2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Oh Woe Is Me :(, long post ahead, enter with caution.
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 7 2008, 10:27 AM
GMC:er
I'd have exploded lol. I hate guitar shops. Most are useless. I hope you get your guitar soon enough smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 7 2008, 10:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Open mouthed absolutely gutted for ya I know the exact same feeling hope you get the axe you want soon

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 7 2008, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
It is never fun when this happens....

You wait and you wait and you wait and when the time has come something goes wrong.....

Hope you get your guitar....

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 7 2008, 11:33 AM
Singing Instructor
OMG,so sorry to hear the news.I hope you resolve your problem.sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 7 2008, 11:53 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hope that guy got fired -.- laugh.gif

Really sucks man, hope you find a good guitar soon sad.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 7 2008, 01:24 PM
smile.gif

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 23 2011, 12:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 7 2008, 09:55 PM
Instructor
I can only imagine how you felt in the store, that is an awful experience. sad.gif Try not to worry, and believe that you will get your guitar, it's not the end of the world. In time you will feel better and you will find your guitar. Cheers girl smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 7 2008, 10:49 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
OMG Rok sad.gif sad.gif

That totally sucks, I can't believe those people can be so... well... I mean, they knew you were taking a PLANE to get the thing, they could at least be sure that they got the right axe prepared, wouldn't they?... and a 3,500$ one!, I can understand they confusing a 500$ guitar for another, or a different finish/color... but... that??

Oh well. It will be a really cool story to tell.
Three years from now.

While you are hugging your PRS, because be sure that you'll soon get it Rok, no doubt about it!, don't desperate.

I feel really sorry for you, I've been reading about it on your practice agenda since a long time ago, I can only imagine how you felt. sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 9 2008, 09:18 PM
The Dark Canuck
Thanks everyone for your kind words and support smile.gif One thing that GMC has that no other site does is a sense of family amougst the members and guys I must say I feel the love wub.gif

To Skenny, Hank, Zion, Andrew and everyone else you offered to help me out and did some digging for me, I really appricate the effort guys and it really means a lot to me that you'd be willing to help a sister out smile.gif Especially one you've never met. But you'll all be happy to know I have finally tracked one down, clear across the country in Vancouver, BC smile.gif My boyfriend sister is picking it up for me. She's flying to Newfoundland in about 3 weeks so she's going to personally put it on a plane for me so I'll have same day. So it looks like the end of the month I should have my new axe... unless something else goes wrong... thinking positive though smile.gif

I'll keep you all posted, and again thanks everyone for the help. You all ROK!!!!!!! smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 9 2008, 09:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Awesome news Rok!! I told you you'd get another one somehow smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 9 2008, 09:39 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 9 2008, 05:34 PM) *
Awesome news Rok!! I told you you'd get another one somehow smile.gif

Thanks Fran... I hate having to wait another 3 weeks but what cha gonna do right? I don't know what it is about that guitar but it just speaks to me... and it has to be that color... I could have got it in all black but my LP is all black. I know the astetics are not that important but if I'm spending that much money I want what I want and NO substitutions.

But waiting is pretty much killing me right now... I can be very very impatient wink.gif

rok

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Oct 9 2008, 09:41 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 9 2008, 10:39 PM) *
But waiting is pretty much killing me right now... I can be very very impatient wink.gif

when it comes to new gear, I bet we are ALL very very impatient.. smile.gif i really hope you get one this time.. let us know.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sidewas lightnin...
Oct 9 2008, 10:02 PM
that just sucks. now other way to put it.
That's why i order 99.8% of my stuff on the internet!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 9 2008, 10:22 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thats great rok! Certainly hope everything works out this time smile.gif

+Quote Post
dango
Oct 10 2008, 11:05 AM
Hi rokchik
I am sorry to hear your bad news but I am glad to hear now you will have what you want. smile.gif

QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 9 2008, 09:39 PM) *
I know the astetics are not that important but if I'm spending that much money I want what I want and NO substitutions.

I think astetics is very important, too. So good for you, you found the right one!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 10 2008, 03:57 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Fingers crossed here ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 10 2008, 10:47 PM
sad.gif
I can feel your pain

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:52 PM