Parkway Drive- Thoughts?
TreyDeschamp
Jan 20 2013, 03:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I posted a thread like this a few years ago when they weren't as big but what do you guys think?

I find them to be different from the other guys in their genre. Many disagree but I feel they create such an atmosphere in their songs.

Here are some examples.

The River

Carrion (this is the video of theirs that won me over back in the day)

Sleepwalker

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 21 2013, 09:28 AM
Instructor
I love the instrumentals and the show (I think that their show in Bucharest was one of the best metal shows EVER - the venue went literally nuts!) but one thing that doesn't resonate with me, lies in the fact that they don't use melodic singing in their music smile.gif But that's just me tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 21 2013, 02:12 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 21 2013, 08:28 AM) *
but one thing that doesn't resonate with me, lies in the fact that they don't use melodic singing in their music smile.gif But that's just me tongue.gif

I agree with you C-man.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 21 2013, 03:05 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 21 2013, 02:28 AM) *
I love the instrumentals and the show (I think that their show in Bucharest was one of the best metal shows EVER - the venue went literally nuts!) but one thing that doesn't resonate with me, lies in the fact that they don't use melodic singing in their music smile.gif But that's just me tongue.gif

I can agree with that but I guess it's musicians choice right? wink.gif

A lot of their songs could have some good vocal melodies to them.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 22 2013, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Well, in posts like these - you are talking to Cosmin, the music consumer not the musician tongue.gif And the music consumer is a much simpler and earnest critic - he either likes it or he doesn't, without analyzing things too much tongue.gif

Joking aside, there are some things which I can digest after some time and the musician kicks in and says, hey, after all this thing is good in all the ensemble, but as a listener, you are struck by a piece of music instantly, or not smile.gif It's that simple smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 22 2013, 06:15 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 22 2013, 08:17 AM) *
but as a listener, you are struck by a piece of music instantly, or not smile.gif It's that simple smile.gif

A very good point Cosmin!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 22 2013, 10:02 PM
Cheers for the links, Trey, been meaning to have a listen to these guys.

Carrion sounds mental \m/

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 23 2013, 11:19 AM
Instructor
I especially like that one for the epic intro! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 25 2013, 02:42 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I like them!

They are one of these bands that seem to appear on every festival in Germany every year. Gonna see them at least twice this year (again). Their live shows are great and you can tell they've got tons of fun on stage. This is true for most bands of that genre, these guys always seem to be enjoying their show just as much as the audience.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 25 2013, 04:03 PM
Put me in mind of 5 Finger Death Punch... a bit at least.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 25 2013, 07:58 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 25 2013, 07:42 AM) *
I like them!

They are one of these bands that seem to appear on every festival in Germany every year. Gonna see them at least twice this year (again). Their live shows are great and you can tell they've got tons of fun on stage. This is true for most bands of that genre, these guys always seem to be enjoying their show just as much as the audience.

I could only dream of seeing them. I'm never close enough to a festival that they would play at. Everyone around here likes radio metal.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2013, 11:23 AM
Instructor
What do you mean by radio metal, Trey?

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 26 2013, 03:03 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 26 2013, 04:23 AM) *
What do you mean by radio metal, Trey?

Well I guess it really depends on your area (hopefully your rock/metal stations play good stuff) but my friends and I refer to the festivals around here (which are very rare) as radio metal festivals.

Radio metal for us is like Southern Metal and like Nickleback type stuff. Our radio station down here really hasn't played anything different since the 1990s unless its a redneck metal song about stripper poles and beer.

That's radio metal for me laugh.gif

Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that. I realize a musicians goal is to get a lot of playback through the radio at some point.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 27 2013, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Ooooh, now I get it biggrin.gif Mate, I like that kind of rock too, so I would have nothing against it, but hey, we need diversity smile.gif Imagine that Romania has ONE rock music radio station, just ONE. And it plays Classic Rock.... I'm SO tired of having my breakfast while Dio is singing 'Holy DRiver' laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:16 PM