> Songwriting Motivation
Caelumamittendum
post Aug 23 2019, 01:19 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

So, for more than a year I haven't really written any songs (besides the riffs for the Metallica collaboration). I wrote a few Danish songs about a year ago, but nothing in the style I really like; progressive metal. I feel like I've lost my mojo, my motivation and it feels as if every idea I come up with is a bad one, which I then end up deleting again. The ideas I come up with doesn't feel original or like my own style, or rather, I can't find my own personal style again. I felt with Celestial Voyage that I had found some niche genre and style that I liked and that I felt comfortable with. I was even in a good place in my head in terms of song writing where I accepted any idea as something that could potentially be used. But that's a long time ago no that I wrote that, and I've lost that spark and lost touch with that.

What do you do in regards to writing your own material when you lose motivation?

I know some obvious answers are: "Listen to your favorite band, analyze their songs" or "listen to something completely new", but what else have you got for advice? smile.gif

--------------------
For some prog metal made by yours truly, check out:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/storm-linnebjerg-a-celestial-voyage-full-demo

And subscribe to my Youtube Channel and Instagram here! and here!
...and my Twitch:HERE!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 06:33 AM