> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Yash's Preparation Spot
Yash
Aug 10 2012, 11:11 AM
GMC:er
As I promised, the G# Major scale, harmonized.

G# Major scale has these notes - G# A# C C# D# F G

so, the scale harmonized as chords is

- G# Major - G# (root) C (Major 3rd) D#(5th)
- A# Minor - A# (root) C# (Minor 3rd) F (5th)
- C Minor - C (root) D# (Minor 3rd) G(5th)
- C# Major - C# (root) F(Major 3rd) G# (5th)
- D# Major - D#(root) G (Major 3rd) A# (5th)
- F Minor - F (root) G#(Minor 3rd) G(5th)
- G Minor - G (root) A# (minor 3rd) C(5th)

Hope this was OK. I tried my best smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 10 2012, 05:31 PM
Instructor
G# Major scale has these notes - G# A# C C# D# F G

so, the scale harmonized as chords is

- G# Major - G# (root) C (Major 3rd) D#(5th)
- A# Minor - A# (root) C# (Minor 3rd) F (5th)
- C Minor - C (root) D# (Minor 3rd) G(5th) or B# - B#, D#, G
- C# Major - C# (root) F(Major 3rd) G# (5th)
- D# Major - D#(root) G (Major 3rd) A# (5th)
- F Minor - F (root) G#(Minor 3rd) C(5th) - the 5th is C here not G smile.gif and this could be E# minor, having E#, G#(Minor 3rd) and C(5th)
- G diminished - G (root) A# (minor 3rd) C#(5th)

You were correct in 95% of the cases and you should know that this scale is pretty much not used under this name smile.gif The idea is that I wanted to see if you would use enharmonic relationships between C and B# or F and E#, which are basically the same notes, but for the sake of keeping a homogeneous notation, they can be named like that. B# and E# rarely appear in common western music. They are more of a convention smile.gif

Hope I didn't confuse you or something little bro smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 10 2012, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 10 2012, 10:01 PM) *
- F Minor - F (root) G#(Minor 3rd) C(5th) - the 5th is C here not G smile.gif and this could be E# minor, having E#, G#(Minor 3rd) and C(5th)
- G diminished - G (root) A# (minor 3rd) C#(5th)

You were correct in 95% of the cases and you should know that this scale is pretty much not used under this name smile.gif The idea is that I wanted to see if you would use enharmonic relationships between C and B# or F and E#, which are basically the same notes, but for the sake of keeping a homogeneous notation, they can be named like that. B# and E# rarely appear in common western music. They are more of a convention smile.gif

Hope I didn't confuse you or something little bro smile.gif

No, you confused me... laugh.gif this scale is not used under this name ? Why ?
And I though B# and E# are non-existent, we use C and F instead laugh.gif

And I think I get why we call B# and E#, because all other notes are sharps ??? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 11 2012, 12:53 PM
Instructor
Hey Yash : ) B# and E# are more like conventional notations and G# is VERY little encountered as a scale but, it was a good exercise, right?

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 14 2012, 08:40 AM
Yes it was smile.gif What's next ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 14 2012, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Hehe biggrin.gif Got another one for you wink.gif

Take G# major and transform it into Ab major (G# = Ab - they are in an enharmonic relationship) and harmonize it in the same manner as you did with G# major wink.gif

Let's go!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 14 2012, 08:52 AM
What is enharmonic ? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 14 2012, 08:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 14 2012, 07:52 AM) *
What is enharmonic ? huh.gif

Notes bearing different names but sharing the same sound smile.gif Here they are:

Eb = D#
Gb = F#
Ab = G#

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 15 2013, 07:20 PM
Hey Cosmin biggrin.gif I know its been long, but I got extremely busy and couldn't take care of my guitar and musical duties in general. But, now I am back biggrin.gif And hopefully, I am here to stay. biggrin.gif Too bad, I don't know if I can record or not. I'll try. and, I'll probably much more, MUCH MORE active now.
So, here I am. Let's start. Guitar and Vocals wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2013, 08:17 AM
Instructor
Hey Yash! Welcome back once again smile.gif

I will lay down a little movie for you, in which I will tell you about the experience I have gathered in the last 8 months or so, regarding playing the guitar and singing in the same time - I do it almost daily, for about 1 hr or so. Stay tuned today, eh? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 16 2013, 08:21 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 16 2013, 11:17 AM) *
Hey Yash! Welcome back once again smile.gif

I will lay down a little movie for you, in which I will tell you about the experience I have gathered in the last 8 months or so, regarding playing the guitar and singing in the same time - I do it almost daily, for about 1 hr or so. Stay tuned today, eh? wink.gif

Hey big bro biggrin.gif OK. I'll stay tuned wink.gif I too guess have developed a bit more in the past 8 months or so. Let's see smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2013, 06:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 16 2013, 07:21 AM) *
Hey big bro biggrin.gif OK. I'll stay tuned wink.gif I too guess have developed a bit more in the past 8 months or so. Let's see smile.gif

Alright lil buddy smile.gif here ya go:

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 18 2013, 08:07 PM
About my hair, the damage has been done. They're.... CUT sad.gif sleep.gif

But then again, I couldn't do a thing. Everyone was after me, including mom, dad and my girl as well. sleep.gif I was a lone metal soldier who tried to do his best laugh.gif

Next. I don't know if my pitches are correct and the same as that on guitar. I have a bad ear probably. So, I don't even know my comfort zone. sad.gif I'll do a cover of Tears Don't Fall (acoustic) Let's see smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2013, 10:46 AM
Instructor
Pffff, man, you'll grow up and you'll get to do whatever you wish wink.gif

No worries - now, that recording would be an excellent starting point and, to make things even better, why not record a version against a backing track - where you will focus on the vocals and another one in which you play the guitar as well - can you do that? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 19 2013, 11:30 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 19 2013, 01:46 PM) *
Pffff, man, you'll grow up and you'll get to do whatever you wish wink.gif

No worries - now, that recording would be an excellent starting point and, to make things even better, why not record a version against a backing track - where you will focus on the vocals and another one in which you play the guitar as well - can you do that? smile.gif

OK. I'll sing against a guitar pro backing track, and then, I'll mute my guitar parts from the guitar pro and do a complete performance of the song. How does that sound ? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2013, 11:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 19 2013, 10:30 AM) *
OK. I'll sing against a guitar pro backing track, and then, I'll mute my guitar parts from the guitar pro and do a complete performance of the song. How does that sound ? wink.gif

Like a very good plan! Watch out for the mix smile.gif Make a few test recordings to see what volume you need to sing at in order to hear everything, ok?

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 19 2013, 11:54 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 19 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Like a very good plan! Watch out for the mix smile.gif Make a few test recordings to see what volume you need to sing at in order to hear everything, ok?

Thanks, I just got to knew I need to sing pretty loud tongue.gif Oh well.. mom dad have to live with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 20 2013, 04:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 19 2013, 10:54 AM) *
Thanks, I just got to knew I need to sing pretty loud tongue.gif Oh well.. mom dad have to live with it.

They should be proud that their son is not a bum on the streets doing stupid things, but practicing an instrument and his vocal abilities instead, while also studying medicine.

+Quote Post
Yash
Mar 10 2014, 06:03 PM
Cosmin, a vid coming up for you in a few hours biggrin.gif I am gonna be performing the song you've heard enough times to hate it. Hear it a few more times now tongue.gif

I have a gig. Check the thread in Practice room wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Mar 10 2014, 08:52 PM

There you go smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:07 AM