Mtp December Thread - Mickem
Luciana Segovia
Dec 7 2009, 03:36 AM
Singing Instructor
Hello MickeM! Welcome to the vocal MTP of december!!!

Please post here your CV:

tell me if you have ever sung, if you know something about vocal technique and please also post your influences and favorite music.

ps: if you have any video or audio of you singing... please post it too .

Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Luciana Segovia: Dec 7 2009, 03:43 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 7 2009, 08:46 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Hello Luciana,

I'm glad to be here, singing has always been a weakness on my end so it's a great opportunity for me to get started. Something I know I'm lousy at and I always thought there's no room for improvement. Let's see if there's any hope for me wink.gif

About technique. A steady diaframe and let the sound form in the roomy space of your moutch/throat and not in the front end of your mouth. Something like that?

The only occacion where I have been singing was during a gig me and my friend had at "hot shot" bar in Chania, Creete/Greece. Me and my buddy on one guitar each and he was singing. All the backing on mini disk. Two weeks and I had one song to perform each night, "You're my heart, you're my soul" - Modern Talking. My friends demand since he wanted to rest his voice for one song. I didn't want to sing at all but I game him that. One song only, how bad could it get?
This was around 98-99 when they had their big revival and I sang it once and was requested to sing it 1-2 times more per evening. dry.gif
Pulled it off though, wasn't comfortable about it though.
But all in all, I havn't sung a lot, on teh contrary it's something I try to avoid huh.gif

I think singing would help me a lot in my music creativity. Perhaps I can also do backing vocals in our band.

My favourite music stretch from vintage rock, Led Zeppelin, old ZZ top, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, most of the 80's hard rock and metal, Dream Theater, Sun Caged and other progressive stuff, some modern metal bands and rock bands aswell.

Plant is a great vocalist, John Fogerty, Neil Young. Ozzy has great character in his voice, one of a kind. And I'd gladly have Ronnie James Dio sing in my band. And Clapton for that matter. Add some more rock vocalists, not always the better schooled ones but rock n roll.

I don't have a wide registry, rather to sing i A or D and don't spin off too much from there. And quite muffled voice,not so clean and clear

Sorry to say I don't have anything recorded of my singing, and atm I have a cold and sore throat so I can't come up with anything today.

Anyway, looking forward to get started smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Dec 9 2009, 04:48 AM
Singing Instructor
Hi MickeM!

I'm so sorry you are ill. sad.gif Cause I would need to listen to you somehow to know what is you assignment for this week. Please, let me know when you get better... or maybe you can do 2 differents assignment the next week. Tell me what you think. unsure.gif

Well, about your influences, i noticed that you like the high register. When I could listen to you, we will see if i you have a similar register.
wink.gif

Let me know he you feel better... rolleyes.gif

cheers!

This post has been edited by Luciana Segovia: Dec 10 2009, 04:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 12 2009, 06:47 PM
I recorded something today. My sore throat wasn't affecting my register or voice so it's an ok take.

The original runs in C but I had to perform it in A or the high notes would be way out of my reach. I think I hit the scieling with a few notes here, can't go any higher.

Jogn Fogerty, have you ever seen the rain Attached File  Have_you_ever_seen_the_rain.mp3 ( 3.54MB ) Number of downloads: 258

Hopefully we'll have plenty of stuff to work with after this biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Dec 16 2009, 05:48 AM
Singing Instructor
MickeM!!!!

It's awsome that you can post a song at last!! wink.gif Great!...

You know the pitches of the song, but i heard like it costs you a lot that your voice respond to you. Your voice needs to train a lot, to feel confortables the notes and the singing. Does it take you a lot of effort singing? dont you feel that? or maybe is because you have a sore throat?

here is your first assignment, WARM UP : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson1/

When you do this exercise, you have to try to put down your Larynx, like when you suppress a yawn. Your mouth is close but everything inside is open.. right? That's the "M" I want in this exercise.

and your second assinment: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson2/

Be careful, Im a girl so my pitch is an octave higher than you, ok? Always practice an octave lower than me.

about practice: routine is good. I always prefer 10 minutes per day than an hour only one day.. ok?. practice this and if you can, i need to film yourself showing me your face and your neck. I have to see if your adam apple goes down while you are doing this exercise.
and try to post those videos as soon as possible.

If you have doubts, feel free to ask me EVERYTHING you want WHENEVER you want.

cheers! and good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Dec 19 2009, 06:34 PM
Singing Instructor
Hi MickeM!

How is your trainning??

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 19 2009, 06:55 PM
QUOTE (Luciana Segovia @ Dec 16 2009, 05:48 AM) *
You know the pitches of the song, but i heard like it costs you a lot that your voice respond to you. Your voice needs to train a lot, to feel confortables the notes and the singing. Does it take you a lot of effort singing? dont you feel that? or maybe is because you have a sore throat?

It cost me a lot of effort, not becuase of my sore throat but because I sing badly. Yes, I belive it takes a lot of training.

here is your first assignment, WARM UP : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson1/

When you do this exercise, you have to try to put down your Larynx, like when you suppress a yawn. Your mouth is close but everything inside is open.. right? That's the "M" I want in this exercise.

I think I know how you mean. It's a bit difficuly though, I have to keep it in mind all the time. Like anything else, with practice it'll feel normal.

Havn't got to this one yet

Be careful, Im a girl so my pitch is an octave higher than you, ok? Always practice an octave lower than me.

That won't be a problem, I can't reach up to your tones biggrin.gif

about practice: routine is good. I always prefer 10 minutes per day than an hour only one day.. ok?. practice this and if you can, i need to film yourself showing me your face and your neck. I have to see if your adam apple goes down while you are doing this exercise.
and try to post those videos as soon as possible.

If you have doubts, feel free to ask me EVERYTHING you want WHENEVER you want.

cheers! and good luck!

10 minutes a day, or ever shorter sessions spread out over the day several times suits me fine. Good plan! smile.gif

QUOTE (Luciana Segovia @ Dec 19 2009, 06:34 PM) *
Hi MickeM!

How is your trainning??

Not practicing as much as I should. Will slap myself around for a bit. Seriously, we've been way too busy with our toy store now before christmas. Had your lessons playing, thinking I could practice while the store was empty, but when a customer stepped in I was unable to kill the sound or stop the ma-ma-ma-ma-ma so that became a strange moment when I got a wierd glare from the person who just stepped in.
Monday my wife is back from traveling and I will have a lot more time at hand for own-time. So that's when I know I will be able to get busy with this and make the video you requested.

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jan 9 2010, 07:24 PM
Singing Instructor
Hi Mickem.. Did you recieve the backing tracks I sent to you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 13 2010, 10:13 AM
QUOTE (Luciana Segovia @ Jan 9 2010, 07:24 PM) *
Hi Mickem.. Did you recieve the backing tracks I sent to you?

Yes I did thank you! Burning my CD for the car as we speak smile.gif

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jan 16 2010, 09:16 PM
Singing Instructor
MicheM, I don't know if you know this, but you have to record a video or an audio with your assignments....So I can give you my feedback of your performing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 19 2010, 02:40 PM
assignment 1
Attached File  20100117007.mpg ( 10.11MB ) Number of downloads: 212

assignemnet 2 coming up

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jan 20 2010, 07:24 AM
Singing Instructor
Hi MickeM!!!

Im so happy you return !

Well, your first assignment is good, It was weird to see you doing while driving, it was so funny!
But I think it helps to let you sing more relax, because you was doing another thing at the same time. Great!!!

Your voice was great, I prefer the method of learning to sing in that way, than the perfect pitch always with squeezing your throat. God job!!!

I`ll be waiting the second assignment!

Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 20 2010, 04:51 PM
QUOTE (Luciana Segovia @ Jan 20 2010, 07:24 AM) *
Well, your first assignment is good, It was weird to see you doing while driving, it was so funny!
But I think it helps to let you sing more relax, because you was doing another thing at the same time. Great!!!

the car is my professional studio biggrin.gif
It works for me, noone disturbs me there smile.gif

Recoded my other assignment there too. Or actually, this is the first assignment, with the MMMM sound and larnyx.
So the other that I posted yesterday is the second assignment. I had them mixed up.

first assignment: Attached File  20100120019.mp4 ( 11.77MB ) Number of downloads: 165

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Feb 15 2010, 09:28 PM
Singing Instructor
Mike! Im waiting you second assignment! that's why I dond't answer your mtp! you have to rewiew my lesson number 2, that was your second assignmet....

I'm sorry the Misunderstanding but I was waiting for you...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:22 PM