3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
What Is Your "breaking Point?"
At what point do you start to freak out at:
How many people does it take to get you really nervous?
Only a few. [ 28 ] ** [31.82%]
Infront of a group of friends. [ 4 ] ** [4.55%]
At a party, (15+ people) [ 7 ] ** [7.95%]
Small gig, at a bar, or party [ 9 ] ** [10.23%]
Somewhere around 100 people [ 8 ] ** [9.09%]
Small onstage concert, talent show (200-800) [ 10 ] ** [11.36%]
Onstage, thousands of people [ 5 ] ** [5.68%]
Millions, Huge gig, Live TV [ 2 ] ** [2.27%]
I dont get nervous at all.... [ 15 ] ** [17.05%]
Total Votes: 88
Guests cannot vote 
Xranthoius
Dec 1 2007, 07:29 PM
GMC:er
For me it would be between "Somewhere around 100 people and Small onstage conctert, talent show."

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Dec 1 2007, 07:37 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Dec 1 2007, 06:29 PM) *
For me it would be between "Somewhere around 100 people and Small onstage conctert, talent show."

me too

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 1 2007, 07:45 PM
Lets go fishing!
Yet to find out, but I will very soon! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
swingline
Dec 1 2007, 08:08 PM
For me I am fine until about 200 people, then I get nervous. But if my dad comes in and asks me to play something I get nervous. huh.gif I think its because I care more about my dads opinion. smile.gif

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 1 2007, 08:44 PM
Hmm if it's people I know than 15+ are enough to get me nervous
but if it's a crowd than 200+ and I get stage fright tongue.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 1 2007, 09:04 PM
I dont really get nervous anymore. I used to get sooo freakin nervous that I could barely stand, but after a few gigs I'm not nervous anymore. Though, I have only played for about ~600 people, I'll probably die if its thousands.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 1 2007, 09:17 PM
Instructor
It depends on who the people are....if i know that 1000 people in the club have no idea what guitar is than i don't get nervous. If i know there will be like 400 other guitarists than i get quite nervous.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Dec 1 2007, 09:36 PM
Doing things in front of other people doesnt really bother me anymore, although it definatly used to. With guitar I realize that usually the people watching are not looking for reasons to dislike but are thinking how cool it would be to be the one on stage

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
swingline
Dec 1 2007, 09:53 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 1 2007, 12:17 PM) *
It depends on who the people are....if i know that 1000 people in the club have no idea what guitar is than i don't get nervous. If i know there will be like 400 other guitarists than i get quite nervous.

That too because they'll just about dissect everything you do.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 1 2007, 10:21 PM
if you get nervous, try this mental trick. Imagine everyone in the audience is naked. you will break out laughing, and the nervousness will go away.

however never do this if the room is full of people over 50. you could end up emotionally scarred.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 2 2007, 04:25 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 1 2007, 03:21 PM) *
if you get nervous, try this mental trick. Imagine everyone in the audience is naked. you will break out laughing, and the nervousness will go away.

however never do this if the room is full of people over 50. you could end up emotionally scarred.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Dec 2 2007, 04:36 AM
You should have put dad..

Thats the ONLY person that I cant play infront of without like.. wetting myself.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
drummingguitaris...
Dec 2 2007, 04:38 AM
I get nervous around a small group of people like 10+ that know I can play but haven't seen me just out of curiousity, or if they know me really well, if I playing in front of 2 or 3 of my best mates, I just do whatever.

--------------------
-->Chris D.<--

My Gear:
Fender DG-xxx Acoustic/Electric
Crate GX-15 series
Ibanez GRG170DX Electric w/ FR Trem
My heart, imagination, hopes, and dreams.

My top 5 influences:
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Carlos Augusto Alves Santana
Saul Hudson (Slash)
Eric Patrick Clapton
Kirk Lee Hammett

thedarkblues06 wrote:

jpast wrote:

He wishes he was in the minority. Nothing like making out with guys to stick it to the man. (Pun intended)
(Off-hand comment made about Pete Wentz wishing he was gay.)

+Quote Post
exorcyze
Dec 2 2007, 05:00 AM
Done shows for up to 1300-1500 people without any stage fright. A wireless mic and a huge mosh pit helped too! =D

Not great image quality or a huge show but :

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 2 2007, 05:26 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont get that nervous, as long as i get to play im happy. Of course, i havent played anything like, Rock In Rio or something with 300,000 - 700,000 people, that would be a different experiece i would imagine.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 2 2007, 05:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well my breaking point isn't a huge crowd , played infront 1000+ many times..Yes I get a little nervous before that big gig but that helps me get even more concetrated on my playing..Though one thing that gets me realy nervous is playing competition gigs where every note and move matters...But you get through it one way or the other...After few gigs you became addicted to adrenalin and rush it makes for you...so the bigger crowd the better!!!

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Dec 2 2007, 05:52 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2007, 06:00 PM
Instructor
I always get little nervous before shows. WHen I played shows in front of 1500+ people I was very nervous every time but in a positive kind of way. (as my former economy proffesor used to say - small anxioty before the test\show is good just as a small inflation is) I just can help it. It doesen`t matter for me if they are all musicians or just "ordinary" people smile.gif I think i maybe even play beter when musicians are around. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Dec 2 2007, 06:03 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 5 2007, 02:22 AM
Ye, I have noticed too that I get a lot more nervous playing infront of a family member than somebody I have never even met.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Dec 5 2007, 03:32 AM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Dec 1 2007, 07:36 PM) *
You should have put dad..

Thats the ONLY person that I cant play infront of without like.. wetting myself.

Rofl.

Anways, I get really nervous and P.O quite easily. I hate when Im playing in front of a bunch of people, and I know I can play better then how I am playing infront of them. That just makes a brother wanna break his Helllllll Raiser dry.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 5 2007, 04:05 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I get nervous even when my dog is looking at me, I just dont know what to play.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:42 AM