> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 27 2020, 09:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! Welcome!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 27 2020, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 27 2020, 08:10 PM) *
Hi Claudio! Welcome!

Hi,

have not tried rhythmic lessons, but happy to work on the

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funk-Workout/, sound like a good project to test a bit my rythm

glad you also think the Santana lesson is a good one for me

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Santana-Europa-Part-1/ lesson

I think these 2 should keep me going for a little bit (and off course the Blues Licks!!)

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 27 2020, 11:40 PM
Instructor
Excellent!! Let's go for them. I'm curious about the funk one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 30 2020, 06:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel,

ok did the first 2 Funky exercises today, it seems alright. I quite like this lesson, nice workout.

What you think? so far so good?

yes I had to dust off the Strat for the Funk... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 27 2020, 10:40 PM) *
Excellent!! Let's go for them. I'm curious about the funk one.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2020, 07:24 PM
Instructor
Excellent!! Nice Strat mate! smile.gif

Based on this takes, I can say that your rhythm issue is more related to lead guitar. I think that these patterns sound good but there is still room to get more from that Stephane's lesson.

- Timing: Notice that you are playing a bit before the beat. Stephane plays totally tight. As this is a rhythm exercise, that's what I recommend you trying to do.

- Dynamics: I can heat that you are playing all strums with the same intensity. Listen carefully to the original lesson and see how the muted strumming is software, and there is also an overall 16th notes feel (which means that the first of each group of 4 notes is slightly accentuated). The second pattern sounds a bit better in this sense.

Let me know if you have any question!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 30 2020, 10:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the quick reply,
Sounds good and yeah didn’t quit get the dynamic thanks for spotting it, will pay more attention to that. Super

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 30 2020, 06:24 PM) *
Excellent!! Nice Strat mate! smile.gif

Based on this takes, I can say that your rhythm issue is more related to lead guitar. I think that these patterns sound good but there is still room to get more from that Stephane's lesson.

- Timing: Notice that you are playing a bit before the beat. Stephane plays totally tight. As this is a rhythm exercise, that's what I recommend you trying to do.

- Dynamics: I can heat that you are playing all strums with the same intensity. Listen carefully to the original lesson and see how the muted strumming is software, and there is also an overall 16th notes feel (which means that the first of each group of 4 notes is slightly accentuated). The second pattern sounds a bit better in this sense.

Let me know if you have any question!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2020, 07:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 30 2020, 06:17 PM) *
Thanks for the quick reply,
Sounds good and yeah didn’t quit get the dynamic thanks for spotting it, will pay more attention to that. Super

Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 4 2020, 09:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,
Still working on both, but wanted to share my first take on the Santana piece.
LP working a bit better for this one I find.
Cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2020, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! Good job with this one! The main thing to adjust here is again timing. It's not as dramatic as the REC takes, but it's the element that you need to fix. You tend to rush the beat.

Do you usually practice playing over the instructor's take?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 5 2020, 03:39 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabriel,

yes I do practice over the instructor's take. When I do it sounds to me like i'm in synch with it... but then i might just do my own thing when I'm with the backing track?

when you say "rush the beat", could you elaborate it a bit when you have a second?

I really want to fix this!

Cheers,

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 5 2020, 01:50 PM) *
Hi Claudio! Good job with this one! The main thing to adjust here is again timing. It's not as dramatic as the REC takes, but it's the element that you need to fix. You tend to rush the beat.

Do you usually practice playing over the instructor's take?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2020, 08:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 5 2020, 11:39 AM) *
thanks Gabriel,

yes I do practice over the instructor's take. When I do it sounds to me like i'm in synch with it... but then i might just do my own thing when I'm with the backing track?

when you say "rush the beat", could you elaborate it a bit when you have a second?

I really want to fix this!

Cheers,

I mean that sometimes you play the licks faster than they are, and sometimes you play them a bit before you should do it, so it sounds like "hurried". One important question is... can you hear this in your video?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 5 2020, 09:09 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 5 2020, 07:45 PM) *
I mean that sometimes you play the licks faster than they are, and sometimes you play them a bit before you should do it, so it sounds like "hurried". One important question is... can you hear this in your video?

there a few place where i think i can hear it, but i suspect i still can't hear it in many place

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 6 2020, 12:57 PM
Instructor
This is what I hear:

00:03: Those notes are rushed.
00:10: timing is irregular.
00:14: You play these 3 notes a bit before. (rush)
00:21: The same here. You need to work on this rhythm pattern.
00:25: Not completely tight.
00:29: Not completely tight.
00:40: Same
00:48: similar.
After that, the following licks sound tight! Just practice a bit more those bends.

Now doing a deeper analysis, I noticed that you tend to have issues with the same rhythm pattern and it mostly happens when there is no drums. It also happens in other parts, but it's more important when there is no drum marking tempo. This is normal and means that you need to work on your internal rhythm. You need to be able to keep tempo when there is no metronome or/drums.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 6 2020, 02:44 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabriel,

this is very useful, going to work on it!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 6 2020, 11:57 AM) *
This is what I hear:

00:03: Those notes are rushed.
00:10: timing is irregular.
00:14: You play these 3 notes a bit before. (rush)
00:21: The same here. You need to work on this rhythm pattern.
00:25: Not completely tight.
00:29: Not completely tight.
00:40: Same
00:48: similar.
After that, the following licks sound tight! Just practice a bit more those bends.

Now doing a deeper analysis, I noticed that you tend to have issues with the same rhythm pattern and it mostly happens when there is no drums. It also happens in other parts, but it's more important when there is no drum marking tempo. This is normal and means that you need to work on your internal rhythm. You need to be able to keep tempo when there is no metronome or/drums.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 6 2020, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 6 2020, 10:44 AM) *
thanks Gabriel,

this is very useful, going to work on it!!

Great!!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 8 2020, 01:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

worked on those points, thanks again and can I can hear it too now!
I realized I was missing a "pause" on bar 1, 2 and 3 unsure.gif (and the repeats of those licks too obviously), so that was prob one of the reasons of the irregularities... in the rhythm

hopefully now a bit closer

PS i'm also really enjoying this Dorian scale/mode which is the first time i encounter, doing a bit of studying of it too since i'm on it

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2020, 01:42 AM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! Yes! This is much better! There is still room to adjust timing, mostly in the parts without drums, but it's great to hear that you are improvising your timing! Have you been practicing over the original take? Keep doing it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 9 2020, 06:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 9 2020, 12:42 AM) *
Hi Claudio! Yes! This is much better! There is still room to adjust timing, mostly in the parts without drums, but it's great to hear that you are improvising your timing! Have you been practicing over the original take? Keep doing it!

Hi,

thanks, glad you have also noticed the improvements!
Yes a bit of playing over the original lesson and looking at original tabs (which differ a bit from the lesson but just a little).
will have a closer look at the parts without drums, to see if i can spot it too

Cheers,
Claudio

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2020, 08:55 PM
Instructor
Excellent job! Keep the hard work mate.

PS: I wanted to say "improving" not "improvising" in my previous post. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 15 2020, 08:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel,

Been practicing this a bit more, Realized a few more mistakes I was making, hopefully better now. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Claudio

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:57 PM