Mesa Boogie Road King
FrankW
May 9 2008, 01:24 AM
GMC:er
Muris, I saw your thread on the Road King, so I thought I'd share...My personal favorite at the moment! This thing is revolutionary! Four 6L6s, and 2 EL34s, that are switchable! With four channels, and 12 modes, this amp can do it all. You can run a clean channel with 4 6L6s, another with 2 6L6s, a dirty rhythm with 2 EL34s, a lead with all 6 tubes cranked...you can configure the channels any way you want power tube-wise, using 2, 4, or 6! The Road King speaker cabinet is split with one side sealed for leads, and the other open for cleans. Or, use a sealed 4x12 for leads, and an open backed cabinet for cleans, etc. Ain't this thing cool? It has the Lonestar clean channels, which have been raved about, and the Dual Rectifier lead channels, and then some. You mentioned it would be available to you...check it out for sure! Hope this helps. Oh yeah, be aware that there is a version one and a version two, the newest one, with improved reverb and the Lonestar circuitry for killer cleans.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FrankW: May 18 2008, 08:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
May 9 2008, 01:42 AM
Congrats! I'm most likely going to be getting a Mesa Boogie Mark III soon, I'm going to try it out and (hopefully) buy it this Saturday! The head is from 1987, which is impressive to begin with, but it's in an original Mark I cabinet and speaker! Very vintage... hopefully it's going to be worth the $1100 it's selling for. If I do go for this, it'll be the last big guitar purchase I make for a year or two at least. So I'm not going to get it unless I absolutely love it. But, it looks awesome! It's got clean, crunch, and lead/sustain channels. Hopefully it'll be able to pull off that legendary Santana tone as well as an Andy Timmons-ish type of lead sound. I don't know how it compares to the more modern Mesa Boogies, but I know that people have gotten some awesome sounds out of these!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: May 9 2008, 01:44 AM

+Quote Post
Nermin
May 9 2008, 05:13 AM
Messa Boogie are great amps. I had a chance to play through Dual Rectifier a while back, and i was very impressed. Its got ton of gain, or i call it "teeth crushing gain" biggrin.gif Even though i am Marshall/Fender guy, i like the Boogie too.

--------------------
Some ideas i have recorded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtXfVNlklX0...feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd7_ce2j_Ys

My Gear
American Fender Strat HSS
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Larrivee D03R Acoustic Guitar

Effects
Cry Baby Wah Wah pedal
Boss TU2 Tuner

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 9 2008, 06:10 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I want one badly biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
J.T.
May 9 2008, 07:15 AM
Im using it in the studio now for recording (making an album) and yeah it is one hell of a machine... sounds amazing, but I've used only Gain chanels so far didn't try the clean one... I owned dual recto before but this one is better (the valve switching function is amazing).

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jjt5150
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
Morley Wah - Mark Tremonti model
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 9 2008, 12:29 PM
Instructor
I had no idea Road King has 2 versions,thanks a lot Frank,very useful!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 9 2008, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 9 2008, 12:29 PM) *
I had no idea Road King has 2 versions,thanks a lot Frank,very useful!! smile.gif

You're welcome, Sensei.

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 9 2008, 10:37 PM
[.

This post has been edited by FrankW: May 12 2008, 01:30 AM

+Quote Post
PanicProne
May 10 2008, 09:19 AM
Damn I'd like a Meesa Boogie dual rec or road king. It's just that they're sooooo expensive!

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 18 2008, 08:57 PM
QUOTE (PanicProne @ May 10 2008, 09:19 AM) *
Damn I'd like a Meesa Boogie dual rec or road king. It's just that they're sooooo expensive!

They are, man, especially overseas, apparently, but you do get what you pay for. I think a Road King head cost about 2600-2700 dollars retail here in the states. I hear the prices are brutal across the ocean.

This post has been edited by FrankW: May 18 2008, 08:57 PM

+Quote Post
J.T.
May 18 2008, 09:56 PM
ye they are almost x2 smile.gif

This post has been edited by J.T.: May 18 2008, 09:57 PM

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jjt5150
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
Morley Wah - Mark Tremonti model
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
JVM
May 18 2008, 10:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Then why not spend half on a trip to the US and half on a us-priced amp head! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
PanicProne
May 20 2008, 06:05 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ May 18 2008, 11:01 PM) *
Then why not spend half on a trip to the US and half on a us-priced amp head! biggrin.gif

Someday, I might do just that. Just one problem. How the heck do I bring an amp back to sweden without paying a fortune. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 23 2008, 12:37 AM
QUOTE (PanicProne @ May 20 2008, 06:05 PM) *
Someday, I might do just that. Just one problem. How the heck do I bring an amp back to sweden without paying a fortune. tongue.gif

You can use the Belgian navy! Surely they have a submarine we can use!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 23 2008, 12:43 AM
Instructor
I'm a Mark Lead Addicted biggrin.gif thanks mesa for Mark cII+ and MArk IV biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:05 PM