Playing With A Thimble
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2012, 07:56 AM
Instructor
I do believe many of us here are being acquainted with Ron Thal - AKA Bumblefoot's guitar work, right? But did you guys know that Mr. B-foot plays with a thimble? biggrin.gif

Well, I remembered the amazement that struck me back in 2005 when i first heard about him and listened to his music, so I thought I'd post this video of him playing with a little thimble

Have you guys ever tried to use such a device? I honestly didn't give it too much of a chance although I DID try to use one laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 18 2012, 08:45 AM
Learning Tone Master
Kudos for creativity and technique....but, to me, the sound/tone is awful and at an annoying frequency for my brain and ears.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2012, 09:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Sep 18 2012, 07:45 AM) *
Kudos for creativity and technique....but, to me, the sound/tone is awful and at an annoying frequency for my brain and ears.

Like dog whistles biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 18 2012, 06:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ha! I guess I was listening on my laptop, so perhaps it doesn't sound THAT bad in real life.

OR, you could easily test different materials to maybe change the tone of the thimble. Kind of like Tony Iommi trying out different finger-caps for different tone.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 18 2012, 01:04 AM) *
Like dog whistles biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2012, 07:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Sep 18 2012, 05:49 PM) *
Ha! I guess I was listening on my laptop, so perhaps it doesn't sound THAT bad in real life.

OR, you could easily test different materials to maybe change the tone of the thimble. Kind of like Tony Iommi trying out different finger-caps for different tone.

True mate biggrin.gif My grandma also has a plastic one laugh.gif I should give that a try as well!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:49 PM