Your Backing & Our Mix + Jam Ii, Possible next collab?
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2020, 06:50 PM
Instructor
Hey friends!! After the great success of the previous collab, I think that it's time to start a new one. Kris started the previous thread with this idea:

"I just had this idea as we were discussing what our next collab should be.

Maybe you have a backing track / song idea? It can be any style or genre.

If so, we could use it (or parts of it) to create a backing track for everybody to jam over. If you don't have great recording possibilities that is not a problem, as we will re-record the backing for you and mix it.

It would be really cool to work over a backing that originates from a student idea!

Finger crossed! 🤞"

What do you say?? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 15 2020, 07:48 PM
GMC:er
Sounds like a plan! smile.gif CAELs backing was great it will be hard to beat!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 15 2020, 01:50 PM) *
Hey friends!! After the great success of the previous collab, I think that it's time to start a new one. Kris started the previous thread with this idea:

"I just had this idea as we were discussing what our next collab should be.

Maybe you have a backing track / song idea? It can be any style or genre.

If so, we could use it (or parts of it) to create a backing track for everybody to jam over. If you don't have great recording possibilities that is not a problem, as we will re-record the backing for you and mix it.

It would be really cool to work over a backing that originates from a student idea!

Finger crossed! 🤞"

What do you say?? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Dec 15 2020, 07:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
How about we do a jam where everything is picked randomly.

For example, the key is picked randomly, the style is picked randomly, even the tempo is picked randomly.

A procedure similar to this video:

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 15 2020, 09:07 PM
GMC Founder
So just to clarify - the idea with this thread is to gather student material for a possible next collab. So if you have a riff, song idea, chord progression, beat (etc) feel to share here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 15 2020, 09:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I gave my idea here and there was a small chat about it in the subsequent posts if anyone wants to take a look. It's way beyond me to come up with a backing though wink.gif Maybe it's a little bit too ambitous to take on though huh.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 15 2020, 09:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 16 2020, 12:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
Okay, so I looked at Phil's post and probably mimic'ed Stairway a bit too much with these two ideas. Here's a GP7 file for those that have that, and a GP5 file otherwise.

Attached File  Led_Zep_ideas.gp ( 18.13K ) Number of downloads: 118

Attached File  Led_Zep_ideas.gp5 ( 9.6K ) Number of downloads: 91

Besides, I would love to see other people chime in of course - either something completely different than that idea or continuing on what I posted. I don't like being the one to come up with ideas twice in a row! I'm sure a lot of you have brilliant ideas too. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2020, 02:12 PM
Instructor
Cool!! I really like it Cael!! It has Stairway's soul but it's something new!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2020, 04:53 PM
Instructor
Ok friends! I've been experimenting with Cael's composition. I've recorded his parts trying to this an evolution like Phil suggested. I've added a 4th section inspired by Metallica's Fade To Black.

Attached File  Cael_s_Zeppelin_Idea_by_Gab.mp3 ( 3.1MB ) Number of downloads: 140

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 16 2020, 08:41 PM
Sounds great to me, I don't know much Metallica but from 1:26 it sounds very Sabbath cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 16 2020, 08:49 PM
Sounding great!! BEN, this might be a DOUBLE for ya!!! Two in a row can be a good thing smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 16 2020, 11:53 AM) *
Ok friends! I've been experimenting with Cael's composition. I've recorded his parts trying to this an evolution like Phil suggested. I've added a 4th section inspired by Metallica's Fade To Black.

Attached File  Cael_s_Zeppelin_Idea_by_Gab.mp3 ( 3.1MB ) Number of downloads: 140

What do you think?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 16 2020, 09:24 PM
GMC Founder
YEAH!! Great stuff Ben & Gab - I think this has really cool mysterious vibes!

Perhaps we want to go all out metal at the end - maybe with a change of drumset and higher bpm? Either way works for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 16 2020, 09:44 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 16 2020, 08:24 PM) *
YEAH!! Great stuff Ben & Gab - I think this has really cool mysterious vibes!

Perhaps we want to go all out metal at the end - maybe with a change of drumset and higher bpm? Either way works for me.

Yeah all out metal higher BPM then a melodic slow mysterious fade out, I think that would be a nice shocker, kinda like have a BIG climax and on the last hit of the kick drum, suddenly drop to a melodic outro with a fade out.

Just ideas wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 17 2020, 04:04 PM
Instructor
GREAT ideas!!! Check out this MORE METAL!! outro and let me know what you think! biggrin.gif

Attached File  Cael_s_Zeppelin_Idea_by_Gab_2.mp3 ( 3.37MB ) Number of downloads: 131

If you like it, I'll fix a bit the mix, and create the collab thread with short versions of each part.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 17 2020, 05:15 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 17 2020, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 17 2020, 03:04 PM) *
GREAT ideas!!! Check out this MORE METAL!! outro and let me know what you think! biggrin.gif

Attached File  Cael_s_Zeppelin_Idea_by_Gab_2.mp3 ( 3.37MB ) Number of downloads: 131

If you like it, I'll fix a bit the mix, and create the collab thread with short versions of each part.

That's brilliant, I think that last chord on the synth could possibly be extended for however long it needs with a variation on Ben's intro, maybe with ethereal effects on the guitar to fade out.

Great work Gab and Ben cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 17 2020, 08:49 PM
Awesome!! Please tell me this one might go up on spotify?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 17 2020, 11:04 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:19 PM