Ibanez Anniversary New Jcraft Axe
Todd Simpson
Sep 24 2016, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
For an upcoming anniversary of the Jcraft Ibanez (hand made in Japan) they are putting out this guy. I want one smile.gif Probably costs more than a small car though.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 24 2016, 11:22 PM
ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 25 2016, 12:11 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That is sweeeeeeet smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 25 2016, 10:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Even though my head tells me I do not need another guitar, and I have more than enough for what I do and want to do in the future. My heart still really really really wants an RG, and this picture doesn't help quell that GAS

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 25 2016, 02:37 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 25 2016, 12:09 AM) *
Probably costs more than a small car though.

...and it's probably faster wink.gif

No seriously, it looks great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2016, 06:38 PM
It really is a killer looking axe smile.gif That finish, that neck, the whole package. I can't help but want one smile.gif It's sorta driving me up a wall as I sorta promised myself long ago that I wouldn't buy guitars that my students couldn't afford, which is my most of my guitars run around $300.. I'll probably wait till I see one on the used market which could be a while as they are being released in Japan only it seems. I hope that's wrong though smile.gif

Speaking of cheap guitars, I recently got a very spiff RGT42MDX neck through body white on white that I restored a bit and got back to fighting shape and I recently sold it as I wanted it to go back out in the world and make some other ibby nut happy smile.gif I'll use the proceeds to find another ibby "Rescue". it's become my favorite hobby smile.gif

She really is a sweet axe and she is not young. 2009, but restored to play as well as she did when built. I'll miss her smile.gif She is going to a good home in Kansas.
Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 25 2016, 09:37 AM) *
...and it's probably faster wink.gif

No seriously, it looks great!

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 26 2016, 12:39 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'd take this rg8570 instead any day of the week cool.gif

Though I must admit they are similar!

This post has been edited by Fran: Sep 26 2016, 12:41 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 26 2016, 01:54 PM
Not only the looks but such guitars are definitly built to last forever. Almost after 20 years I got a cheapo jackson for practice 6 months ago, imagine how much I played my guitar and feel it can still go for another 20 years with minimum maintenence smile.gif

So yeah once one gets one of these (and if the spec.s fit right for the player) he/she won't need another guitar for a very long time smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2016, 05:24 AM
Saaaweeeeet smile.gif Flamed Purple Maple. Nice. Yeah, they are sorta similar, the stain on the top wood seems to be the big diff. I like em both smile.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ Sep 26 2016, 07:39 AM) *
I'd take this rg8570 instead any day of the week cool.gif

Though I must admit they are similar!

Well said smile.gif A good guitar can last 20 years or more. My RG560 was built around 1989, so it's bording on "Vintage" at this point smile.gif Still plays well. My RG7620 is almost as old, and still plays like a dream. You just gotta pick a guitar that was put together by humans as much as possible IMHO and finished by humans as much as possible. The guitars I've had that were more machine builds, were simply unpredictable. Sometimes they would stay in tune, sometimes not, sometimes you could hit pinch harmonics, sometimes not, but the Made in Japan ibbys, even the old ones, are still killer guitars 20 plus years later.

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 26 2016, 08:54 AM) *
Not only the looks but such guitars are definitly built to last forever. Almost after 20 years I got a cheapo jackson for practice 6 months ago, imagine how much I played my guitar and feel it can still go for another 20 years with minimum maintenence smile.gif

So yeah once one gets one of these (and if the spec.s fit right for the player) he/she won't need another guitar for a very long time smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 10 2016, 09:55 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm amazed that so many Ibanez RGs from the 80's AREN'T suffering with warped necks considering how thin they are. It really is a testament to Ibanez

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2016, 01:05 PM
Very true smile.gif To be fair, I've seen quite a few that folks put 10 gauge strings on, and dive bombed a bunch, then bam, the neck would twist a bit. They fixed that these days by using titanium support rods smile.gif
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 10 2016, 04:55 AM) *
I'm amazed that so many Ibanez RGs from the 80's AREN'T suffering with warped necks considering how thin they are. It really is a testament to Ibanez

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:20 PM