4p1 On The Low E String
timbo81
Aug 9 2007, 01:13 PM
GMC:er
So i've been practicing pull offs but am finding trying to do a pull of pretty much impossible in that position. I wasn't blessed with long pinkies so is it gradually going to stretch.

I know it's probably the most stretching you will ever do on a guitar due to the fret widths but I figure I might as well start off on the hard stuff

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by timbo81: Aug 9 2007, 01:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 9 2007, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Practice pinky as much as you can - using pinky is a very useful ability! The earlier you start doing it - the better! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 9 2007, 02:14 PM
Just stick to it dude. I dont think hand size matters very much because I have small hands and I can do a 5p1 quite comfortably. Just keep working hard at it. Also something I found that helped me to develope more flexible hands was to occasionally just put my fingers in a position which stretchs them alot and just hold that position for a couple of minutes.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 9 2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah dude
Just make it a goal to practice reaches and using your pinky.I will be honest if you never are able to use your pinky there will be all kinds of guitar parts you just wont be able to do and that would be a shame.Just remember if you want it bad enough and put the work into it you will get it. smile.gif

Shredmandan

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 9 2007, 07:20 PM
QUOTE (timbo81 @ Aug 9 2007, 06:13 AM) *
So i've been practicing pull offs but am finding trying to do a pull of pretty much impossible in that position. I wasn't blessed with long pinkies so is it gradually going to stretch.

I know it's probably the most stretching you will ever do on a guitar due to the fret widths but I figure I might as well start off on the hard stuff

i would advice to use your pinky so you can start gaining Pinky Strength ASAP. But the finger next to the pinky, i only use pinky when the distance requires so. But practice pinky dude! The sooner the better!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:51 AM