Gonna See Kamelot Tomorrow!
Gitarrero
Apr 6 2010, 05:49 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi everybody,
just wanted to let you know that I'm going to see Kamelot live in Dortmund tomorrow. I'm already really excited and I hope they're gonna play my favourite:

I'll write a concert review for the wiki on thursday.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Apr 6 2010, 05:50 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 7 2010, 05:21 AM
GMC:er
How was it? I saw their live dvd and they really kick some asses man!!. Is a very interesting band

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 7 2010, 07:28 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'll tell you tomorrow, the concert will be tonight...12 hours to go!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
OzRob
Apr 7 2010, 08:18 AM
I hope they come to Oz some day. I really like 'The Haunting' and 'March of Mephisto'.

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 7 2010, 10:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome ..have fun mate.. let us know how they were live .. I used to listen to rule the world a lot ..

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 7 2010, 11:24 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome, I'll see them next saturday biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 7 2010, 12:28 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This will be a good concert! Have fun tonight! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 7 2010, 03:15 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Excellent, should be good, I`ve only just started listening recently to some of their material smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 7 2010, 06:13 PM
Ohh!! I thought you already went!! Hahaha. Have fun!!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 8 2010, 10:35 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well, what can I say...it was awesome! I'm gonna write a wiki review today, but I'll give you a few details.
The place wasn't to crowded at the beginning so I could easily take my place in the third row right in front of the stage. Good thing about metal concerts: people don't jump around like crazy, so you get to watch what the guitarists do!
The first band to play was Adagio, a french band with an amazing guitarist called Stephan Forté. This guy actually crushed one of my imaginations. I thought this super fast sweep picking one can see in videos is just a hoax, you know, recorded slowly and then played with double speed. Well, I could see him do sweeping and tapping in his solos with amazing speed. Overall it was a good performance. This was their last song:

Next band was Leaves' Eyes from Germany, not my cup of tea since it's symphonic metal, but I have to admit they put up a great show and their songs were really good. This was my favourite:

So finally, it was time for Kamelot to enter the stage. They started with the song Ghost Opera and after a couple of minutes, the sound technician finally realized it might be a good idea to gibe Khan's mic a higher volume biggrin.gif Be sure to check out my wiki article for a complete setlist (I hope it's complete...), but I have to share one funny thing right away: Rule the World began with an arabian intro where Elize Ryd from Amaranthe (who is Kamelot's background singer for his tour) did a belly dance (what a gorgeous woman! I have to check the band out...), then the band started to play. After the intro riff, the singer Khan was nowhere to be found...so the band played the intro riff again, then started the verse and Khan entered the stage again, but started singing about a second too late...of course he managed to fully get into the song in no time at all. After the song he said to the audience: "I think you guys are wondering why I came in so late? I had to pee! That never happened before, did it?" Now that's professional!
All in all a great show, I can really recommend to see them if you have the chance.

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Apr 8 2010, 10:35 AM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 8 2010, 11:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
haha, pee break .. laugh.gif .. thanks for the quick writeup .. looking forward to your article ..

This post has been edited by zen: Apr 8 2010, 11:58 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2010, 01:39 AM
A great band and VERY under rated. I also really dig EPICA and NIGHTWISH. All killer bands.

Todd

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 9 2010, 03:25 AM
I already recommended Adagio once here. I think they're one of the greatest bands in today's prog metal scene. Underworld album is so awesome.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 9 2010, 06:50 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Apr 9 2010, 04:25 AM) *
I already recommended Adagio once here. I think they're one of the greatest bands in today's prog metal scene. Underworld album is so awesome.

I didn't see that, but I can totally recommend them as well!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 10 2010, 03:52 AM
Did you hear their last cd, "Archangles in Black"? If you didn't, Get it now!! Hahaha It's an outstanding album.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:00 PM