Mcabinet
Mertay
Jul 14 2019, 12:46 AM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAQlWwG_Eo&

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 17 2019, 12:39 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2019, 01:12 AM
One handy thing about the THU version of overloud is that is does IR supportand imports full rigs sorta like a kemper and will let you change the powertubes in your power amp like BIAS. It's the all in one solution that does pretty much everything and sounds killer as a bonus. I have tried to build signal chains using different plugins for fx, amp, cab,
etc and it always feels a bit like a kludge. Also, it's tough to transfer to another machine unless it has all the same plugins. With something like THU, all the bits are there in on package so one preset can travel to a new machine that also has THU and bam. Done!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 13 2019, 07:46 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 17 2019, 09:02 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 17 2019, 12:12 AM) *

Replied to wrong topic? This (Mcabinet) is actually something quite different, very unique too.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 17 2019, 09:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2019, 04:11 AM
I did mean to reply here wink.gif oh yea the mcabinet is a very different thing. It's about cabs. The overloud product sorta includes that functionality inside the suite. With the RIG MODELS feature, it captures actual cabinets with actual amp heads and saves it to a preset file. It will also let you load custom IR and then You can go in and move mics around and tweak any IR that you've loaded with the built in tools. It looks like Mccabinet takes IR tweaking to a much deeper level to be sure. I don't need that much granular control to be honest but I'm sure there are wads of folks who do. Many folks build 10 plugins (amp/fx/cabsim/etc.) just to get a guitar tone in their daw. I gave that up long ago once I found overloud. But then again it takes all kinds smile.gif
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 17 2019, 04:02 AM) *
Replied to wrong topic? This (Mcabinet) is actually something quite different, very unique too.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 18 2019, 04:13 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 18 2019, 01:48 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 18 2019, 03:11 AM) *

I asked cause if I remember correct THD does give the option to mess around with its poweramp sim. (change tubes, drive etc.), a nice way for someone interested to hear what the powersection adds to the tone.

The Mcabinet is something new which excites me, its sort of rare actually seeing a new tech. despite all the products released almost everyday. Converting to an eq response, tweak, then saving it back as ir (with any resolution needed) has almost endless potential.

Its for guys who doesn't want to sweep endless library's of ir's (in stereo too). They can save those ir's to their processors and emulate part of the Helix workflow too (take recording sound to stage).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 19 2019, 02:38 AM
Yeah the new THU lets you dig in to the power section of the amp and swap tubes and such. It's the first time overloud has added that feature so I'm glad they did smile.gif It's not anywhere close to as granular control as mccabinet thought. I see what you mean on tweaking it, you can tweak an ir instead of just going through a million of them to find the right one which is handy!
This is a video about the AMP TWEAK section of THU which lets you pick tubes and gives you a VARIAC knob you can twist. This increases how hard the tubes get driven and creates a pinch more drive, compression, and alters the EQ as it changes. It's a lot of settings just goverened by one big knob. Some follks hate that of course and want a knob for each. Im glad it's just the single knob to be honest and i've got enough knobs to tweak in a given patch.
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 18 2019, 08:48 AM) *
I asked cause if I remember correct THD does give the option to mess around with its poweramp sim. (change tubes, drive etc.), a nice way for someone interested to hear what the powersection adds to the tone.

The Mcabinet is something new which excites me, its sort of rare actually seeing a new tech. despite all the products released almost everyday. Converting to an eq response, tweak, then saving it back as ir (with any resolution needed) has almost endless potential.

Its for guys who doesn't want to sweep endless library's of ir's (in stereo too). They can save those ir's to their processors and emulate part of the Helix workflow too (take recording sound to stage).

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 19 2019, 02:50 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:57 PM