Branching Out, to new genres
Pantalaimon
Jul 1 2007, 09:05 PM
GMC:er
So...

this site, though wonderful and comprehensive in what it does offer, doesn't touch on many great genres of music (to name a few: Ambient, Indie, Funk, pop-punk).

Now, granted I may be pretty ignorant of the ways of the guitar in comparison to the majority of you, but I think that lessons in these genres could teach a lot. Ambient music in the style of Explosions in the Sky would be a great way to teach music theory and scales/modes to beginners or advanced guitarists. An indie lesson would be great for barre chords, triads, picking technique, etc. Pop-punk would be a perfect genre for beginner lessons on power chords and simple riffs (in the style of Sum 41 or Blink 182 etc.)

Funk is just fun. smile.gif

That's not even mentioning the many other genres that are not really addressed on this site. Now, I'm not saying that metal and neoclassical are bad, they just kinda dominate the site (though I will also admit that they are very good for teaching technique).

any thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:56 PM