8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Caelumamittendum's Mtp Thread, All assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Sep 28 2009, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Ok Ben, all sounds good man. I am expecting some new things from you when you get the time. Make sure you improve arrangement, include more modal interchange variety and perhaps change the melody a bit.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 28 2009, 05:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
And it's alright if it's not in a jazzy environment? tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 28 2009, 06:00 PM
Instructor
Sure thing!
I encourage you to take all this material and use it for your original music. We are not doing this for you to play jazz , that was not my intention anyway, I hope you don't think that smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 28 2009, 06:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 28 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Sure thing!
I encourage you to take all this material and use it for your original music. We are not doing this for you to play jazz , that was not my intention anyway, I hope you don't think that smile.gif

Not at all, man, I don't think that! I just find it's easier to implement in a foreign style for me (such as jazz) rather than prog metal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 28 2009, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Cool Ben, go with Progressive Metal smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 29 2009, 04:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Will try and use it in one of my current compositions.

I was wondering if we can put a little side-assignments in here too, Pedja? I know the priority is composing and all these things, but I wouldn't mind having a few exercises (tapping, alternate picking, whatever...) to do and record too and a deadline to keep me at it. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 29 2009, 05:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 30 2009, 05:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 29 2009, 05:46 PM) *
Will try and use it in one of my current compositions.

I was wondering if we can put a little side-assignments in here too, Pedja? I know the priority is composing and all these things, but I wouldn't mind having a few exercises (tapping, alternate picking, whatever...) to do and record too and a deadline to keep me at it. wink.gif

Great to hear this Ben. Most people try to get out of work but you seem to request more and more always smile.gif
I am up for it, hope you are too.

What technique would you like to focus? I can give you 11 exercises for Alternate picking and you will get assignment to record them in 3 tempos. Will that work or do you need something more?

Let me know!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2009, 05:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
That will be alright. I need to focus on my alternate picking too to get that up to par. I would also like some arpeggio stuff to practice at a point. It's not so much what to practice as to rather do it and have some deadline and focus on getting to where both I and you expect me to be after a certain amount of time and practicing. I don't know if that makes sense.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 30 2009, 05:41 PM
Instructor
It makes perfect sense! It will get you to organize and aim for something particular, I totally support that wink.gif

Ok here are the 11 alternate picking exercises. Learn them all and go for 3 tempos that are at least 20bpm gap between them. Idea is to have slow (warm up) medium (slight effort) and fast (maximum effort) tempos. For you it may be 60 100 160bpm. We won't know until you try them all. You will also notice that exercises are different in rhythm as well as approach. Some are played on 1 string, some use 2 , some 3 or more strings but alternate picking always happens no matter what. When you do all of these and record them, we can do arpeggios as well wink.gif

Deadline for your assignment is one week from today (October 7th). I want you to push yourself as much as you can with technical exercises and same goes for Alternate picking ones.

Let me know if you have any questions Ben !

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Exercise_1_Alternate.pdf ( 103.34K ) Number of downloads: 56
Attached File  Exercise_2_Alternate.pdf ( 104.72K ) Number of downloads: 53
Attached File  Exercise_3_Alternate.pdf ( 106.53K ) Number of downloads: 51
Attached File  Exercise_4_Alternate.pdf ( 66.74K ) Number of downloads: 43
Attached File  Exercise_5_Alternate.pdf ( 70.31K ) Number of downloads: 47
Attached File  Exercise_6_Alternate.pdf ( 90.17K ) Number of downloads: 56
Attached File  Exercise_7_Alternate.pdf ( 84.09K ) Number of downloads: 49
Attached File  Exercise_8_Alternate.pdf ( 110.14K ) Number of downloads: 48
Attached File  Exercise_9.pdf ( 67.05K ) Number of downloads: 55
Attached File  Exercise_10_Alternate.pdf ( 80.52K ) Number of downloads: 59
Attached File  Exercise_11_Alternate.pdf ( 74.46K ) Number of downloads: 59

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2009, 06:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Excellent, Pedja. I'm feeling in a more technical mood tonight, so I might look at a few and record some.

My alternate picking starts to get wobbly at 140 bpm with 16th notes though, but I'll be pushing that fore sure. I'll try them out at 80, 100 and 120 bpm first and see how that goes though. It's been a while since I practiced such things.

Do you want a video of me doing these?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 30 2009, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Video would be perfect Ben!
See if you can do something tonight already. I will check the thread after champions league matches (watching game with my best friend and brother as usually) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2009, 06:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice! Which games tonight? Always enjoy a good bit of CL football.

You know what I dislike very much? When you've recorded a take at something and afterwards realize that the input was set to microphone and not line in! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 30 2009, 06:50 PM
Instructor
Tonight there is a derby game between Bayern Munich and Juventus Torin smile.gif Man Utd will play Wolfsburg, Real against Marseille, Chelsea against APOEL (team that kicked out Partizan Belgrade...) So plenty of good games smile.gif

Did you just do that? I somehow though you were recording using digital effects as output source smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2009, 07:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
I use my pandora PX4D for recording, but my webcam automatically sets the "microphone" to "microphone" instead of "line in".

Here's the first exercises. I only played through it a few times before recording though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJnPdt8hsI&fmt=22

I was also just recording exercise 2 when my cat decided to jump in and sit in front of the camera.... Stupid cat!

I actually think there's a bit of a timing problem with the 120 bpm takes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 30 2009, 07:35 PM
Instructor
Good work for very little to none preparation. I think you can do better of course. Keep in mind that 1st exercise uses only one string, it serves as a warm up of a sort smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2009, 08:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
The sound is not so good, as I'm just using the drums from the Pandora and everything goes through the same from that, so it might not be perfect, but for it is, I think it'll do.

I'll try and record all exercises in a similar way though and maybe put them all in one video.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2009, 10:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I just made a youtube file with several takes of every exercise. from Exercise 4 and onwards was pretty much first time I played those. Some shapes are more familiar than others though. I played all exercises at 80 bpm. Some are better than others, of course. I struggled quite a bit with exercise 10, as you will see. My fingers and mind kept wanting to play something else, so I moved on to 11. Will work more on it to the next time though.

I will have the youtube link up soon.

Oh... and the faces when playing something in the wrong weren't are just my "ARGH"-faces, but not in a very serious way though. So if I look really sad at not having played it the right way, it's not that bad really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2009, 11:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sound quality degraded a bit through having to split the file. Don't know what happened. There are some not so good things in between, but hopefully we'll see a lot of progress in the next few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC4PBUmbz0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZxBR4ISvU

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 30 2009, 11:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 1 2009, 08:30 AM
Instructor
I am sure we will see a lot of progress in next few days. I like how you practiced things in those videos. It is very clear when you make a mistake and then you try to correct it. I think overall you will have to spend more time on specific things within exercises (string skipping one for example).
One more thing Ben... I don't expect you to post videos every day,but if you can record your practice session (like what you did last night) then I would like to keep an eye on your progress that way too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 2 2009, 10:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Funny problem... My little finger starts to cramp up when doing the exercises at 130 bpm. Hahaha. Can't bend it then. What's the best solution to this?

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:32 PM