Ibanez 570dxqm - Purchase , Upgrade, Hi Folks, I want to buy and upgrade a Ibanez S570DXQM - BBB
SteveGuitar
Aug 6 2013, 05:20 PM
GMC:er
Greetings GMC Folks,

I am looking forward to buying an Ibanez S570DXQM - BBB. Reason why I want this guitar is that I went to the Ibanez Rack where the Jems and other Guitars were hanging and not even looking at the Price, I took it directly to the testing room. I was amazed that such a thin Body had such sustain and the sound was just awesome (tried on a Hughes and Kettner Amp, think it's a 400$ Amp). Then I looked at the Price which was about like... 620$. I expected way more ohmy.gif . Well the moment I had it in my Hand it was just great , it plays well , it feels nice, the cutaway is awesome, i couldnt find anything that I could call bad on this Guitar (except that it is REALLY thin and sometimes feels kind of strange because it's so light weight) wink.gif .

Well now to the Pickups cool.gif . The Stock Pickups aren't that great for some Styles of Music I play. For Example the Blues. They get kind of Fuzzy and somehow sound dirty and too fuzzed. I've tried playing on other Amps (always trying out new settings) but the same thing until I switch to other Guitars with "quality" Pickups. That's why I'd like to swap the infinity Pickups to a custom configuration [HSH system]. I talked with a cool guy at my local Music Store and read in the Forums, tried a few "live", and I really like DiMarzio Pickups. Ithought about an Evo 2 in Bridge Position, and a PAF Joe in Neck. Now I have no Idea what Pickup I would put in the middle, single coil format position. Anybody an Idea of what I can put in there? rolleyes.gif And then a more important question: Does Anyone own this Guitar and might want to warn me of some bad Features, because suprisingly I have only heard good things about the Guitar itself. dry.gif Has anybody got experience with changing Pickups on that Guitar?

Another Thing: I was thinking about scalloping the 21st - 24th fret. I like the accessbility when it's a bit easier to do clean bends and vibrato on those . Good Idea ? Bad Idea?

Well Forum , do your Magic, thank you in Advance biggrin.gif

Post Scriptum: Excuse my English , I'm from Germany ohmy.gif dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:31 AM