Best Acoustic Strings?, High priced strings arent worth what they're sold for..
Twinbroz
Aug 23 2011, 06:30 PM
GMC:er
So recently I replaced my acoustic guitars strings b/c I like the new sound of strings out of the package. I wanted to go with higher quality, so I bought Elixer. Now, they are 16 dollars for 6 strings, and had polyweb coating to last longer, but in a few days the string
poppped and I usually tune down to play for rock/metal on it.

I always go with D'addario because they sound amazing, but what are your most prerferable acoustic strings especially for bending and metal?

P.S Elixers suck.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 23 2011, 08:29 PM
Instructor
If you like the new sound of strings, Daddario provide nice and brilliant top end. I use them, and recommend them if this is what you need. You could try some hybrid set if you downtune.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Twinbroz
Aug 23 2011, 09:56 PM
GMC:er
Thanks ill stick to D'addarios then.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 23 2011, 09:57 PM
Instructor
There is no best guitar in the world, it's the same with the strings ! Once asked "what is the best car in the world," Henry Ford (founder of Ford Motor Company) answered - a new one! It's all a matter of personal preferences. Try a variety of models, sizes, when you get the sound that you meet - these are the best strings ! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:10 AM