Maybe Speed Work?, First lesson...
Hammerhead
Mar 1 2009, 06:49 PM
GMC:er
Adam,
perhaps a speed lesson would be good right now? I'm buried up to my neck in theory with the CAGED system, and I'm working with the minor pentatonic and relative Major with David's blues phrasing lesson. (I added the relative Major to learn to listen to the voicing). So I'm working on the theory and the listening but could you help me build some speed. Maybe with the pentatonic scale at first. I feel like I'm beginning to hear the melodies but if I speed up I tend to lose it. I am still working on getting a line "in" to my lap top so I can record, but I might just record a video with my camera and see if the sound works for now? cool.gif

Thanks,
Robert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Mar 2 2009, 06:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sorry for the delay Robert,

I'm busy at weekends just so you know, but am free all week to provide help with such things smile.gif In regards to your lesson request, I can certainly suggest a couple of lessons to improve speed but first of all would like to ask what your particular level of playing is in regard to speed and pentatonic shapes?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/memberson...king1-video.htm

or

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ermediate-solo/

or

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...c-rock-licks-1/

All of these are great lessons in improving speed, accuracy and consistancy.

Let me know which suits your level and we'll go from there.

P.s If you could keep all questions for me in the same topic you started "Hammerhead blues" that would be great, and also keep things nice and tidy on the board.

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Mar 1 2009, 05:49 PM) *
Adam,
perhaps a speed lesson would be good right now? I'm buried up to my neck in theory with the CAGED system, and I'm working with the minor pentatonic and relative Major with David's blues phrasing lesson. (I added the relative Major to learn to listen to the voicing). So I'm working on the theory and the listening but could you help me build some speed. Maybe with the pentatonic scale at first. I feel like I'm beginning to hear the melodies but if I speed up I tend to lose it. I am still working on getting a line "in" to my lap top so I can record, but I might just record a video with my camera and see if the sound works for now? cool.gif

Thanks,
Robert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Mar 2 2009, 06:54 PM

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:47 AM