Whats Up
MHD Pickups
Jan 25 2013, 08:23 PM
GMC:er
Hey new here and noticed there is not an intruction space, so i thought i would post it here being as this is where i will spend most of my time.

my name is Rayne, Captcoolaid on most other forums, and i am a custom pickup winder. i am not here to pedal my stuff, just hear to maybe help answer questions regarding pups and the common misconceptions regarding them.

Oh yeah I am a Pisces I hate long walks anywhere that is why i own a car.

Peace and Tone

Rayne.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://mhd-pickups.com/

https://www.facebook.com/mhd.pickups

DC DOES NOT EQUAL OUTPUT. Dc is a resistance value and that is all. It WILL NOT tell you what it will sound like, it WILL NOT make you sound like another player.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Sensible Jones
Jan 25 2013, 10:10 PM
Hey Rayne, welcome to GMC!!
I am also a Pisces but own Motorcycles instead of Cars!
I'm more into building Guitars and repairs than I am playing them!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2013, 11:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Rayne! It's great to have you here! Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 26 2013, 03:20 AM
Haha, great intro. Welcome to the forum man! Glad to have you here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MHD Pickups
Jan 26 2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks so far it looks like a cool place.

--------------------

DC DOES NOT EQUAL OUTPUT. Dc is a resistance value and that is all. It WILL NOT tell you what it will sound like, it WILL NOT make you sound like another player.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 29 2013, 01:26 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (MHD Pickups @ Jan 25 2013, 08:23 PM) *

Hahahah awesome introduction - welcome to GMC Rayne! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
fluff191
Jan 29 2013, 04:32 AM
Whats up Rayne!

--------------------
Schecter Guitars | DV Mark Amps | Kemper Profiling Amp | Logic Pro 9

YouTube Channel: Riffs, Beards & Gear

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2013, 07:09 AM
Welcome to GMC!! smile.gif Got a link or something? I'm always up to checkout boutique gear!!! P.S. Have you wound any ALNICO * pickups yet?

Todd

QUOTE (MHD Pickups @ Jan 25 2013, 02:23 PM) *
Hey new here and noticed there is not an intruction space, so i thought i would post it here being as this is where i will spend most of my time.

my name is Rayne, Captcoolaid on most other forums, and i am a custom pickup winder. i am not here to pedal my stuff, just hear to maybe help answer questions regarding pups and the common misconceptions regarding them.

Peace and Tone

Rayne.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2013, 09:09 AM
Instructor
Hello Rayne! Welcome to GMC man! Let us know if there's something you'd like to ask or need help with smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 30 2013, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 30 2013, 06:09 AM) *
Welcome to GMC!! smile.gif Got a link?

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jan 30 2013, 06:04 PM

+Quote Post
Maddnotez
Jan 30 2013, 08:45 PM
Hello Sir,

I actually do have a pup question.

I used to use an old beat up Jackson, threw some actives in there as i do want the most brutal tone ever. Had my VHT sounding mean with it but I wanted another guitar. I ends up with a 92 S540. My first maple neck and holy shit I love maple but its really bright. Naturally I throw in a Tone Zone and it works. Now Im rocking!!!!

However recently i decide tonight im using my Jackson and had another wtf moment. It just sounded more brutal. Noticeable difference, pinch harmonics are easier more sustain, everything.

Now im thinking ok so now I need some gus g's perhaps?

I love the Duncan active sound for metal but the passives are so vocal vs. Stomped to shit like the actives.

Needless to say im in a hard place and need help.

Should i get some hotter passives or install some active?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2013, 04:04 AM
You read my mind somehow on this pickup smile.gif Even uses an Alnico 8 magnet!

------------
The Manfred: 21k + A5, A8 mag

Named after Manfred Sakel, the father of insulin shock therapy. And this pup will do it. Very high DC and will drive the front end of your amp. It does clean up but will still drive the clean channel to a light break up when played hard. Best friends are Strats and Teles. The coil tap is a smooth 10.5k which will get you to a warm single coil tone. Some say I am crazy for this one but, after all, this is MadHouse Designs and that is what I do.
----------

I didn't see any sound samples or links to youtube vids of folks playing them or what not so I thought I'd ask if you have any links for such? Also, I didn't see any prices?

P.S. PLEASE tell me you makek them as trembuckers and have BLACK chrome covers? I;ll PM ya so I don't miss the reply.

Todd

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 30 2013, 12:03 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 31 2013, 04:05 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 31 2013, 09:12 AM
Instructor
Hey, I'm curious too - where can we hear them and how much do they cost?

+Quote Post
MHD Pickups
Feb 1 2013, 05:09 AM
QUOTE (Maddnotez @ Jan 30 2013, 07:45 PM) *
Hello Sir,

I actually do have a pup question.

I used to use an old beat up Jackson, threw some actives in there as i do want the most brutal tone ever. Had my VHT sounding mean with it but I wanted another guitar. I ends up with a 92 S540. My first maple neck and holy shit I love maple but its really bright. Naturally I throw in a Tone Zone and it works. Now Im rocking!!!!

However recently i decide tonight im using my Jackson and had another wtf moment. It just sounded more brutal. Noticeable difference, pinch harmonics are easier more sustain, everything.

Now im thinking ok so now I need some gus g's perhaps?

I love the Duncan active sound for metal but the passives are so vocal vs. Stomped to shit like the actives.

Needless to say im in a hard place and need help.

Should i get some hotter passives or install some active?

To me actives are well not the way to go. I have played for years and to me they just lack a certain feel/mojo to them. I do actuall have a set that is as aggresive as an active but still retains the organic tone of a Passive. Some swear on the clean channel it sounds like a PAF but it is actuall 17.8k with a ceramic 8 mag in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxVjSMOpD3k

This was supposed to be a high output shoot out but to me fell a little short. However it does show some of the versitlity of the Walter

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 31 2013, 03:04 AM) *
You read my mind somehow on this pickup smile.gif Even uses an Alnico 8 magnet!

------------
The Manfred: 21k + A5, A8 mag

Named after Manfred Sakel, the father of insulin shock therapy. And this pup will do it. Very high DC and will drive the front end of your amp. It does clean up but will still drive the clean channel to a light break up when played hard. Best friends are Strats and Teles. The coil tap is a smooth 10.5k which will get you to a warm single coil tone. Some say I am crazy for this one but, after all, this is MadHouse Designs and that is what I do.
----------

I didn't see any sound samples or links to youtube vids of folks playing them or what not so I thought I'd ask if you have any links for such? Also, I didn't see any prices?

P.S. PLEASE tell me you makek them as trembuckers and have BLACK chrome covers? I;ll PM ya so I don't miss the reply.

Todd

Here is the Manfred in action. It used to be called the Mofee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtsAWdBHDGY...jQ&index=18
Todd I use A8 everywhere. HI would do clips of it in my Strat, Here is the PG from it

And here is the guitar All Ash. IOt was designed to tame ash bodied guitars but grew in to a monster all its own.
[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii61/captcoolaid/IMG_0536_zps322525d6.jpg[/IM
here is a link to my Youtube paige.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MHDPickups?feature=mhee

Also all prices for sets are 175 plus shipping. The only upcharge is for Black nickel covers. They cost me quite a bit so I have to charge for it, but they are 20 bucks more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 1 2013, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Love this one!

+Quote Post
MHD Pickups
Feb 1 2013, 02:36 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 1 2013, 09:18 AM) *

Love this one!

Ah yes the 86/87 set. It is an A2 set named this because it was the last time they had a number 1 hit lol.

here is the Manfred through a Bogner Exstacy.

This post has been edited by MHD Pickups: Feb 1 2013, 02:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 2 2013, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Nice! What sort of an axe is that? I can't see what's written on the headstock sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 2 2013, 11:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MHD Pickups @ Jan 25 2013, 07:23 PM) *

Me too - Pisces against the world ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 25 2013, 09:10 PM) *
I am also a Pisces but own Motorcycles instead of Cars!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 2 2013, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 2 2013, 08:43 AM) *
Nice! What sort of an axe is that? I can't see what's written on the headstock sad.gif

Gemini here ... and it looks like an ESP.

+Quote Post
MHD Pickups
Feb 4 2013, 11:54 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 2 2013, 04:46 PM) *
Gemini here ... and it looks like an ESP.

Yes ESP custom shop.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 04:24 PM