Help: Record Amp Usb Reaper, Weird problems
thefireball
Nov 13 2011, 10:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

I just got a new amp the other day and I want to record it with Reaper as others do. It has a USB port. I have seen on the web that other people use the ASIO4ALL plugin with no problems. What am I doing wrong? Problem disappears when I unplug the USB cable from my computer. I would really like to clear up this issue so I can record with my new amp primarily and use POD Farm secondarily. I love the lack of latency. Thanks. -- Brandon

What I don't think it is: RAM - I have 4 GB of it! And I have run more programs than this before.
What I think it is, but not sure: Looping feedback because of the clipping, distorted sound it resembles.

If so, how do I solve this? If it's something else - what?? I've been frustrated for days!
VIDEO EXPLAINS MORE.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 13 2011, 11:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 13 2011, 10:54 PM) *
Hi

I just got a new amp the other day and I want to record it with Reaper as others do. It has a USB port. I have seen on the web that other people use the ASIO4ALL plugin with no problems. What am I doing wrong? Problem disappears when I unplug the USB cable from my computer. I would really like to clear up this issue so I can record with my new amp primarily and use POD Farm secondarily. I love the lack of latency. Thanks. -- Brandon

What I don't think it is: RAM - I have 4 GB of it! And I have run more programs than this before.
What I think it is, but not sure: Looping feedback because of the clipping, distorted sound it resembles.

If so, how do I solve this? If it's something else - what?? I've been frustrated for days!
VIDEO EXPLAINS MORE.

I think your amp has become the sound card instead of your pod,so reaper,I think ,has to have been set and or have a download for the mustang to be the sound card

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Nov 13 2011, 11:34 PM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 14 2011, 04:14 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 13 2011, 04:33 PM) *
I think your amp has become the sound card instead of your pod,so reaper,I think ,has to have been set and or have a download for the mustang to be the sound card

Thanks, but I'm not sure where to start?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 14 2011, 04:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You need to install Fender Universal Asio driver for this to work.
Here is a detailed tutorial : http://www.fender.com/support/articles/fen...ng-and-playback

In general, whenever a device connects through USB - you need a driver for it to work.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 14 2011, 05:23 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 14 2011, 09:19 AM) *
You need to install Fender Universal Asio driver for this to work.
Here is a detailed tutorial : http://www.fender.com/support/articles/fen...ng-and-playback

In general, whenever a device connects through USB - you need a driver for it to work.

This appears to be working now. I was trying this before, but every time i would hit the ASIO configuration button Reaper would crash. I have the 64 bit version. I switched to the 32 bit version and it works now.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 14 2011, 05:24 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 14 2011, 05:23 PM) *
This appears to be working now. I was trying this before, but every time i would hit the ASIO configuration button Reaper would crash. I have the 64 bit version. I switched to the 32 bit version and it works now.

Awesome! smile.gif
Must have been the 64 bit version issue - it might be less stable as it's new.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 14 2011, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I confirm that 64bit is definitely less stable for audio production of any kind sad.gif 32bit software (specially 32bit Win7) usually works with no problems.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 15 2011, 01:42 AM
GMC:er
The guys are dead on smile.gif STAY AWAY from the 64 Bit version unless you have a great reason to use it. It's a bit less stable and the benefits don't yet outweigh the problems. Maybe next year they will.

Also, as far as latency make sure you reduce your samples/latency in the preferences in REAPER take it down to 64 and see if it still works. At that point, the latency is to low to notice.

As far as recording direct, some amps can emulate themselves pretty well over USB, some don't. Give it a shot and see what you think. If you are not getting the same tone you get in your bedroom with just the amp, you might need to mic it.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 15 2011, 03:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, I think it's working okay now. smile.gif We'll see how it goes.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 15 2011, 05:54 PM
Instructor
Let us know man if there are any issues (god forbid tho....) smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:24 PM