I am wondering if the track is in a certain key and then the instructors show their evolution how to take it into a different key as a teaching . It is so much more beneficial to hear a key change with an explanation than having just an explanation

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jun 5 2021, 10:33 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:47 PM