2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Why Don't Know If Everyone Do This But
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 22 2011, 07:55 PM
GMC:er
why do we kind chew when we play fast/shred

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2011, 08:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 22 2011, 03:55 PM) *
why do we kind chew when we play fast/shred

hahahah I think that I don't do it.. do I?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 22 2011, 08:50 PM
Instructor
That's good, I have seen worse situations, some musicians drool when shred smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 22 2011, 10:02 PM
Instructor
Or making strange head movements smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 22 2011, 10:05 PM
why do we do this : o?

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 22 2011, 10:15 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 22 2011, 09:03 PM) *
hahahah I think that I don't do it.. do I?

You do...and you drool as well. I have wanted to tell you about this for a long time but I wasn't sure how you would take it... please don't hate me tongue.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 22 2011, 11:05 PM) *
why do we do this : o?

The whole body is getting tense because of the concentration required to get through the passage without too many mistakes...

Best for your playing is of course if you look un affected (like Gabe!) by fast runs and try to breathe normally as well.

I personally find it very hard to follow my own advice here... but I am still learning!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2011, 10:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 22 2011, 06:15 PM) *
You do...and you drool as well. I have wanted to tell you about this for a long time but I wasn't sure how you would take it... please don't hate me tongue.gif

hahahaah you should have told me before! my guitar is ruining and I didn't know the reason!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 22 2011, 11:15 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I grit my teeth, and that bad part is that I am mostly aware of it, so its takes away from my concentration.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 22 2011, 11:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 22 2011, 11:49 PM) *
hahahaah you should have told me before! my guitar is ruining and I didn't know the reason!

ohmy.gif I haven't think on you Gabriel...damn..... haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 22 2011, 11:45 PM
I'd do it as a poor attempt to distract people from my playing.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Jun 23 2011, 02:50 AM
YEAHHH AND ALSO WHY DO WE MAKE THE WAH WAH SOUND WITH OUR MOUTH WHEN USING A CRY BABY (WAH-WAH)?????

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 23 2011, 03:03 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jun 22 2011, 08:50 PM) *
YEAHHH AND ALSO WHY DO WE MAKE THE WAH WAH SOUND WITH OUR MOUTH WHEN USING A CRY BABY (WAH-WAH)?????

Yet another way we express ourselves. smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2011, 08:25 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Just because we can! We're MEN and this is proof we can shred and chew gum at the same time. ...or grind teeth, or drool as suggested. All at the same time.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 23 2011, 08:35 AM
Instructor
I think that, without exception, I am chewing gum in all video recordings shot in concerts biggrin.gif absolutely everyone nags me about this habit, but somehow...here I am on stage and I'm chewing gum again smile.gif I guess it's a better than gritting teeth biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 23 2011, 08:44 AM
Instructor
If only we could all be as expressionless as Paul Gilbert when playing.. he makes it look so easy ! wink.gif

I grind my teeth to keep time sometimes... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 23 2011, 08:52 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 22 2011, 11:49 PM) *

Your wood is more humid now - giving you a real 'mojo' feel (with lots of tone and sustain)... all thanks to me!

QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jun 23 2011, 03:50 AM) *

Try feeding a baby without and opening your own mouth...it's the same thing...almost ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 23 2011, 08:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 23 2011, 08:52 AM) *
Try feeding a baby without and opening your own mouth...it's the same thing...almost ph34r.gif

Yes Kris, I found that out when I tried to feed you your vegetables. You can't just eat all the bits you like and leave your greens, you know..... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 23 2011, 09:01 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 23 2011, 09:59 AM) *
Yes Kris, I found that out when I tried to feed you your vegetables. You can't just eat all the bits you like and leave your greens, you know..... dry.gif

Not my fault - you had overbolied them

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 23 2011, 09:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 23 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Not my fault - you had overbolied them

If you want to grow big and strong like the other boys you can't be critical of the condition of the greens, you just have to eat them up. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 23 2011, 11:51 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jun 23 2011, 03:50 AM) *

Hahaha this is so true! I think everyone does this smile.gif
Kinda makes me feel like I'm controlling the sound when I play it - they should just make a Crybaby mouth controller edition, how hard can it be? smile.gif

Regarding grinding teeth and making faces - I think it only distracts us. We are doing it because we are not comfortable/relaxed and it kinda only makes it worse I guess. It's natural to do it though.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:19 PM