Nashville Tele, Modding my tele and run into a problem!
PosterBoy
Nov 13 2012, 11:25 AM
Learning Roadie
So with my Tyler HSS being my number 1 go to guitar, for many reasons, like it's awesome, it's versatile, the neck is a dream. My first proper guitar, that I've abused since 1989 is feeling left out.

I played it for the first time in about 8 months the other day and forgot how great it sounds (for a guitar really needing some fret attention or a refret). It's a guitar that hasn't been babied, it's been played and handled roughly, I've sanded the neck to get rid of most of the finish,battered the paint job intentionally and non intentionally, the pickguard has been painted by an ex girlfriend art student.

I changed the pickups to Bare Knuckle Piledrivers (neck DC 7.4 ohms, Bridge DC13.7 ohms), It will give your humbucker guitar a run for it's money!

You get the picture, this guitar is never going anywhere, it's a keeper for life.

So I've decided I'm going to mod it some more and add a middle pick up (I'll change out the pickguard not to ruin the old picture) and a 5 way super switch to give me the Strat 2 &4 positions, this will help make it more versatile for my needs.

The problem I have come across is finding a Strat middle pickup that is hot enough to match the Piledrivers!!! I want a true single coil not a stacked humbucker.

I think I may have to go back to Bare Knuckle and see if they can wind me something special.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 14 2012, 08:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 13 2012, 10:25 AM) *
So with my Tyler HSS being my number 1 go to guitar, for many reasons, like it's awesome, it's versatile, the neck is a dream. My first proper guitar, that I've abused since 1989 is feeling left out.

I played it for the first time in about 8 months the other day and forgot how great it sounds (for a guitar really needing some fret attention or a refret). It's a guitar that hasn't been babied, it's been played and handled roughly, I've sanded the neck to get rid of most of the finish,battered the paint job intentionally and non intentionally, the pickguard has been painted by an ex girlfriend art student.

I changed the pickups to Bare Knuckle Piledrivers (neck DC 7.4 ohms, Bridge DC13.7 ohms), It will give your humbucker guitar a run for it's money!

You get the picture, this guitar is never going anywhere, it's a keeper for life.

So I've decided I'm going to mod it some more and add a middle pick up (I'll change out the pickguard not to ruin the old picture) and a 5 way super switch to give me the Strat 2 &4 positions, this will help make it more versatile for my needs.

The problem I have come across is finding a Strat middle pickup that is hot enough to match the Piledrivers!!! I want a true single coil not a stacked humbucker.

I think I may have to go back to Bare Knuckle and see if they can wind me something special.

I had the same problem for a while I wanted a real single coil sound for my old Fender that I sold sad.gif
Try Suhr they make very good pickups and their quality is very good!
You can find them used on Ebay and get just one pickup!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 16 2012, 02:59 PM
Learning Roadie
The guys at Bareknuckle recommended the Irish Tour single coil

https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/picku...ckup=irish_tour

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2012, 08:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 16 2012, 01:59 PM) *
The guys at Bareknuckle recommended the Irish Tour single coil

https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/picku...ckup=irish_tour

Irish Tour, what a cool name for a pickup .Named after the Rory Gallagher album I wonder ?? cool.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 16 2012, 09:09 PM
Learning Roadie
All their pickups are named after songs or albums where the pickups have the characteristic of the guitar sound, though the Piledriver set are more hardcore than Status Quo!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 18 2012, 05:35 PM
GMC:er
You could also try the Dimarzio Evolution single coil. It's the one that Steve Vai has in the middle position.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 18 2012, 09:38 PM
Learning Roadie
I want to keep to the Hot Vintage vibe with my Tele.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:31 PM