It Is Normal To Hear Radio Stations Comeing From A Tube Amp?
mattacuk
Sep 18 2007, 07:35 PM
Lets go fishing!
:lol:As per the title laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
blindwillie
Sep 18 2007, 08:08 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 18 2007, 08:35 PM) *
:lol:As per the title laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

No absolutly not!
The normal thing is to hear them in your teeths fillings.

tongue.gif

I just realized what's happening to Andrew and his amp building journey.
He hear the voices from the amps too and they have promized him a light saber if he follows the blueprints they sent him and builds the "mother of all amplifiers". Watch out mattacuk!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 18 2007, 08:14 PM
I think your losing it mate!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 18 2007, 09:15 PM
Lets go fishing!
haha, its ok guys my parents can here it too wink.gif It was definatly picking something up!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 18 2007, 09:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I've had that too, very annoying. And I don't know what to do about it, cover the room in aluminum foil maybe.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 18 2007, 09:36 PM
Dude omg im not crazy ! Im playing on a grounded amp ( forget what the opposite to tube is ) and I always hear the radio. Omg just yesterday I was playing the SRV lesson and I was almost positive I head BEAT IT playing through my amp. ohmy.gif Im not Crazy ! Wooot ! rolleyes.gif Maybe a little dry.gif

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 18 2007, 09:36 PM
I was just havin ya on man wink.gif

I remember quite awhile back I was round at my mates and he was having abit of a jam and when he plugged one of his pedals in (dont remember what it was) we could hear abit of a whisper from the radio. We wernt really sure what to think at 1st as we were all pretty baked.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 18 2007, 10:37 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 18 2007, 09:33 PM) *
I've had that too, very annoying. And I don't know what to do about it, cover the room in aluminum foil maybe.

I have a hat like that,to keep the Alien siganls out wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 18 2007, 10:43 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 18 2007, 11:37 PM) *
I have a hat like that,to keep the Alien siganls out wink.gif

laugh.gif this puts your original question in another perspective - so are you sure the voices isn't in your head?

Better put yout hat on!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 18 2007, 10:45 PM
Seriously, I get that on my Xbox when I run XBMC. Or more likely it's the sound from a TV-channel.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 18 2007, 10:51 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 18 2007, 10:43 PM) *
laugh.gif this puts your original question in another perspective - so are you sure the voices isn't in your head?

Better put yout hat on!! biggrin.gif

Absolutely, the voices come from the fish blink.gif hehe, but on a more serious note, its looking more like a few GMC'ers experience this phenomina, i think we should call Mulder and Scully (actually you can ditch Mulder wink.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 18 2007, 11:06 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 18 2007, 02:33 PM) *

Does happen - used to play with a guy and his amp would pick up passing taxi drivers messages to base camp blink.gif . Was a bit embarrasing when we were gigging once and in a quiet emotive bit of a song everyone heard loud and clear, 'Roger that pick up control. Just dropping off on Paradise Street then will go.' rolleyes.gif .

Shielding though should help sort it out. Another possibility - harder to sort - is if the tube/s are microphonic, that may need a tech to look at.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Slammer
Sep 18 2007, 11:42 PM
This used to happen to me too...

Except I'm in Miami, So what I would hear was Spainsh Talk Radio huh.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif dry.gif

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 19 2007, 02:02 AM
Learning Roadie
I also heard radio, but it was no tube amp tongue.gif
Just a normal practice amp. It was weird, when I suddelny heard voices and I didnt where they came from I got a bit scared until I realised that the radio is coming out of the amp^^
It was some czech or russian radio (I live in Germany) oO

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 19 2007, 02:55 AM
random note : wouldn't it be cool to have an amp where between the cab and the head there was a fish tank ohmy.gif so fish cud like swim in your amp sorta hahah smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 19 2007, 03:11 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 18 2007, 05:55 PM) *
random note : wouldn't it be cool to have an amp where between the cab and the head there was a fish tank ohmy.gif so fish cud like swim in your amp sorta hahah smile.gif

Wanna go ride bikes ?

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 19 2007, 05:09 PM
Instructor
I had similar problem long ago,once I think...didn't know how I got it tho. smile.gif
Probably shielding'd help or tech look as Tony said.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 19 2007, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 19 2007, 01:55 PM) *

I think maybe that they would die from all the intense vibrations... wouldnt be such a good look then tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 19 2007, 09:28 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ahh guys, the amp is now well and truley borked! sad.gif Its hissing and popping so loud you cant hear the guitar blink.gif

I phoned up Vox and he said its definatly faulty stock, so its being returned tommorow.

So thats even more time i cant practice guitar and im not too impressed sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 19 2007, 09:44 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 19 2007, 10:28 PM) *
Ahh guys, the amp is now well and truley borked! sad.gif Its hissing and popping so loud you cant hear the guitar blink.gif

I phoned up Vox and he said its definatly faulty stock, so its being returned tommorow.

So thats even more time i cant practice guitar and im not too impressed sad.gif

Noooo... sorry to hear that. sad.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:42 AM