Fans Out Of Control...
Gabriel Leopardi
May 9 2014, 06:52 PM
Instructor
If you go to the first minute of this video you will see how things clearly got out of hand as a mob of fans began to fight with security to get closer to Morrissey.

The hall / security is not prepared for a show like this one... have you ever seen something like this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 9 2014, 08:50 PM
GMC:er
Wow, that got a bit out of hand (though it is a constant occurence at most Morrissey shows).

*The guitar player playing the Starcaster on the right, is very good friend of mine (Jesse Tobias). I need to ask him what happened.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: May 9 2014, 08:52 PM

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 9 2014, 11:46 PM
Sometimes you just gotta hug Morrissey. . . smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 10 2014, 11:24 AM
Instructor
I've never seen anything like it in real life but there's loads of examples of this kind of thing happening. From the perspective of the performers and the security / crew they haven't got an idea if someone is a threat or not so they have to treat everyone as if they are a potential threat.. you just can't take the risk.

Most times the fans are just over excited and it's all ok... but have you guys ever thought about this:

Sanity is something that we assume other people have... we kind of take it for granted that other human beings that we encounter are sane. But when you think about it, that's an assumption that can actually cost us dearly at the wrong time. A bit dark and serious I know but very appropriate in this situation. An artist on stage seeing a grinning fan running toward them is gambling on the side that the fan is a normal being who wishes them no harm. This is an assumption. Really, nobody should be able to get that far without coming up against a barrel chested security guard ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2014, 04:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 10 2014, 07:24 AM) *
I've never seen anything like it in real life but there's loads of examples of this kind of thing happening. From the perspective of the performers and the security / crew they haven't got an idea if someone is a threat or not so they have to treat everyone as if they are a potential threat.. you just can't take the risk.

Most times the fans are just over excited and it's all ok... but have you guys ever thought about this:

Sanity is something that we assume other people have... we kind of take it for granted that other human beings that we encounter are sane. But when you think about it, that's an assumption that can actually cost us dearly at the wrong time. A bit dark and serious I know but very appropriate in this situation. An artist on stage seeing a grinning fan running toward them is gambling on the side that the fan is a normal being who wishes them no harm. This is an assumption. Really, nobody should be able to get that far without coming up against a barrel chested security guard ! smile.gif

For any reason, your post made me thing in Dimebag Darrell tragedy. You never know who and how is the fan running like crazy trying to catch the musician on stage...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 11 2014, 05:10 AM
man, just terrible. I think Morrissey does a decent job of seeming sincere in wanting to connect with his fans, but you bring up a good point.

John Lennon is another example of crazy fans doing. . . well . . .crazy things.

I can't think of any other examples like that, but I'm sure there's plenty.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 10 2014, 03:48 PM) *
For any reason, your post made me thing in Dimebag Darrell tragedy. You never know who and how is the fan running like crazy trying to catch the musician on stage...

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:02 PM