Funny/curious Question
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 15 2007, 10:36 PM
Learning Tone Guru
When practicing "In style of John Frusciante" lesson, I just noticed, that when doing bigger bends (like whole tone etc.) my mouth is automatically going wide open biggrin.gif.
Like if it was trying to "help" the guitar produce that higher sound biggrin.gif. I do not consider it that much of a problem (oh.. I will only look like mentally retarded when soloing on stage:-D ), I am just curious, if any1 of you has experienced this body reaction? tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 15 2007, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
Yeah Man
I think we all make some stupid faces when playing bends and stuff like that because you feel it and your just expressing that on the guitar.It is funny though and i try not to unless i know im playing something awesome enough to look silly like that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 15 2007, 10:56 PM
Stuff like this doesnt look stupid AT ALL! Everyone does it.

Would it be cooler to just stand completely still and look like a picture while playing crazy solos? smile.gif

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 15 2007, 10:59 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 15 2007, 05:56 PM) *

Would it be cooler to just stand completely still and look like a picture while playing crazy solos? smile.gif

I agree but,
only when the person is actually playing something very talented.I wouldnt want to see someone make that face when playing the some weak solo. smile.gif

Like a dude i seen on you tube he was playing that cannon rock gabage and it was so anoying

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 15 2007, 11:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 15 2007, 11:56 PM) *

Totally agree!

I hate players who don't make any faces while playing - that means they play like robots!

Satch, Vai, Johnson always do some crazy looking faces - but it's cool! You can actually see they are enjoying the playing and they feel what they play! smile.gif

EDIT: i am talking about professional players!!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 15 2007, 11:02 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 15 2007, 11:02 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Yeah but.. 'till to day, I thought, that those funny faces, Kris is doing in his vids (for example Whammy bar harmonics at Shred masterclass... I just love it:) it's hillarious) are "consious".. but now, it seems to me that if you are not Yngwie Malmsteen, you just look funny by yourself, without any effort to look like that smile.gif :-P

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 15 2007, 11:22 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jul 15 2007, 06:02 PM) *
Yeah but.. 'till to day, I thought, that those funny faces, Kris is doing in his vids (for example Whammy bar harmonics at Shred masterclass... I just love it:) it's hillarious) are "consious".. but now, it seems to me that if you are not Yngwie Malmsteen, you just look funny by yourself, without any effort to look like that smile.gif :-P

Well in Kris case I think he is doing it for comedy value as he is a funny kind of guy smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 15 2007, 11:55 PM
I used to stick my tongue out when I got to the harder passages of what I was playing.

I had to stop that as I did look slightly retarded laugh.gif blink.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 16 2007, 02:51 AM
Learning Roadie
mouth wide open is good for breathing. In may case it is the opposite, I grit my teeth which is not so good for breathing. It's a work in progress.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 16 2007, 02:52 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (kahall @ Jul 15 2007, 09:51 PM) *
mouth wide open is good for breathing. In may case it is the opposite, I grit my teeth which is not so good for breathing. It's a work in progress.

Just remember to breathe smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 16 2007, 02:52 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The lead guitaristr from Candlemass does that like crazy, as do ALOT of guitarists, Vai does it with his harmonics smile.gif

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jul 16 2007, 03:31 AM
Jakub, You have a case of "Guitar Face." laugh.gif I believe we all have it! Be careful though, when your mouth opens on those bends you may catch a fly tongue.gif !

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 16 2007, 08:47 AM
No! Look at Snowy White or Andy Fairweather Low. It's so cool when they play and they don't move a muscle in their faces. They play goodly and just look distinguished (hope I spelled that right, I don't want it to say "disgusting" or something similar)... Wonderful smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:27 PM