2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Any Good Tube Screamer Alternatives?
Adrian Figallo
Nov 10 2010, 04:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (emirb @ Nov 10 2010, 08:59 AM) *
smile.gif I don't have time to make/sell pedals even if that would be nice thing to do, it just takes too much time (for the enclosures mostly). I do it sometimes for friends and friends friends because then I don't need to stress with the load. But I'll gladly help you get started if you have the time/energy to learn it!

i wanna learn too man! is it possible for you to write a wiki entry smile.gif?
i would LOVE to learn how to build pedals smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emirb
Nov 10 2010, 04:25 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I could do that! Absolutely. I've been busy lately and haven't built anything for a long time. But desire is back (though no need as I have so many already). I could make pics while processing. I do everything from scratch i.e. I etch my PCBs and everything but people assembling kits should in that case simply skip those parts.

Well truth to be told, I started building a while ago, made a LOT of pedals of every possible kind (well almost) and realized that I would have to start actually using them! I made bunch of phasers, envelope filters, flangers, choruses and other stuff that I never use normally but still it's fun. Then I joined GMC. smile.gif I realized that I cannot just work on my sound but instead improve my playing too as it's 10 years old smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by emirb: Nov 10 2010, 04:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Giacinto
Nov 10 2010, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
"I don't have time to make/sell pedals even if that would be nice thing to do, it just takes too much time (for the enclosures mostly). I do it sometimes for friends and friends friends because then I don't need to stress with the load. But I'll gladly help you get started if you have the time/energy to learn it!"
I'd also love to try it out myself! Is there any site with infos or tutorials, or is there some kind of manual included within one of those starter boxes? How much time did you spend on your first one? smile.gif just curious.

+Quote Post
emirb
Nov 10 2010, 05:38 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Giacinto @ Nov 10 2010, 05:06 PM) *
"I don't have time to make/sell pedals even if that would be nice thing to do, it just takes too much time (for the enclosures mostly). I do it sometimes for friends and friends friends because then I don't need to stress with the load. But I'll gladly help you get started if you have the time/energy to learn it!"
I'd also love to try it out myself! Is there any site with infos or tutorials, or is there some kind of manual included within one of those starter boxes? How much time did you spend on your first one? smile.gif just curious.

Well I don't know if there actually tutorials like that but there is certainly some information that comes with the kits. Most important thing is that the PCB is done and often professionally too and all it takes is a soldering pen and you're done! If you also get a drilled enclosure it could be done in like two hours at most. My first build? Well I don't know but say that I spent like 8 hours because I wasn't really sure how to do many of the things. Today I have very precise routines and all the materials and most important tools that makes it much faster. I also used to make several projects at the same time so while paint is drying on one I could solder another one, and so on. If you google this you can find bunch of sites with information on every possible detail. DIY stompbox community is huge trust me. There also many online shops with bunch of components that you could think of electronics enclosures knobs you name it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Giacinto
Nov 10 2010, 05:43 PM
GMC:er
ok thanks for the info, will surely check it out!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:21 PM